Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 27-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Craig Harrison: Hartlepool appoint The New Saints boss as manager

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Seems to have put a bit of weight on since he was with us.
Old 27-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Shit or Bust

Shamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is hereShamone Sam the man is here
Terrible player. Unknown as a manager as I could manage TNS and win the league.
Old 27-05-2017, 10:07 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Good luck to him. Used to live down my road.
Old 27-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
I know I'm in a minority but I can think of far worse players I've seen in a Palace shirt than Craig Harrison and I hated the way people got on his back at the first sign of an error. When he played a few games at centre back I thought he did a decent job in what was a pretty poor Palace side. I really dislike it when Palace fans make a scapegoat of an honest - even if not very good - player, when there were wankers like Ruddock in the side stealing a living.

I hope he does a good job at Hartlepool - no-one deserves to have their career finished in the way his was.
Old 27-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I know I'm in a minority but I can think of far worse players I've seen in a Palace shirt than Craig Harrison and I hated the way people got on his back at the first sign of an error. When he played a few games at centre back I thought he did a decent job in what was a pretty poor Palace side. I really dislike it when Palace fans make a scapegoat of an honest - even if not very good - player, when there were wankers like Ruddock in the side stealing a living.

I hope he does a good job at Hartlepool - no-one deserves to have their career finished in the way his was.
I'm also in that minority, he was no where near as bad as some made out.

I'm sure it was Sunderland away when he was superb
Old 27-05-2017, 04:22 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post

Me to, thought he got a rough deal at a difficult time for us. Hartlepool are my second team, gutted they were relegated, hope Craig gets them back first attempt.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 27-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87 View Post
I'm also in that minority, he was no where near as bad as some made out.

I'm sure it was Sunderland away when he was superb
Yep, when played in his natural position he was good....bit like another young defender we have now.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-05-2017, 08:58 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
honest pro albeit limited, plenty of passion. Will forever have my respect for giving "that" gesture to Kevin Miller at Oakwell as he trudged off
Old 23-07-2023, 07:20 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-07-2023, 07:52 AM

Dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I may be in minority but I remember thinking he was one of the worse players I had seen in a palace shirt during a home game once
Old 23-07-2023, 08:01 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedders View Post
I may be in minority but I remember thinking he was one of the worse players I had seen in a palace shirt during a home game once
It was a bit more complex than that. Gonzo’s position on this is fascinating.

He had some qualities but lacked in other significantly. I can’t see how he was so rated as a kid though.
Old 23-07-2023, 08:45 AM

EL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought he was a decent player, named my cat after him! I did
Hope he does well
Old 23-07-2023, 08:48 AM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Your cat is called Craig?
Old 23-07-2023, 08:48 AM

mrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrfenandes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great cross to Forssell that led to Morrisons goal v Liverpool...
Old 23-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I think he was rather duff as a left back, but I think for the ressies, or maybe the first team once, he played with distinction in the centre
Old 25-07-2023, 02:00 PM

Sirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSirmatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He was truly awful at left back,but was transformed when he went to center back,and actually looked pretty decent and looked like a footballer at left back he was up there with some of the real worst to don the red and blue..Amir Karic was another awful left back loaned from Ipswich he was reminiscent of a Bear wrestler..
Old 25-07-2023, 02:06 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Funny that because his whole youth career he played CB. When he came to Palace was the first time he played LB.
Old 25-07-2023, 02:18 PM

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Smith and his crazy full back psychosis; Craig Harrison at LB on his debut. Darren Pitcher at RB on his debut. Wayne Carlisle at RB at Anfield in the second leg of the league cup semi final. Bonkers decisions all.
Old 25-07-2023, 02:39 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Am I remembering rightly that he was nicknamed Margret?
Old 25-07-2023, 06:51 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Thought his nickname was Hairy