Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:29 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fantastic pod. Wish our team had characters like Gray today!
Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Loughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not normally enthusiatic about the pod when guests are on, but that was great. Thanks
Old 07-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
A really good time and move by FYP to have Andy Gray on this week, when really we are all down and dont really want to hear how we lost 4-0 at Man U or how we are preparing for Chelsea. We got to hear about Gray's opinion on the matter, his career and how the game is very different to when he was playing in terms of treatment of players, who doesnt love a good anecdote aswell....

Top podcast, would be great to have him back on.

I didnt agree with his last point about Hodgson going in January, just seemed based on him feeling that Hodgson wouldnt gamble Dann upfront or play Ladapo over Sako up top, didnt really see a point to the claim. I did totally agree with him saying we should play it simple and to our strenghts rather try to ape the top clubs with 3 at the back passing it around.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Neil the fish’s voice really reminds me of someone and it’s bugging me big time
Old 09-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Psychokiller's?
Old 09-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Great pod, enjoyed that. One question....which podder is breathing like Darth Vader at the beginning?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:

I was thinking that when I heard him ... It's something to do with the way he pronounces his "s".

Dexter Fletcher ?
Old 10-10-2017, 05:14 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
He sounds a bit like Hol Radio's Nick Gusset.

I listened to the pod again because Andy Gray is just so damn entertaining. He's hilarious. You're right art; he's like some kind of mystic guru. Think it's easy to dismiss him but a lot of what he says actually makes sense. He talks in the same way he used to play; in a laid back but yet aggressive, militant style. Love the guy - could listen to him all day.

No wonder that side achieved what they did from such humble beginnings; the dressing room was full of real strong willed characters: him, Wright, Bright, Thomas, Thorn...must've been difficult for Coppell to keep them in check at times but he seemed to do so and have their respect.

That thread that popped up at the beginning of last year pondering whether our side now was better than the class of 91, is even more laughable now than it was then.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 10-10-2017, 05:38 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
That thread that popped up at the beginning of last year pondering whether our side now was better than the class of 91, is even more laughable now than it was then.
Absolutely. BBS twats talking about nutrition and todays fitness levels.

Yes, todays team fully fit would run rings around the 1991 team. BUT they arent better footballers. They cant seem to pass a football or create an opening with a killer pass or even deliver a corner or cross - even though they are paid a staggering amount more by comparison. Benteke cant distribute, create for himself, produce a bit of magic from nowhere or score from outside the box. He also cant defend if needed. And he is not even the best head scorer of our history. He wont make the best six forwards list in our history. Yet, he is earning as much in a week than our 10 best forwards combined salaries - add it up Murray, AJ, Freedman, Morrison, Wright, Bright, Armstrong, Simpson, Byrne + 1. The others probably took more home in goal bonuses though.

I feel this is the greatest myth of the current day Premier. Only 4 or 5 players currently at the top teams are as good as the very best of the 1990s. Panelists can wax lyrical over Aguero, Conte, Kante etc, but they dont hold a candle to Wright, Bergkamp, Henry, Shearer, Cantona (spit), Scholes, Ronaldo, Beckham and others. They are just paid more. And just like back then the best players in the World are/were not in the Premier. This will be another year that a Premier League player will not win either the World or UEFA player of the year. Who was the last - Keegan and I think he was playing for Hamburg at the time.

You have to make these things relevant to time periods. Would Laver beat Federer, would Jack Nicklaus win so many majors. Laver is as talented as Federer, but would his fitness survive the circuit.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:58 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I found this 20 year old interview with Gray where he talks about Gabbiadini:

"I hated him," Gray says. "We sell Ian for pounds 2.5m to Arsenal and we buy this overweight guy from Sunderland."

Gabbiadini had a bad time at Palace. The fans dubbed him "Gabbia-donkey", he failed to score regularly and, worst of all, he spent most of his free time with his widgets.

"That's all I used to hear when we were getting changed," Gray says. "He used to talk widget beer, widgets in cans, and I just had the hump with it. I thought: `I've slogged my guts out for this club and we pay this money for this guy and he's talking about some widget in a can'."

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 18-10-2017, 11:13 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
There’s a new pod. Not sure why it’s not been flagged up on here, as it normally is?
Old 19-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Looking back the last time they annouced a podcast on here was the 'Extra' after the Man U game, I hope they havent got upset by afew posts criticising Kevin Day. Most people have praise for the podcast everyweek but there did seem to be some anti-BBS emerging.

Alot of people I imagine find out it's live from here (including me)
Old 19-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

"I hated him," Gray says. "We sell Ian for pounds 2.5m to Arsenal and we buy this overweight guy from Sunderland."

Gabbiadini had a bad time at Palace. The fans dubbed him "Gabbia-donkey", he failed to score regularly and, worst of all, he spent most of his free time with his widgets.

"That's all I used to hear when we were getting changed," Gray says. "He used to talk widget beer, widgets in cans, and I just had the hump with it. I thought: `I've slogged my guts out for this club and we pay this money for this guy and he's talking about some widget in a can'."
Clearly was not a fan of Gabbiadini, or widgets for that matter.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 19-10-2017, 10:17 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I wouldn't betting that they couldn't be bothered with the hassle from people on here.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 19-10-2017, 10:18 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle View Post
Clearly was not a fan of Gabbiadini, or widgets for that matter.
Nor Gary Megson!
Need more of him giving comment, says it how he sees it. Refreshing.
Old 19-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:

He repeated that in the pod didn't he? TBH it didn't make a lot of sense as an explanation for disliking/hating someone. I.e. - Because he was rattling about widgets in his beer cans? Errrrrm. Enjoyed listening to him but not sure he would make a good pundit.

Marco was always screwed following Wrighty.
Old 19-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I wouldn't betting that they couldn't be bothered with the hassle from people on here.
It would be like a comedian getting upset by hecklers, best to ignore them and appeal to the people who are listening.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:14 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post

Akin to CPFC2010 running off with the ball when the game wasnt going their way?

Last edited by PeterH; 20-10-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
There’s a new pod. Not sure why it’s not been flagged up on here, as it normally is?

They should post it on here. Cant get upset with the BBS because of a few posters. The BBS has been a good place to advertise the Cast since its inception.