Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Earlier posters said they were told 400 on the phone will be removed from Block E.

I am guessing HF will have 100-200 and the rest will be open, how they do it I don't know as there will be big demand.

But Parish carefully hinted in FYP he wants it grow so I expect this is phase 1 with year on year people being moved.
It with the number this year, with the section growing forwards year on year (I expect)
Old 11-10-2018, 12:11 PM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Eagle View Post
when I was called I asked about joining the singing section but was told that they didn't know how the seats for that will be allocated yet, do they know what they are doing
Itís just being dressed up as that, itís clear from those getting calls itís all about Parish little boys in black getting better seats, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:14 PM

NorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just had a message from the club and itís the back 16 rows of block E, 50% off ST for next year and 1500 loyalty points.

I don't really need more loyalty points as I'm already in the top bracket and 50% off a seat that won't be near the singing section isn't exactly what I was looking for. I guess I'm just one of the few hundred that are going to have to take one for the HF. Disappointed that the club haven't made any effort to create an inclusive singing section.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:16 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If the club had any sense, for the first year of this singing section, if anyone wants to join and be part of it, they have to already have a ST in the LH.

That will at least then allow those being moved to get seats still in the LH.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
I would love to be a fly on the wall when Parish is negotiating playersí contracts.
Agrees to give the player the number 10 shirt them writes to the current owner to let them know its not theirs anymore.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:23 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I was hoping the deal to fans didn't include Parish points as major games where you need points suddenly will see us dropping right down the pecking order.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 11-10-2018, 12:25 PM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
could have been something really positive & brought the fan base together.

but this is a PR disaster and will drive a even bigger wedge through the LH.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Block E, for now anyway

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I was hoping the deal to fans didn't include Parish points as major games where you need points suddenly will see us dropping right down the pecking order.
So it's alright to remove loyal supporters from their seats so long as they don't give them Parish points to drop you down the pecking order?
I thought we were being selfish not wanting to give up our seats?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:29 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Bad for fans who could miss away game because of it but it's a sweetener that don't cost club any money those who thought sp would be throwing massive actual cash were dreaming
Old 11-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apparently, you can't use the word 'displaced' on this thread. It insults the Palestinans.

Some people are just plain tw*ttish.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:41 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterr259 View Post
So it's alright to remove loyal supporters from their seats so long as they don't give them Parish points to drop you down the pecking order?
I thought we were being selfish not wanting to give up our seats?
I've not condemned the Parish points offer have I? I was merely stating it is a good offer and one that equally puts other fans in a worse position so it isn't all one sided.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 11-10-2018, 12:42 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maybe the HF will respond to Parish that this (essentially) seat grab is not what they wanted so forget it and they’ll go back to block b.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:50 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
Itís just being dressed up as that, itís clear from those getting calls itís all about Parish little boys in black getting better seats, nothing more, nothing less.
How did 200 Hol Flouncers get all that block for the FA cup final. ?

Don't tell me it was all ST people with history. This was nothing more than the Hol Flouncers bringing their family and mates,...at the expense of other supporters.

Don't get me wrong. Visually and vocally it was fantastic.

Shedding your most loyal fans is not a good long-term business strategy to me.
But I'm not a millionaire like our owners, so I guess what they say goes.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:54 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
Maybe the HF will respond to Parish that this (essentially) seat grab is not what they wanted so forget it and theyíll go back to block b.
^^^ hopefully, but I wouldn't pin too much on that.

The other issue is possible crowd trouble. there are plenty of big units outside of the HF, that won't be picked-on to move seats like the women and children they regularly displace.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:56 PM

selhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Parish has made another terrible decision here and I donít sit in block E.He has set a terrible precedent and will find himself in a similar position when the ďfanaticsĒ donít get their own way in the future and they have another hissy fit/strike.

In Italy many clubs are at the mercy of the ultras and the ultras do what they want. This has translated here as rushing the Amex gates, kicking fans out of their seats, fighting our own fans, coin throwing etc.

The HF were based in block B because that was where the singing and standing section was. When the away fans were moved they claimed a corner of noise would be created. Now they demand the best seats in the Holmesdale despite the fact that ultras are generally at the front of the stand in most other countries....

Go to a German game and you will see he HF For what they are.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Some quotes from Steve lifted from the FYP podcast that haven't listened yet.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-10-2018, 01:08 PM
53 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
Most fans want a chance for the singers to gather and try to create a special atmosphere in the Lower Holmesdale.
Which is exactly what we had last season.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:14 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
Apparently, you can't use the word 'displaced' on this thread. It insults the Palestinans.

Some people are just plain tw*ttish.
Palacetinians surely?

Agree on point 2. Usually mods with short dick syndrome.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.

Its 'man city' not 'city'. You arent from manchester.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:19 PM

teesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just listened to SP on the FYP podcast. Three points he made that stuck out:

1. The larger the singing section, the greater the disruption. There is a logic to this if the singing section is created simply by moving people out and moving others in (the hf plus some as yet undetermined 'singers'. But by resetting the whole stand there would be less disruption (I'm defining this as net negative impact) even if more people move seats, as well as a far greater impact on the size and ferocity of the vocal section. Surely SP must understand this? He is either 'fudging it' (despite saying 'there's no point fudging it') because it involves to much admin work or:

2. He believes that opening the vocal section up so that anyone can apply will mean that many will apply just to get better seats and there is no guarantee they will sing. This maybe true and obviously we aren't going to hold singing competitions. However it surely wouldn't be any worse than the situation they are about to create by plonking singer/standers into an area where most sit? The many possible benefits of resetting the stand have been discussed at length on here, however it seems that SP doesn't trust people to make a seating decision based on actually wanting to be in the vocal area or not, and that people will just try and grab the better seats. Will people that like to sit/have to sit/don't want to sing/dislike the drum/bouncing up and down of the hf really opt to sit in that section just because of a better view?

3. He says this will solve the issues of standing and sitting. How exactly. A full reset may help. This may just make things worse.

Last edited by teesdale99; 11-10-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:24 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Issue of standing and sitting will be resolved once law is changed to allow standing, after which whole of Lower Tier will be standing.