Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-09-2017, 07:06 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
"Always look on the .... etc". Must be horrible being a moaning remainer.

You are the f*cking idiot's f*cking idiot.
Old 13-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Very harsh on the f*cking idiots.
Old 13-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
lol. If I may say so, you are a strange person, and are getting stranger by the day on here.

ROLL ON DEATH !!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 13-09-2017, 07:20 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
There have been some big crops in Kent this year. No doubt lots of stuff will never get eaten even if you reduce prices. We need a system to use the cherries, plums and apples that rot in the fields and ensure they get to those in need.
If they sold cherries at a sensible price to start with then it would be less of a problem.

LFC fansite
Old 13-09-2017, 07:23 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
If they sold cherries at a sensible price to start with then it would be less of a problem.
Jam tomorrow?
Old 13-09-2017, 07:24 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Very harsh on the f*cking idiots.
I know, but I just crave the Bigot's neg rep. It's like a drug. Like Roy, I'm an addict.....
Old 13-09-2017, 07:26 PM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I know, but I just crave the Bigot's neg rep. It's like a drug. Like Roy, I'm an addict.....
lol sad to see.

ROLL ON DEATH !!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 13-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
Mik,

You know how things are. Public discourse is rare unless an indication had been given. Anything else would be an horrific Suez type gamble.
Ah, the halcyon days of Suez and that buffoon Eden. Of course, the Germans were to blame (partly) but that's another story...
Old 13-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
If only.

He can only aspire to that.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Scrambled Egg

Son of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fearSon of Selhurst is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Now Eurocop is retiring, France (and I'm pretty certain Germany) propose a single president and finance minister for "Europe". I fear for the rest
Old 13-09-2017, 09:06 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Selhurst View Post
Now Eurocop is retiring, France (and I'm pretty certain Germany) propose a single president and finance minister for "Europe". I fear for the rest
I'm not sure France or Germany are that keen.
With the UK out of the picture, they are looking to re-establish their dual dominance, surely?
I wonder if Tusk was consulted before Junker shouted his mouth off? His is the other job that will disappear under the mad drunk's plans.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:34 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Selhurst View Post
How awful. 50 odd states that had separate currencies, languages and culture getting together to form 1 huge nation working together to be the most powerful and richest nation on the planet.

Oh Europe? How awful. 27 nations getting together that had seperate currencies, languages and culture getting together to form 1 huge nation working together to be the second (possibly first) richest nation on the planet. Working together does not work!

The brexit God has spoken and we are free to feed from the scraps of these great nations producing our world renowned jam and sell arms to despots.

Freedom!!

Amen
Old 13-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm not sure France or Germany are that keen.
With the UK out of the picture, they are looking to re-establish their dual dominance, surely?
I wonder if Tusk was consulted before Junker shouted his mouth off? His is the other job that will disappear under the mad drunk's plans.
Neither France or Germany are keen but they'll make diplomatic noise while Juncker plays out his sentence.

Tusk was not consulted face to face but you know how secretariats talk to other secretariats, he'll have heard.

The weird thing is Juncker's aides reckon it'll be possible without Treaty change, so let me tell you a story about walking up to the Berlaymont one day and a Commission guy telling me a sure thing about a EU wide social insurance scheme... (it was 5 years ago by the way)
Old 13-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Wagon Painter

Are we not talking about the hilarious Google translate German language spoof by The S**? Waiting for news that it was Armando Iannucci all along.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:42 PM
Wagon Painter

Old 13-09-2017, 10:06 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Do we think there is a correlation between those people who back Parish and those that oppose him and those that are remainers and those that are Brexiteers
Angry men who need someone to blame?
Old 13-09-2017, 11:51 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Angry old men who need someone to blame
Old 14-09-2017, 08:23 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Old 14-09-2017, 08:32 AM

No doubt the Brexshit theologians will deny the evidence as blasphemy but here we go...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Fact Check: does immigration have an impact on wages or*employment?
September 13, 2017

The effect of immigration on wages and employment has been the subject of numerous studies, both in the UK and internationally. Research for the UK points to no convincingly large negative effects of immigration on average wages of British-born workers. This is largely in line with the predominant (though not uncontroversial) finding of studies done in other countries.

Overall the Migration Advisory Committee itself concluded: “Evidence to date suggests little effect on employment and unemployment of UK-born workers, but that wages for the low paid may be lowered as a result of migration, although again this effect is modest.”

Some may feel it is obvious that the expansion of labour supply that follows from immigration must harm competing workers. But this ignores the many ways in which immigration can also lead to expanded labour demand – through immigrants’ spending on goods produced locally, through the complementary skills they bring into the country, through encouraging changes in the pattern of production or encouraging inflow of capital, and so on.

For all of these reasons, it is quite compatible with standard economic theory to find that immigration might have little or no effect on wages or employment.
Some studies have pointed to the possibility of effects on the distribution of wages, holding wage growth back at the lower end and pushing wages up at the higher end. However, authors of studies which have suggested this have emphasised that the negative effects are small. While recent immigrants as a whole have typically been highly qualified relative to the skill level of the UK labour force, the location of such effects may have to do with the fact that they tend to work initially in lower paid jobs.
Evidence for harmful effects of immigration on employment is also slim. Most studies have failed to find clear evidence of a link.

One exception, sometimes cited by advocates of tighter immigration policy, is a 2012 Migration Advisory Committee report that found some association in particular of non-EU migration with employment of non-immigrants during one period of downturn, though the study itself emphasises that the evidence is not very robust.

Vince Cable’s understanding of the preponderance of academic evidence on the labour market effects of immigration is accurate. There is little persuasive evidence that immigration has substantial harmful effects on average UK wages or employment. Damian Green is correct to identify effects on the least well paid as being of greatest concern but evidence suggests these effects are not large.

Review: Jonathan Wadsworth, professor of economics at Royal Holloway, University of London
Old 14-09-2017, 08:40 AM

Poor cdm, tries hard but fails miserably.

Evidence to date suggests little effect on employment and unemployment of UK-born workers, but that wages for the low paid may be lowered as a result of migration, although again this effect is modest.”

Evidence it does have an effect then. Even they / he admit it. We have gone from none to some in this report and a yes it does from the BOE. Slowly educating some on here. It takes time tho.

ROLL ON DEATH !!

Last edited by Biggineagle; 14-09-2017 at 08:45 AM.