Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 09-04-2018, 08:21 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Palace vs weeds

Now we’re in the build up to this game I’ve started reminiscing about past encounters . I’ve got loads of memories ,good and bad , but on the whole we’ve had the upper hand .
The 5-0 one was a classic , “ 5 nill and you can’t **** off “ plus the last minute winner at the running track was pretty enjoyable.
But what are your memories of games in the past ?

Last edited by thereichstuff; 09-04-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:17 AM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Now we’re in the build up to this game I’ve started reminiscing about past encounters . I’ve got loads of memories ,good and bad , but on the whole we’ve had the upper hand .
The 5-0 one was a classic , “ 5 nill and you can’t **** off “ plus the last minute winner at the running track was pretty enjoyable.
But what are your memories of games in the past ?
Hanging around on a platform at east Croydon after a match as a 15 year old getting thumped by an older Palace fan. I told him I was Palace and he said "you look like Brighton"
Old 09-04-2018, 09:22 AM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The nascence of industrial music with the loud sounds of coin metal on fencing and railing.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:33 AM

ceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Hanging around on a platform at east Croydon after a match as a 15 year old getting thumped by an older Palace fan. I told him I was Palace and he said "you look like Brighton"
Which one of the Village People were you dressed like?
Old 09-04-2018, 09:50 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
The 5-0 was my first of the games and from then I've always seen it as one way traffic. Even when they were boasting about the tides turning when they got the Amex we were the first side to beat them at there new ground in a competitive game.

The play off game however will never, ever be topped. You couldn't have wrote that any better with the local lad who was a shit Bas Savage according the ever knowledgeable lot nearly ripping the Brighton net open.

We haven't humiliated them just once we've done it a few times.

Hopefully the trend will continue this Saturday. It's a massive game for both sides.

Clinton Morrison
Old 09-04-2018, 10:13 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post

Do you have a fat tongue?
Old 09-04-2018, 10:40 AM

Eagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There's quite a few 'high's to choose from, the Play Off Semi obviously is the icing on the cake, but being the first team to beat them in the league at their new wonky stadium runs it close
Old 09-04-2018, 10:48 AM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Withdean 0-0, we were all applauding Sir Steve but for a brief moment Trevor Francis thought we were applauding him, then the hail of coins whilst waiting to be let out, followed by bricks at Preston Park station

The game with the 5 pens and Ian Wrights wonder goal from the touchline live long in the memory... aside from the obvious ones (AJ hat-trick 5-0, Jobi in the last minute and the greatest ever; the Wilf Zaha play off semi second leg, limbs everywhere!)
Old 09-04-2018, 10:49 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Do you have a fat tongue?
He did afterwards
Old 09-04-2018, 10:55 AM

" the bars have been restocked "
" it's for your own ******* safety "
Old 09-04-2018, 11:02 AM

Years ago we had them at home and we were in the sailor early doors . Someone run in and said " there's a load of weeds by the clock tower " so a few of us run out and they clocked us . It became very clear we were heavily outnumbered and the weeds fancied it ( numbers game ) and they bounded down . After a bit of windmilling we retreated to the sanctuary of the sailor where a standoff ensued. They eventually left and a few minutes later a palace lad sheepishly came in , he explained " l sort of hid " much to everyone's amusement.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:12 AM

matbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The five pen match was fun and meeting a palace mate of mine in the home end was quite funny
Old 09-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
The nascence of industrial music with the loud sounds of coin metal on fencing and railing.
I didn't hear that , I had my hood up
Old 09-04-2018, 12:40 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Boxing Day 1979 at the goldstone
Lost 3-0 awful day
The August 1974 game we lost 1-0 but it was the first time we'd played them for years and we had a great time in Brighton
Palace fans were in the north stand with Brighton fans segregated by a small police cordon I think
Wouldn't happen today ������
Old 09-04-2018, 12:41 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
My favourite was this season. Down the seafront early doors admiring the wonderful views of the beach. Then leaving to get to the ground nice and early, only to be caught by Old Bill, marched around the whole of Brighton, getting to the stadium and the stewards bottle it and lock us out. Still in a kettle, marched back to the station just after half time and getting on a train from Falmer to Brighton about the 88th minute having never got a glimpse of the pitch.

Blinding.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:54 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
My favourite was this season. Down the seafront early doors admiring the wonderful views of the beach. Then leaving to get to the ground nice and early, only to be caught by Old Bill, marched around the whole of Brighton, getting to the stadium and the stewards bottle it and lock us out. Still in a kettle, marched back to the station just after half time and getting on a train from Falmer to Brighton about the 88th minute having never got a glimpse of the pitch.

Blinding.

Two bob police force.

The cheeky Slags even wanted me to get the train to Brighton and change when I only had to go the other way about 5 minutes.

Clinton Morrison
Old 09-04-2018, 01:16 PM

matbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Boxing Day 1979 at the goldstone
Lost 3-0 awful day
The August 1974 game we lost 1-0 but it was the first time we'd played them for years and we had a great time in Brighton
Palace fans were in the north stand with Brighton fans segregated by a small police cordon I think
Wouldn't happen today ������
My first derby not that I remember much except getting lost on the east terrace
Old 09-04-2018, 01:47 PM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
Being a steward in the away end for the AJ 5-0 and not being able to celebrate whilst getting things raining down from us from both sides.

Being at the 1-2 at the Amex and some plummy weed jumping the hoarding, running across and trying to land a punch which missed and my reply was also feeble but by then the stewards had grabbed him.

Then on the way out hearing some slaggy weed steward tell her mates she was coming to Selhurst to cause the same kind of damage we had

And the 1-0 at Selhurst where Bolasie made Bruno fall on his arris makes me chuckle, but that effing wall

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:31 PM

Battle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First game away, In 74 when we went down to the old third division, took over the whole ground, was fifteen at the time, hated them ever since. Funny thing obviously then not such a big rival as on 18,799 at Selhurst in the return, more against Southend 26,odd.
Do remember when they brought a tidy firm in the 70s I think,kicked all over east Croydon, remember being in the pub opposite the station when loads came out and straight over to the pub. More than we expected. Today just a load of deluded cxnts. Can't wait until Saturday.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:42 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
One of the craziest games I have ever been to, was the 2-1 at SP in 1989.
Obviously the 5 penalties, but my real memory was afterwards, when I was pretty
annoyed that we hadn't stuffed the Weeds out of sight, because for the first half hour, we played as well as we could have, they were already down to 10 men and we were taking them to the total cleaners. But then we started missing penalties !
I remember when Kelvin Morton gave the 3rd pen, straight we missed the 2nd one, he was chased after by half of the Weed players, but he still kept pointing to the spot !
Our last penalty by John Pemberton was truly terrible but almost funny, as his kick soared into the Holmesdale crowd.
And they nearly snatched a very unlikely point, with Perry Suckling making a brilliant save, when they looked certain to score.
I recall Steve Coppell being pretty angry after the game, saying that the players were celebrating the penalties before we had scored them.
A remarkable Easter Monday afternoon !

Last edited by Maiden Eagle; 09-04-2018 at 04:55 PM.