Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 18-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I’m playing Luton Hoo in early September on the Challenge Tour pro-am. Anyone ever played there and has anyone ever played in a pro-am?
Old 18-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I’m playing Luton Hoo in early September on the Challenge Tour pro-am. Anyone ever played there and has anyone ever played in a pro-am?
Stayed there, not played. Lovely setting
Old 18-08-2018, 08:24 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
I’ve been struggling a lot with my driver recently, hooking quite badly. Watched a video on set up (always been poor at that) and last three rounds have been setting the club face first then legs. Seems to have made a big difference, especially off the tee but generally too. Much more consistent lately, last three rounds more like a 12 handicapper.

Amazing the difference such a small thing can make. If I could putt better I would probably be playing close to single figures recently.

Last edited by davemorris04; 18-08-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Old 23-08-2018, 07:03 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Woods vs Mickleson. Las Vegas. 9 million dollars. Winner takes all.
Old 23-08-2018, 07:18 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Do you know what format it will take, i.e. holes or net score?

Edit: I guess it has to be net score to allow it to go 18 holes. Didn't they used to do this sort of thing 20 years ago?
Old 23-08-2018, 07:46 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Great place to stay, featureless muddy average golf course IMHO
Old 24-08-2018, 05:40 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Great place to stay, featureless muddy average golf course IMHO
You have to bear in mind a normal knock for AJ is on one of the top 50 courses in the world. Most courses are going to be a dog track in comparison.
Old 26-08-2018, 10:03 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Pay-per-view apparently. What a load of wank
Old 27-08-2018, 04:17 AM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Pay-per-view apparently. What a load of wank
Excellent. If they are all square after 18 the match will be decided by 3 rounds of cage fighting.
Old 27-08-2018, 06:46 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
You have to bear in mind a normal knock for AJ is on one of the top 50 courses in the world. Most courses are going to be a dog track in comparison.

In fairness, most other reviews seem to agree with him though. The no bunkers thing makes it look like a really boring track. But if my team win the pro-am against the other 9 that qualified how I did (Bridgestone event), then we play at the British Masters pro-am. As a result, a easy track sounds like good news to me!

I’ve been playing well recently and am now down to 11. I think I’ve left it too late to get down to single figures this year, but I could get down to 10 I reckon. It’s crazy how much your score is defined by your chipping and putting.
Old 27-08-2018, 08:08 PM

exiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The badge in the membership gift pack makes a great ball marker....
Old 28-08-2018, 03:00 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How good does the new US Amateur Champ look!? Viktor Hovland, the kind of swing that will probably mean he has a very short career*.

*based on about 3 drives I've seen
Old 28-08-2018, 07:36 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
I just looked at his swing and aside a pause at the top he does EXACTLY all of the things I see on any other tour player, including Bryson DC. That move at the top, I think, is to help him load his turn fully, then starting the downswing he squats to create more clubhead lag and shallow the swing plane, rotates to clear hips first and unload into the ball, uses the ground to drive up too. Powerful swing.
Old 28-08-2018, 07:37 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Excellent. If they are all square after 18 the match will be decided by 3 rounds of cage fighting.
Interesting matchup what with Mickelson being a southpaw
Old 28-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Played a few - couple of things to think about - don't know if you are taking your own pro with you so to speak (ie the one from your home course that you talk to all the time) or if you are being allocated one, as it is part of the Challenge Tour I guess you will be getting an allocated one as they will be tour players? I've found different pro's have different styles - some chat and offer little bits of advice, others keep their head down and just focus on their own game and winning. I guess this may be a little different as its a precursor to the main comp so there will be some practice round mentality going on as well.

Don't get spooked on the first tee when the announce you and your club to the gallery - its quite daunting the first time!

Likely you'll be playing from some back tees - so its going to be tough - and the greens will be set up quick as well.

Great fun though - and just watching the pros that close (even at Challenge Tour level) is something quite special

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 28-08-2018, 09:12 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yeah it was his power which grabbed my attention, be very interesting to see how he fares at Augusta, presumably he’ll turn pro straight after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I just looked at his swing and aside a pause at the top he does EXACTLY all of the things I see on any other tour player, including Bryson DC. That move at the top, I think, is to help him load his turn fully, then starting the downswing he squats to create more clubhead lag and shallow the swing plane, rotates to clear hips first and unload into the ball, uses the ground to drive up too. Powerful swing.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Played a few - couple of things to think about - don't know if you are taking your own pro with you so to speak (ie the one from your home course that you talk to all the time) or if you are being allocated one, as it is part of the Challenge Tour I guess you will be getting an allocated one as they will be tour players? I've found different pro's have different styles - some chat and offer little bits of advice, others keep their head down and just focus on their own game and winning. I guess this may be a little different as its a precursor to the main comp so there will be some practice round mentality going on as well.

Don't get spooked on the first tee when the announce you and your club to the gallery - its quite daunting the first time!

Likely you'll be playing from some back tees - so its going to be tough - and the greens will be set up quick as well.

Great fun though - and just watching the pros that close (even at Challenge Tour level) is something quite special
We’ll be allocated a pro from the field. As long as they’re pleasant, I don’t really care if they chat much as long as they play well Apparently some pros take the round seriously, but others use it very much as practice and don’t care about their score. Hopefully we’ll get someone who is trying to score well, as I’m sure without the pro playing well we won’t win.

I wouldn’t mind playing off the back tees but my understanding is that the pro will play off the back and we’ll more likely be off more forward tees? I believe we’re being paired up with at least one lady, so I can’t imagine they’ll be at the back?

I’m just looking forward to it, but I do want to win
Old 28-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
We’ll be allocated a pro from the field. As long as they’re pleasant, I don’t really care if they chat much as long as they play well Apparently some pros take the round seriously, but others use it very much as practice and don’t care about their score. Hopefully we’ll get someone who is trying to score well, as I’m sure without the pro playing well we won’t win.

I wouldn’t mind playing off the back tees but my understanding is that the pro will play off the back and we’ll more likely be off more forward tees? I believe we’re being paired up with at least one lady, so I can’t imagine they’ll be at the back?

I’m just looking forward to it, but I do want to win
When I have played (albeit more serious comps for the Pros - ie County PGA Pro Ams with the Pros competing for regional order of merits and cash) we all played off the same tees (and would expect the ladies to play off their regular tees as well). The courses were composite with some tees at the very back and some using forward tees to give them a bit of risk or reward. Given that this is a pre tournament pro am it might be slightly different with the amateurs off forward tees. Looking at their card the pros would be off the blues at over 7000, not sure on you guys?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 28-08-2018, 04:14 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Interesting matchup what with Mickelson being a southpaw
Mickleson is right handed in everything else he does.
Old 29-08-2018, 12:56 PM

What a weirdo, being one handed and playing golf the opposite way