Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:40 PM

LN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I have a 2016 Sony tv and suddenly thought I could connect to Alexa as itís an Android tv. Found the instructions to come home and find itís available on my tv (yet) as the app is not currently on there. Praying Sony release an update and include my Model. If not, can anyone recommend a device which will allow me to control my tv via Alexa?
The Logitech Harmony Hub was mentioned earlier in the thread and may be the only way at the moment. It does require a hardware hub setting up with Alexa that controls the TV via IR commands as per your TV handset rather than any direct integration with the TV software.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-10-2017, 10:02 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
The Logitech Harmony Hub was mentioned earlier in the thread and may be the only way at the moment. It does require a hardware hub setting up with Alexa that controls the TV via IR commands as per your TV handset rather than any direct integration with the TV software.

Okay thanks - Iíll check that out. Hopefully Sony will bring out an update soon to all other Android smart TVs and not just some.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:00 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Has anyone connected their Echo to their Fire tv?

I have just bought at Fire tv (2nd gen) and can't seem to link the two to be able to command Echo to control the Fire.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Has anyone connected their Echo to their Fire tv?

I have just bought at Fire tv (2nd gen) and can't seem to link the two to be able to command Echo to control the Fire.
Not tried that but I have controlled it from the Fire TV app on an iPad. If I get some time later I will look at the Echo control. Are you sure it's actually live over here? I know originally it was released in the US first, like most things.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:39 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I tried it and I can't connect either. I found the instructions via Google but realised that I was on the US site. The UK site has the section in it's Help but it's blank. So are you sure it's live over here? - unless you are in the US?
Old 06-11-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I tried it and I can't connect either. I found the instructions via Google but realised that I was on the US site. The UK site has the section in it's Help but it's blank. So are you sure it's live over here? - unless you are in the US?

Since I posted that I have been doing research and it appears it is not available over here, yet. As you say the US have the chance to connect the pair but we canít yet, for some reason.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:49 PM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Same here found this
But can't find the setting on the app. Can't see why they wouldn't let you do this ??????

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 06-11-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Same here found this
But can't find the setting on the app. Can't see why they wouldn't let you do this ??????

I know, baffling. If the technology is there, why should it matter what side of the water we live on. Bizarre
Old 06-11-2017, 11:36 PM

As I understand it often the main reason for delays over here with other features has been ensuring all the associated voice commands are fully recognised by Alexa. This is not just the words but syntax etc. and can needs it's own libraries etc.. With Fire TV I would think the basic commands are already there because of other skills and the fact that you can already control it by the Fire TV app, so bit bemused as to why it's delayed. not seen any dates mentioned either.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:08 AM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seems plausible BUT you already command with the remote that uses Alexa. So in this case it can't be that.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 07-11-2017, 11:59 AM

Itís very strange chaps. Letís hope they get their arses into gear and sort it soon.

Also, what WiFi plugs are everyone using with their Alexas?
I currently have a couple of Hs100 TP Link plugs but for £25 a pop they seem very expensive, especially when I need another three more.
Anyone recommend another plug that works choice are cheaper?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM

I'm using TP links as well as they work !!! However just to annoy you I dont think I have ever paid more than £15 for mine. Argos, Amazon Black Friday, Sainsburys all have had deals. If I see then cheap I pick them up as I will always find a use for one. Best deal was Argos 2 for £15.99 :-)

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM

I'm using TP links as well as they work !!! However just to annoy you I dont think I have ever paid more than £15 for mine. Argos, Amazon Black Friday, Sainsburys all have had deals. If I see then cheap I pick them up as I will always find a use for one. Best deal was Argos 2 for £15.99 :-)

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 07-11-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Bloody hell, that's a cracking deal. Last time I paid £16 each through Amazon but that was on Prime day. If you see them, can you let us know on here please.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:26 PM

TP Link for me too. They really have worked very well. as Andy says - would appreciate a nod if anyone spots good prices on them as I would definitely buy more but not at full price. Will do the same obviously..
Old 07-11-2017, 05:15 PM

I did 😉 Post #10

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 09-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
My echo died today
Old 09-11-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
My echo died today
RIP echo

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 09-11-2017, 11:05 PM

How old is it Dave? Warranty?
If not, just in time for Black Friday.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:38 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Still in warranty - they are sending a replacement.

Pro tip- write down your damn serial number, will save time later