Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:12 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I honestly don’t understand those who find City’s approach distasteful or classless. This was a professional football match in the semi final of a major competition, not an U9s game.

I would have loved us to have done similar to Grimsby - I’d have been shouting ‘We want 10’. I loved it when we stuck 8 past Southend way back when.

Should City really have stopped at 6 or 7? Just passed the ball about, deliberately not shooting or purposely shooting over or wide? They’d have got pelters for being patronising.
Correct
Old 10-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I don't know how comfortable I feel about the result last night. In part it feels like they really could have stopped trying at 5.

I wonder what sort of team Man City will put out in the second leg? Possibly a full youth / development team surely?
I’m sure the Burton lads would have much preferred the “you’re so shit, that we simply had to try harder not to score” approach to the game.

Who cares how many you concede in a professional game of football!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:42 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Credit to Man City that they took it so seriously and play such good football. It made the game a good watch throughout rather than just running through the motions after they scored. Burton players did so well to get this far and there's no shame in losing to a team that good.

Shows just how we were to win against them.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
I’m sure the Burton lads would have much preferred the “you’re so shit, that we simply had to try harder not to score” approach to the game.

Who cares how many you concede in a professional game of football!
For a one off maybe. But a game over two legs... To me personally it's going to look a bit shocking down the years if a team wins a cup Semi Final over two legs by something stupid like 16-0.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
For a one off maybe. But a game over two legs... To me personally it's going to look a bit shocking down the years if a team wins a cup Semi Final over two legs by something stupid like 16-0.
But that is nothing to do with Man City. You simply can't say to a professional team against another (albeit miles down the ladder) to not try. You do that at junior football level.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whats shocking is how shit everyone else that Burton beat along the way must have been, or in fact, how shit the teams that lost to teams Burton beat along the way....

We lost to a team, beaten by the team that lost 16-0 in a semi, thats what the record books will show
Old 10-01-2019, 10:07 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like Guardiola and appreciate he was stuck in between a rock (playing the U23s and getting criticism for arrogance/lack of respect) and a hard place (being accused of being a bully when they win 9-0), but I did find it distasteful. Mind you, I find most things about that club distasteful.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:11 AM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Absolutely. I was at their game vs Rotherham on Sunday & was delighted that they put out a strong team. I enjoyed just sitting back & watching De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Mahrez & Jesus do their stuff.

I appreciate that Rotherham are a lower Championship team but I did sit there wondering how the **** we managed to beat City.
If your full-backs and DCMs play very well, you have a chance.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:04 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
If your full-backs and DCMs play very well, you have a chance.
Injuries helped too. For me, we never would’ve beaten City if they had Sliva, Fernandinho, Ageuro and De Bruyne fit and starting.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Injuries helped too. For me, we never would’ve beaten City if they had Sliva, Fernandinho, Ageuro and De Bruyne fit and starting.
Chuck in a Townsend worldie and Bob's Yer Uncle
Old 10-01-2019, 03:53 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
In all the talk and all the words written over the years about Liverpool beating Palace 9-0, I don't recall ever hearing anyone say, "They (Liverpool) should have eased up at 5-0 and just passed the ball around" or "Liverpool just showed they are bullies" etc., etc.. We took a spanking and as Golf Boy alluded to, it probably did us good in the long run.

I appreciate that relatively speaking the two clubs were more equal so all "niceties" were out of the window, but Burton had shown they were no mugs, if not in hindsight "lucky" to be in a semi-final.

I think if we had scored early on v Grimsby we could have gone on to a similar score line of 5 or 6-0 - this is just how football works.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:03 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
In all the talk and all the words written over the years about Liverpool beating Palace 9-0, I don't recall ever hearing anyone say, "They (Liverpool) should have eased up at 5-0 and just passed the ball around" or "Liverpool just showed they are bullies" etc., etc.. We took a spanking and as Golf Boy alluded to, it probably did us good in the long run.

I appreciate that relatively speaking the two clubs were more equal so all "niceties" were out of the window, but Burton had shown they were no mugs, if not in hindsight "lucky" to be in a semi-final.

I think if we had scored early on v Grimsby we could have gone on to a similar score line of 5 or 6-0 - this is just how football works.
We should've played Dougie up front. We'd have been 5-0 up at half time
Old 10-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Has anyone actually suggested that ManCity should have put out a weak team, or stopped at 5-0 ?
My criticism was aimed at the prattish behaviour of the Man City players, hugging and kissing at their 'monumental achievement',
Who did they think they were kidding ?
Old 11-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Has anyone actually suggested that ManCity should have put out a weak team, or stopped at 5-0 ?

Yep, here;

To view the link you have to Register or Login

As has already been stated numerous times in various forms on this thread, it was hardly a U9’s game. I’m sure the Man City player celebrations were due to them being involved in what could have been potentially the club’s record result if they kept on scoring.