Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle View Post
Won my club's monthly medal last Saturday after backing into 3 pars in the last 5 for a net 72, and realised afterwards it meant I qualified for the regional finals of the Lombard trophy at Walton Heath in July.

Anyone have any tips for playing round there? As a 20 hcp, it looks like it's going to be tough going, especially off the Champ tees!
Try not to go in 5 bunkers through 9 holes

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 26-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I’ve played it and in all honesty, I didn’t find it *that* difficult. I ended up playing 9 holes on the New course and stayed to my 18 handicap. It is a genuinely fantastic course in brilliant surroundings.
Old 26-04-2018, 03:44 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Try not to go in 5 bunkers through 9 holes
Just trying to give you a chance, mate
Old 03-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Just having a bacon sarnie at scotch corner on my way to Turnberry for my first round up there this year. Should be interesting as it’s only my second round of the year ...
Old 10-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mickelsons shirt today

no
Old 10-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I think it’s great. It looks like he was working at the office and is sneaking in some twilight golf before he gets home Nothing will bear Justin Thomas at last year’s Open though

EDIT: I tried to find a pic of Justin Thomas in the tie and cardigan on my phone, but all the photos were massive. Annoying.

Last edited by cpfc4evandeva; 10-05-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:55 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Mickelsons shirt today

no

Looks like a work shirt
Old 11-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
he is wearing it again ffs
Old 11-05-2018, 04:39 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
He's getting paid vast amounts of money to wear it. Doesn't he always wear a KPMG cap?
Old 11-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Yep. More than likely he’ll be getting paid more for these 2 days in sponsorship than what we get in a year
Old 12-05-2018, 08:23 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle View Post
Won my club's monthly medal last Saturday after backing into 3 pars in the last 5 for a net 72, and realised afterwards it meant I qualified for the regional finals of the Lombard trophy at Walton Heath in July.

Anyone have any tips for playing round there? As a 20 hcp, it looks like it's going to be tough going, especially off the Champ tees!
Could have been and probably should have been joining you there. Was 2 shots off winning our “Lombard trophy” medal. Cracking golf course, don’t worry about it and just enjoy it.

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 15-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Not quite what you think

Aunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We still have spaces for the Crystal Palace Supporters Children's Charity Golf Day at Woldingham on Friday 8th June, first tee 12.36. Dinner with presentations and some fun in the evening. We have a few players past and present hoping to join us.
Either enter as a team of four or as individuals. Some people on this forum are already booked in. We just need more.
All money raised goes towards the Christmas Party held at SP for c120 deserving kids plus we rent an Executive Box for all homes games so that some children get to see a game in safety.
Old 21-05-2018, 06:28 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I’m heading there with my Uncle this year (also a Palace fan), happy to join up with any of you guys to make up a team.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 25-05-2018, 05:11 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Are electric trolleys 1) Worth the cost? 2) Worth the potential ridicule?
Old 25-05-2018, 05:39 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Are electric trolleys 1) Worth the cost? 2) Worth the potential ridicule?
You won’t get any ridicule mate. Hardly see anyone without one nowadays

I’ve got one but just prefer to carry (although it does bugger your shirts etc)
Old 25-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
I have a motocaddy push trolley. Far cheaper than the electric one, but still much kinder on your back and shoulders than carrying.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 25-05-2018, 09:29 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I have a motocaddy push trolley. Far cheaper than the electric one, but still much kinder on your back and shoulders than carrying.
I find carrying easier than a trolley. I bought a motocaddy about 8 years ago but only used from last year - why did i wait so long - makes the round a lot easier, and more of a plaesure tbh. i must be getting old.
Old 25-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Heshlo Kitty

American Golf have 10% off electric trolleys, plus a further £50 off Motocaddy when you send off your old one off to them (I'll grab one cheap off ebay, probably saving another £40), and I have a £100 voucher that I won from a society last year...

I'm very tempted.
Old 25-05-2018, 05:47 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I have a Go Kart electric trolley and a Motocaddy push, either do the job nicely although prefer the Go Kart on more hilly courses.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 26-05-2018, 07:31 AM
Not quite what you think

Aunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We still have spaces for the Crystal Palace Supporters Children's Charity Golf Day at Woldingham on Friday 8th June, first tee 12.36. There is a Dinner with presentations and some fun in the evening. We have a few players past and present hoping to join us. Neil Shipperley has confirmed that he is playing.
Either enter as a team of four or as individuals. Some people on this forum are already booked in. Swanny is a 2 ball at the moment, anyone want to join him?
All money raised goes towards the Christmas Party held at SP for c120 deserving kids plus we rent an Executive Box for all homes games so that some children get to see a game in safety.