No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multinationals will now blackmail the UK government. Tax cuts or they leave. They are now the same size fish in a smaller pond.
    I am not a Charlton supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Adlerhorst View Post
      I am sure Richard promised me that banks would only move euro clearing types and not anyone else at all whatsoever.

That didn't last long
      Originally posted by cdm61 View Post
      The jobs that could be moved from the UK would be in euro clearing, as well as other investment banking functions and senior management.

Morgan Stanley today denied reports that it had begun the process of relocation: “The UK’s vote to leave the European Union is a very significant decision which will have a considerable impact, the extent of which will not be known for some time. There will be at least a period of two years before an actual exit takes place, so there will be time to implement any changes required to adjust our business to the new environment.
      I appreciate that emotions are running high, but let's just see shall we ?

Personally, I can't see investment bankers / senior management and their families wanting to live in Frankfurt (dull as dishwater) or Paris (70+% tax) - but nice to know that you are focussed on all strata of society.

Comment

Ford considers UK job cuts after Brexit vote as carmakers eye future - Country produces 1.6m autos annually, mostly for export

The group, which closed two UK plants in 2012 with the loss of thousands of jobs, said it “will take whatever action is needed” to keep its operations competitive.

Many of the world’s largest car groups have manufacturing operations across Britain, and about 80 per cent of the cars that roll off UK production lines are destined for export — half of those to the rest of the EU.

Nick Gill, automotive expert at Capgemini, said: “If I’m a carmaker and I’m taking a decision on where next to place my model, are you going to do it in a market that’s small with concerns around currency and its distribution into other markets, or will you put it [in a place] with safety in currency and a large market for sales?”
        I doubt Brexiters care about jobs because they have guaranteed incomes. It is about something else for many of them.
        I am not a Charlton supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post

Personally, I can't see investment bankers / senior management and their families wanting to live in Frankfurt (dull as dishwater) or Paris (70+% tax) - but nice to know that you are focussed on all strata of society.
          They won't necessarily have to. The business as a whole though may move. It's those at the bottom of the chain again who will suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
            I doubt Brexiters care about jobs because they have guaranteed incomes. It is about something else for many of them.
            Considering I'm due to be starting a graduate job in October which could be put in jeopardy by the vote, but I also chose to vote to leave, I think your sweeping statement is a touch wide of the mark in a number of cases.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleborn View Post
              They won't necessarily have to. The business as a whole though may move. It's those at the bottom of the chain again who will suffer.
              In the case of investment banks, the bottom of the chain are earning upwards of £70k/year..

Comment

Control has been taken back from the Eton and Oxbridge educated toffs in the establishment and given to the Eto.....oh,...no...wait.
                ..still searching for those young soul rebels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Spade View Post
                  Control has been taken back from the Eton and Oxbridge educated toffs in the establishment and given to the Eto.....oh,...no...wait.
                  In other words Bullingdon 2.0

Comment

Control of what precisely?

Seems to me that nobody knows what to do or how to do it anyway. But we have control?
                    Splitter.

Cricket wanker.

Comment

This thread has echoes of something that I am surprised is so extensive. That many people voted leave to 'shake things up'. I get the need to shake things up, I agree that the vote is one mechanism but what I don't get is why anyone would choose the referendum as the right 'vote' to shake up. As I said on a different thread I don't want to give the impression that there are millions, because I don't know but I am genuinely surprised at how many people that I have chatted to that voted Leave that cite that reason.

Whatever the drivers - that's it now.
                      Palace MUST rise again! Hmmm, gosh they already did. Never mind, leave it for next time!

Comment

Who cares they can't speak German or French - they will be replaced by Germans and French...

Comment

Who cares they can't speak German or French - they will be replaced by Germans and French...
                          Exactly.
                          © SOUTH LONDON PRODUCTIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ

Comment

The finance sector provides really quite a lot of the U.K.'s total tax contribution, in case you were not aware.

That means we can pay for many things, like hospital schools, regional funding (which we will not have from thenEU any more) and wot not.
                            The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
                              How the fk do you work that out?
                              I voted out , i am over retirement age, still work (self employed),
                              still have a mortgage and a pittance of a pension.
                              Last edited by Malaga Eagle; 25-06-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
                                Indeed I still work, have a pension, have a mortgage to pay, my wife works, my two young boys work. We all voted out.
                                London is lost. Cheers Khan. Go NOW
                                A Good Old Fashioned Palace Supporter since 1963
                                Delete Article 13
                                "WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
                                  You probably voted the wrong way then.
                                  Splitter.

Cricket wanker.

Comment

Still with the Brexiters in charge face with reduced tax income and growing debt I hope nobody complains about the cuts in benefits, social welfare and essential services.
                                    It's what big clubs no longer in administration, sometime, if not often managerless, in the Premiership and staying in the Premiership, do!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggineagle View Post
                                      Indeed I still work, have a pension, have a mortgage to pay, my wife works, my two young boys work. We all voted out.
                                      Then you might change your mind when you have no jobs and your house is repossessed

Comment

Originally posted by Adlerhorst View Post
                                        The finance sector provides really quite a lot of the U.K.'s total tax contribution, in case you were not aware.

That means we can pay for many things, like hospital schools, regional funding (which we will not have from thenEU any more) and wot not.
                                        and will be even more when you retire
                                        Five dollars...maybe I'll go to the movies...by myself

Comment

Then you might change your mind when you have no jobs and your house is repossessed
                                          lol You do make me laugh.
                                          London is lost. Cheers Khan. Go NOW
                                          A Good Old Fashioned Palace Supporter since 1963
                                          Delete Article 13
                                          "WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

sigpic

Comment