Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
What a splendid story the USA not qualifying and under such horrendous circumstance too. Brilliant has put a smile on my face all morning, it's just ridiculous, that goal above, losing to T&T and then fancy Mexico losing to Honduras as well, who'd of thought it hey?

Just when you thinking it can't get any better, I've just read Fox coughed up 400 million for the World cup Tv rights!

Fantastic.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:24 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
As much as I was against the whole goal line technology thing, this sort of makes me glad we have it domestically. Well at least in the Premier League... I guess we won't be seeing it next season.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:42 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Never a goal but it was a blatant penalty.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:58 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
What a splendid story the USA not qualifying and under such horrendous circumstance too. Brilliant has put a smile on my face all morning, it's just ridiculous, that goal above, losing to T&T and then fancy Mexico losing to Honduras as well, who'd of thought it hey?

Just when you thinking it can't get any better, I've just read Fox coughed up 400 million for the World cup Tv rights!

Fantastic.
So what if Fox paid $400m? Firstly, it's small change and secondly, there are millions of people who live in the US who will watch the WC regardless - either Americans who love football or the many immigrants who live there.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:07 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
A question for you South American dwellers. What are the big rivalries out there. There must also be a team that everyone thinks are *****
Old 11-10-2017, 01:34 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Pretty much everyone v Argentina.

Bolivia v Chile always gets a bit tasty (there's the issue of a bit of desert Chile took from Bolivia 100 years or so ago)
Old 11-10-2017, 03:49 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Definitely Argentina for all, they’re considered extremely arrogant by most Latin American’s I’ve met.

Colombia vs Brazil has been quite tasty since the World Cup in Brazil where Colombians were aggrieved with their defeat against them, but that’ll probably disappear.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post

Fantastic.
Beautiful isn't it. Up your Honduras Quite ironic that they have been replaced by an even more corrupt place in Panama too.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Beautiful isn't it. Up your Honduras Quite ironic that they have been replaced by an even more corrupt place in Panama too.
Panama corrupt? I hear they have bank accounts for cello players. What's wrong with that?
Old 11-10-2017, 04:19 PM
I'm not divorced

Sounds like Argentina are the Germany of South America.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Panama corrupt? I hear they have bank accounts for cello players. What's wrong with that?
Not much

They provide good smear propaganda stories for the gullible. What's Cameron up to?
Old 11-10-2017, 05:50 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
No love lost for Chile. Argentines, Uruguayans, Bolivians and Peruvians will not be crying.

Even I have got over it. Golden generation at their peak, two Copas, and another final, and THEY screwed it by not training properly, lack of prepartion, poor coaching and lack of control and discipline from the top. I feel for some of the lesser players and Medel. The likes of Sanchez and Vidal can go blow themselves.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:55 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Lindsay and I will have some fun with our students and Chilean contacts that live in their own fantasyland. Those that were always predicting easy wins and easy qualification, but clearly with a lack of any football knowledge and an inability to read stuff like tables and fixtures. The same idiots that are convinced that Rios was the greatest tennis player ever without any knowledge of tennis.

Still, there has been some great fun on this journey, two copa wins and some great times in the last two World Cups.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:02 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
As much as I was against the whole goal line technology thing, this sort of makes me glad we have it domestically. Well at least in the Premier League... I guess we won't be seeing it next season.
Fair play for taking it on the chin

Sorry for my anti US stance, it's a Trump thing

oh and I have a Mexican girfriend too

Just a shame the Argies made it.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Lindsay and I will have some fun with our students and Chilean contacts that live in their own fantasyland. Those that were always predicting easy wins and easy qualification, but clearly with a lack of any football knowledge and an inability to read stuff like tables and fixtures. The same idiots that are convinced that Rios was the greatest tennis player ever without any knowledge of tennis.

Still, there has been some great fun on this journey, two copa wins and some great times in the last two World Cups.

Yep. me too
Old 11-10-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Sounds like Argentina are the Germany of South America.
Yes they are, literally.

Fact.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Payback from Mexico over Trumps wall?
I'm sure Mexico sees this as payback for 4 years ago when their embarrassing qualifying campaign was saved by the US's C team beating Panama in Panama.

And this ******* guy.

Quote:
But asked how U.S. Soccer should respond to the defeat, (head coach) Arena answered in a manner that is likely to infuriate American fans everywhere.

"There's nothing wrong with what we're doing," he said. "Certainly as our league grows, it advances the national team program. We have some good young players come up.

"Nothing has to change. To make any kind of crazy changes I think would be foolish. We're building a good system in our professional league. We have players playing abroad of some quality.
I wonder how many FA's would have even let him in the locker room after the game, let alone on the plane back to the US.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:59 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
I'm sure Mexico sees this as payback for 4 years ago when their embarrassing qualifying campaign was saved by the US's C team beating Panama in Panama.

And this ******* guy.

I wonder how many FA's would have even let him in the locker room after the game, let alone on the plane back to the US.
What surprised me when I watched Orlando City in August was how many foreigners they had playing for them. Sub standard ones at that. They were truely awful. Couldn't control the ball or make a simple 10 yard pass. One south American player probably from division 10 in Brazil even stood on the ball and fell over I've seen better on a Sunday morning over here. I left thinking surely they've got better youth players available from what I saw. If they haven't the the US are in big big trouble. Obviously Orlando are only one team but I was surprised by the sub standard central, Carribbean and south American players they had playing for them instead of their own youth.
Old 13-10-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
What surprised me when I watched Orlando City in August was how many foreigners they had playing for them. Sub standard ones at that. They were truely awful. Couldn't control the ball or make a simple 10 yard pass. One south American player probably from division 10 in Brazil even stood on the ball and fell over I've seen better on a Sunday morning over here. I left thinking surely they've got better youth players available from what I saw. If they haven't the the US are in big big trouble. Obviously Orlando are only one team but I was surprised by the sub standard central, Carribbean and south American players they had playing for them instead of their own youth.
That's about the same as Palace for all of the years I've watched us. Palace are currently in the Premier, and most of our players can't pass a football or get a decent cross in.
Old 14-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
New link

Last edited by Chas; 14-10-2017 at 10:18 PM.