Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 11-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
Four Tet at Brixton Academy last night was awesome - they've put in a level floor so you people walk all the way from the back of the hall and onto the stage area (the DJ is right at the back, Kieran Hebden about 20 or 30 feet in front of that, performing in the round). Sound was excellent and properly loud (without being the sort of thing you need earplugs to avoid getting an instant migraine): an excellent warmup set from Anthony Naples too.

Don't know if he's playing (roughly) the same set each night, but those of you going tonight, tomorrow and Saturday are in for a treat.
Really? Is that permanent?

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 11-10-2018, 09:30 AM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
I doubt it - i'm guessing they put it down to get more people in and so people can dance properly . Must have cost a few bob just to put in for four nights, tickets were only £7 each, and no merchandise on sale either, so I'm guessing he must have only just about broken even on these shows.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
I doubt it - i'm guessing they put it down to get more people in and so people can dance properly . Must have cost a few bob just to put in for four nights, tickets were only £7 each, and no merchandise on sale either, so I'm guessing he must have only just about broken even on these shows.
Good on him if that's the case.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 13-10-2018, 01:03 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Not a gig, but an appearance on Jools Holland. How bad were what's left of The Bunnymen? Mac's voice, which was once a magnificent thing, is completely shot. Whereas The Lemon Twigs were everything one could want from a band. Marvellous.
Old 14-10-2018, 08:22 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Not a gig, but an appearance on Jools Holland. How bad were what's left of The Bunnymen? Mac's voice, which was once a magnificent thing, is completely shot. Whereas The Lemon Twigs were everything one could want from a band. Marvellous.
When Mac was on Marc Riley show last week his voice was shot due to flu, or so he said.
Old 15-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Glasvegas was nuts. Lost my shirt and my entire body is in bits.
Old 16-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
missed the beginning of the Horrors due to poor time-keeping, but they put on a good set.
Suede were amazing, Brett was in great form.

St Etienne in the British Library was a bit weird. The stage was on the first floor landing, and the vocals just got lost into massive 5 storey void above it. But it was still a good blast.

Next up, Editors next week.
Old 16-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Pills wont help you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
missed the beginning of the Horrors due to poor time-keeping, but they put on a good set.
Suede were amazing, Brett was in great form.

St Etienne in the British Library was a bit weird. The stage was on the first floor landing, and the vocals just got lost into massive 5 storey void above it. But it was still a good blast.

Next up, Editors next week.
Was there a strings section on the Suede stage?

Old 17-10-2018, 11:32 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
BJM look to be on form

I have the feeling that new week in brighton i will be missing the last train back to horsham and will have to cab it back from 3 bridges....

SaulAlinsky
Old 17-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
Was there a strings section on the Suede stage?
no, but they played a couple of songs that had strings in them.
on computer I guess
Old 18-10-2018, 09:51 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jeff Lynneís ELO at the O2 tonight. One hit after another. Really terrific.
Just realised itís 50 years since I first saw him with The Move!
Old 23-10-2018, 12:50 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Jeff Lynne’s ELO at the O2 tonight. One hit after another. Really terrific.
Just realised it’s 50 years since I first saw him with The Move!
I went Sunday after watching the game. Got a freebie. Never been in the dome for a gig before - lightshow was great, selfishly I wanted tracks from TIME as that was 'the one' I had on a tape when I was young - so I came home and listened to the album afterwards

Stadium rock. Meh. Nothing against those who did but I wouldn't have wanted to spend 100 quid on it - and 7 pound a pint??? And the bars shut not long after the band came on (might be a Sunday thing).

Still it took my mind off Palace.
Old 25-10-2018, 08:42 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
U2 at the O2 last night: excellent (as always), but I don't know why they felt the need to scrub ALL of the songs from The Joshua Tree from the setlist, it just seemed like something was missing to be honest.

Going to the O2 again, to see Robert Plant and Van Morrison tomorrow night.
Old 25-10-2018, 08:49 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Have to say I would be delighted if they scrubbed their total back catalogue from their set list

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013

Please if you can donate to this, give back some of the joy you have had watching the 'A Palace Minute' series from BUBBS11.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 25-10-2018, 09:12 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Brian Jonestown massacre - concorde 2 brighton.

The venue - its always far further away from then station then you remember plus train issues meant me arriving the band just having started.

in essence the gig contained moments of excellence but also those of hair pulling frustration. I can forgive a head unit going into meltdown but any momentum the band achieved was often quickly dissipated with interminable between song tunings and Anton Newcome publicly relating his personal roadie, as such as a "show' was pretty disappointing. If you took it in the spirit of seeing a band jam it was passable. All in all they seemed tired after a long tour and the finale with Mr Newcome doing some plodding drumming along to some feedback for ten mins was forgettable.

Oh yes and which feckwit at Southern/thameslink thought it funny not to have the last train to three bridges NOT connect with the last train to Horsham by a minute resulting in a cab back home.

SaulAlinsky
Old 25-10-2018, 09:38 AM

salad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Leisure Society at St Pancras Church were excellent last night
Old 25-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Cash View Post

Going to the O2 again, to see Robert Plant and Van Morrison tomorrow night.
Me too.
Hope it's a good one.
Old 25-10-2018, 10:58 AM
Eep! Woot!

three gigs I want to go to go on sale at 10am tomorrow, so I'm going to have busy fingers.

Slowdive Brighton December
Vaccines Brighton January
Bob Mould London March (on my birthday!)
Old 25-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Pills wont help you now

Just bought tickets for Tangerine Dream at the Barbican Centre next March

Old 25-10-2018, 12:20 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've got a couple coming up in the not too distant:

Serpentwithfeet next week, Polica in early November and probably both Dessa and Evidence in November too. Also definitely hitting up Four Fists in January.