Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
mate it was when Pardew crossed the ball with the outside of his boot for Wright to score.
About 2mins 20secs in - the 2nd replay of Wright's goal

Old 04-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismale View Post
Was this game ever on TV in The TVS/Meridian region? (IE In B******* or the surrounding region?) I remember listening to it on the Radio as I was helping my parents out at a Fete that day,also,correct me if im wrong but was it this game that Brian Moore uttered those words "That was the part I liked" when describing a goal by our very own Supa Al? Sorry my memory has deserted me all these years later when it comes to the 89 Playoffs!
I remember watching the highlights on the Sunday- I listened to the game on the radio on the Saturday, it felt rather surreal at the time and took a while to sink in after the eighties doldrums and near misses.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I can certainly confirm the Brian Moore commentary, so many great phrases he used for that game. I cannot recall the exact words but when Madden scored the pen and ran towards the Arthur - 'there's the look of joy on their faces, and a look of relief on his!'

Then at the final whistle - 'Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and the rest, we're coming to meet you now!' (Or whatever bloody teams it was).

Probably my favourite ever commentary. And commentator.
It always saddened me that Brian Moore passed away I believe on the day England beat Germany 5-1.

How he'd have loved that game.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 PM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
I remember the long journey back from Blackburn convinced we'd blown it. What a game, back when football was fun.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 04-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork1 View Post
I remember the long journey back from Blackburn convinced we'd blown it. What a game, back when football was fun.
We had been up there earlier in the season and lost 5-4 I think. Twice that season they had scored with a last minute goal.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:24 PM

RedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
June 7th - To view the link you have to Register or Login

CPFC 2010 announce that the acquisition of the Club is complete.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:28 PM

RedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedNBlueArmy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
June 8th - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Geoff Thomas signs for Crystal Palace back in 1987 for just £50k

Old 08-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Keeping The Faith

Pound for Pound and I know we've have some very good free transfers, that has to be the best 50k we've ever spent.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:48 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Great to see a couple of balloons still on the pitch in that photo too! What a day.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:35 PM

June 9th - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Crystal Palace make the Top 50 Football Brands list in 2015, placing at 30th. 2016 has seen us move up to 23rd.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:36 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork1 View Post
Nah knew we was going up despite the Rovers fans jubilation in the streets after the game. When you got Wright & Bright your going to go up simples👍🏻.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:45 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
About 2mins 20secs in - the 2nd replay of Wright's goal

Many thanks ROB . What a day .
Also Gardner said afterwards it was the MOST intimidating atmosphere he'd ever played in!.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:19 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Many thanks ROB . What a day .
Also Gardner said afterwards it was the MOST intimidating atmosphere he'd ever played in!.
Garner? I've heard that said before but nothing comes up on google about it. It was a bit lively though so I doubt he had played in many better.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:04 AM

June 10 - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Mark Goldberg completes his takeover of Crystal Palace in 1998 and further back in 1984, Steve Coppell has to deal with his first managerial problems.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Garner? I've heard that said before but nothing comes up on google about it. It was a bit lively though so I doubt he had played in many better.
Garner yes sorry, think it was in the written press.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNBlueArmy1 View Post

Mark Goldberg completes his takeover of Crystal Palace in 1998 and further back in 1984, Steve Coppell has to deal with his first managerial problems.

The Orp pissheads( school kids back then!) were devastated when Vince left as he lived a goal kick away from a few of us and was an absolute Gent at sorting anything out for you and several times took us to watch training . Different era back then.
Remember him getting abuse when he returned with Pompey but in the warm up he still found time for a Chat( i was walking round pitch with the bloody programme board selling iircc mainly away programmes).

Last edited by orp pisshead1; 10-06-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNBlueArmy1 View Post

Old 10-06-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Pound for Pound and I know we've have some very good free transfers, that has to be the best 50k we've ever spent.
Bang on the money and to think we spent a total of £125,000 on Geoff Thomas & Mark Bright .
Old 10-06-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Indeed
Old 17-06-2016, 11:10 AM

June 17 - To view the link you have to Register or Login

George Burley is installed as Crystal Palace manager, with Freedman as his number 2.