Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 16-09-2018, 02:46 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Brilliant fight. I thought GGG nicked it, but it was very tight. Draw would've been fair. Loss is hard to take, but talk of a 'robbery' is ridiculous.
I know I should think it was a brilliant fight and I know having sung mayweathers praises on here several times it’s an odd thing to say. I didn’t really enjoy the fight that much. They almost cancel each other out too much for it to have enough jeopardy for me at times. I apreciate it’s boxing at the the very highest level. I admire both but I didn’t ever really get excited by the fight.

I wouldn’t bother paying and waking up at 3:45am again. The fights will just be the same super close high quality stuff until triple g gets old. I don’t think there is anything left to know they simply cancel each other out. There are more interesting match up’s to be made now.

Last edited by scro; 16-09-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:44 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was amazing in Vegas, I had GGG winning by 2, but it was a very very close fight. They are both boxers of the highest level.

I'm meeting Scott Quigg tomorrow in the Wild Card gym in LA for an interview, really looking forward to that.

I did an interview with Barry Jones for about half an hour, what a cracking bloke and spoke to loads of people at the boxing expo. I could have cried though got back to the hotel and the memory card wiped lost so much good footage! You live and learn lol.

I would love if BJS gets through his next fight to get a shot at Alvarez, he would give him some real problems.

Last edited by vegas78; Yesterday at 10:16 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
It was amazing in Vegas, I had GGG winning by 2, but it was a very very close fight. They are both boxers of the highest level.

I'm meeting Scott Quigg tomorrow in the Wild Card gym in LA for an interview, really looking forward to that.

I did an interview with Barry Jones for about half an hour, what a cracking bloke and spoke to loads of people at the boxing expo. I could have cried though got back to the hotel and the memory card wiped lost so much good footage! You live and earn lol.

I would love if BJS gets through his next fight to get a shot at Alvarez, he would give him some real problems.
Barry Jones always comes across well. You appear to be living the dream.. are you doing it for a living or a hobby?
Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Barry Jones always comes across well. You appear to be living the dream.. are you doing it for a living or a hobby?
He is such a nice guy mate, spent a couple of hours with him chatting boxing, he really knows his stuff. Just a hobby mate,
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I actually though Canelo edged this one. He was the busier fight, controlled the ring for large portions of the fight and pulled off the crisper, tidier punches. The fight was so close I could see it going either way though (although maybe not under a golden boy set-up). Hopefully they go again.
Alvarez is rapid so his punches are always going to look a bit crisper but he ate a lot of jabs and took some big punches towards the end. Definitely tit for tat though.
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Technically it wasnt a robbery, but we all knew that if it went to the scorecards Canelo would get it. Somehow over the 2 fights Golovkin only won 1 of the 6 scorecards, despite him winning both fights IMO. I had Golovkin by 2 as well.

The annoying thing about all of this is the drugs ban kept Canelo fresh and aged Golovkin a tad. There should a 3rd fight but unless GGG can stop him or fight outside of Vegas there's only one outcome. Only in Boxing do drug cheats prosper.
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Technically it wasnt a robbery, but we all knew that if it went to the scorecards Canelo would get it. Somehow over the 2 fights Golovkin only won 1 of the 6 scorecards, despite him winning both fights IMO. I had Golovkin by 2 as well.

The annoying thing about all of this is the drugs ban kept Canelo fresh and aged Golovkin a tad. There should a 3rd fight but unless GGG can stop him or fight outside of Vegas there's only one outcome. Only in Boxing do drug cheats prosper.
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM

sad to hear about the passing of enzo calzaghe.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
sad to hear about the passing of enzo calzaghe.
Really?! That's awful. RIP

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone see the BIlly Joe Saunders video?!

What a wanker.

Old Today, 05:25 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

Boxing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
Really?! That's awful. RIP

Yeah RIP.

Did a great job with enzo maccarinelli and gavin Rees also, and talked his Son into fighting Jeff Lacey when Joe wanted to pull out with a bad hand.

A real character. Very sad
Old Today, 10:09 AM
Question!

Hope BJS gets a big ban

Old Today, 10:36 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hope BJS gets a big ban
He has serious issues.
Old Today, 01:09 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

Quote:
Hope BJS gets a big ban
Just seen it, disgusting. The guy has done stuff like that a few times.

Had a mad day yesterday, got invited into the closed part of the Wildcard to watch Quigg train with Freddie Roach!
Old Today, 01:17 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
He’s apologised for the ‘banter’