Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-10-2018, 12:03 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Shapiro on transgenderism...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I've met transgender people. I've spoken with them about their decision to change.

In one case, prior to meeting him, I had no idea he'd been a woman before and I had clear ideas about gender and the use of him/her/he/she etc.

I spoke to him about it. His parents supported his change. They said he always behaved like their other son, rather than like a woman. This idea that it's a delusion or a mental illness is a very easy way to undermine or denigrate what is ultimately an incredible process to go through for people who are transgender. Why would people willingly differentiate themselves from the societal norms in such a way, if it wasn't for a very good reason?

So yeah, Shapiro isn't wrong about his use of a gender pronoun. He's not wrong to call someone a 'he' when they used to be a 'she' -- in biological terms, he's absolutely right. But the context is that for people who go through this process, who go through a process of alienation (which in many cases it is) they have to fight societal perception but also their own insecurities to be called a man.

It's not just about political correctness but about some kind of basic level of decency, isn't it? Why when it only affects a tiny percentage of the population is it such a defining issue?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:04 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
You love him, great good for you. I think the blokes a twat, no matter his intelligence.
Obviously you're just an anti-Semite.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 11-10-2018, 12:08 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
"“When someone calls you a racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe because you happen to disagree with them about tax policy or same-sex marriage or abortion, that’s bullying. When someone slanders you because you happen to disagree with them about global warming or the government shutdown, that’s bullying. When someone labels you a bad human being because they disagree with you, they are bullying you. They are attacking your character without justification. That’s nasty. In fact, it makes them nasty.” "

What a cry baby
Old 11-10-2018, 12:22 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
"“Unless you are willing to force people using the law to go to medical school, you cannot have a successful universal healthcare system."

Old 11-10-2018, 12:24 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
He’s a massive bellend and he uses his “intelligence” to entice in stupid people who thinks that anyone on the right that can speak properly must be ok. He’s a very clever man and uses that to manipulate people who aren’t.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 11-10-2018, 12:25 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Ben Shapiro.

Saying that, this is a thread started by Coastal Palace, so I fully expect it to be a wind up that I’ve just fallen for. Shit.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 11-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
"“When someone calls you a racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe because you happen to disagree with them about tax policy or same-sex marriage or abortion, that’s bullying. When someone slanders you because you happen to disagree with them about global warming or the government shutdown, that’s bullying. When someone labels you a bad human being because they disagree with you, they are bullying you. They are attacking your character without justification. That’s nasty. In fact, it makes them nasty.” "

What a cry baby
Shapiro makes the assumption that people even know what they're talking about in the first place. Being able to blurt out misinformed bullshit and straight up lies doesn't make someone immune to being labelled what they are without having to pretend to give due merit.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Saying that, this is a thread started by Coastal Palace, so I fully expect it to be a wind up that I’ve just fallen for. Shit.
Indeed
Old 11-10-2018, 12:33 PM

"Civilizations seek to preserve themselves in the face of threats. British civilization is now seeking to preserve itself in the face of suicidal international leftism."

Old 11-10-2018, 12:39 PM

"I don't care much about Brexit. But differential focus on motivation among killers is telling." 16th June 2016. The day Jo Cox was murdered
Old 11-10-2018, 12:39 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post

What a cry baby
Of course when you believe that citizens deserve only some rights that others have, that does tend to mean you're a bigot. Sure, you might not believe in gay marriage, but fundermentally that's a bigoted position - by default, it doesn't matter how you justify it to yourself, you're supporting a position in which enforces inequality by default of position of a majority.

That's not actually bullying.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:40 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's not a wind up. I genuinely like most of his views.
You don't like his views so it's automatically a wind up.
Well done you.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
Indeed
Does Kip ever post about CPFC?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Hadron Collider

No view about Ben from me ... Not watched his Video's for more than a few seconds .... But he makes me want to punch him within them few moments .... Not sure why.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
He’s a massive bellend and he uses his “intelligence” to entice in stupid people who thinks that anyone on the right that can speak properly must be ok. He’s a very clever man and uses that to manipulate people who aren’t.
Because his views conflict with yours then people that agree with him are stupid?
And they said democracy was dead.

*edit

Actually, you're like the woman panellist on the left...

...throws her arms up (0:45 in) because she has no argument.

Last edited by Coastal Palace; 11-10-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
That doesn't really fit the 80 year theory, though, does it?

Did you not like the 60s and 70s?
Sorry - was referring to a cycle, rather than a specific time gap.

I have wonderful memories of the (late) 60s and the 70s - but as a carefree child, not concerned about the economy. And trips to Selhurst Park were an exciting adventure, rather than filled with foreboding ...
Old 11-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Does Kip ever post about CPFC?
No, there's only so many ways I can opine that I think Hennessey is a shit keeper.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
No, there's only so many ways I can opine that I think Hennessey is a shit keeper.
Link me to your arguments about that on the BBS please?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:55 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Of course when you believe that citizens deserve only some rights that others have, that does tend to mean you're a bigot. Sure, you might not believe in gay marriage, but fundermentally that's a bigoted position - by default, it doesn't matter how you justify it to yourself, you're supporting a position in which enforces inequality by default of position of a majority.

That's not actually bullying.
Yep... but that makes him right-wing... not a extremist (as some call him). I don't agree with the majority of his views... but I've not heard anything that deserves the "no platforming" protests in the states.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Link me to your arguments about that on the BBS please?
Now's your chance to learn how to use the search function on the BBS.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign