Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 23-07-2018, 08:42 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
great Tournament and well done Francesco.
Ryder Cup is going to be a corker
Old 24-07-2018, 09:15 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Just seen that the US PGA will not be on standard TV this year - Uk & Ireland rights have gone to Eleven Sports to stream to tablets and also on the web. Will be FTA this year. US PGA reckon this will get a younger audience....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 24-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
West Hill tomorrow and then 2 rounds at Swinley on Thursday. Just the 32 degrees forecast. 3 course lunch in between rounds.
Old 24-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Played at Silvermere today in a golf day fund raising for Walton Casuals FC.

Tony Gale is their chairman and he hosted it... surprisingly as an ex footballer he was funny, warm and a really genuine bloke. Sat next to Tony Cottee for dinner and Gale ripped into him all evening. A lovely day out.

As far as the golf is concerned, I didn’t win. Smashed a few drives 260 plus though and enjoyed watching them bounce four times down the fairway until an iffy bounce into the shit.
Old 26-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Well that’s the hottest I have ever played golf in today. 35 degrees at Swinley Forest. 2 rounds and jacket required for lunch

What a fantastic place though. In my top 3 courses
Old 26-07-2018, 10:39 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Any more than 18 holes is a chore these days.

And **** putting a jacket on in between.
Old 26-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Any more than 18 holes is a chore these days.

And **** putting a jacket on in between.
Would agree normally but Swinley is so good itís worth making an exception for and itís greensomes in the afternoon. As is the 4 course lunch you get so putting a jacket on is also worth the faffing around (restaurant is air conditioned as well)

West Hill was also very good
Old 26-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Got any nuts?

Not for me Workie.

18 holes. Two or three pints. Handsome.

Did you walk both rounds?
Old 27-07-2018, 06:23 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Not for me Workie.

18 holes. Two or three pints. Handsome.

Did you walk both rounds?
Walked and carried at West Hill but fortunately the guy that invited me to Swinley had a buggy ordered. Made a huge difference in that heat but I was still bollocksed. The other 2 in our group walked and looked half dead at the end
Old 27-07-2018, 06:27 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Castle Stuart yesterday (27 holes), Skibo today
Old 27-07-2018, 06:29 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Castle Stuart yesterday (27 holes), Skibo today
What was CS like ? On my list for next year with Royal Dornoch
Old 27-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Walked and carried at West Hill but fortunately the guy that invited me to Swinley had a buggy ordered. Made a huge difference in that heat but I was still bollocksed. The other 2 in our group walked and looked half dead at the end
I don’t mind walking at all, even in this weather, but carrying... I played 7 holes the other evening (missed the first two as I was late, courtesy of work) and was carrying, and I felt knackered after about 2 holes.

I really think carrying is bad idea. I used to see it as a fitness thing, but I think over time it just ****s up your back and shoulders.
Old 27-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I donít mind walking at all, even in this weather, but carrying... I played 7 holes the other evening (missed the first two as I was late, courtesy of work) and was carrying, and I felt knackered after about 2 holes.

I really think carrying is bad idea. I used to see it as a fitness thing, but I think over time it just ****s up your back and shoulders.
Yes I wouldnít disagree. Iíve got a powakaddy but it needs a good service as itís not working. I donít play regularly so am happy to carry but would have struggled yesterday !

I love carrying in Scotland. Just feels right somehow
Old 27-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I too carried in Scotland recently, but this was before the heatwave. High teens and windy, so wasn’t too taxing to carry.
Old 27-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Got any nuts?

I NEVER play well when in a buggy. It just seems to upset my rhythm and concentration.

Somewhere to put the beers though.
Old 27-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
I NEVER play well when in a buggy. It just seems to upset my rhythm and concentration.

I would never hire one myself. I enjoy the walking (when itís not 35 degrees) and it gives me time to think about the next shot.
Old 27-07-2018, 09:51 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Sneaky round at Surrey National this pm. Lots of rain halfway through. It's fair to say it was a round of two halves (of conditions)
Old 28-07-2018, 03:37 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Chuck your clubs ( and beers ) in the buggy and walk.
Old 28-07-2018, 05:53 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Sneaky round at Surrey National this pm. Lots of rain halfway through. It's fair to say it was a round of two halves (of conditions)
I read somewhere that it was going to close in the not too distant future to make way for houses. Is that still happening?
Old 28-07-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I read somewhere that it was going to close in the not too distant future to make way for houses. Is that still happening?
nope. It was never a goer. Landowner tried it on but it was chucked out due to being on the green belt, total lack of infrastructure, massive flooding risk etc