Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 13-02-2018, 10:47 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Of the remaining games left, we face seven teams we can easily beat and two of the other four, we've beaten in the last two seasons.

I think we're better than WBA, Stoke, Huddersfield, Brighton, and as good as Watford (if not better) and Leicester who we've already battered (with a much stronger team though). Need some luck with injuries, but think we'll get between 9 and 13 points from the whole lot.
Old 13-02-2018, 11:22 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Call me optimistic but i have just run through the score predictor and i get us finishing on 40 Points!

3 Wins (Bournemouth, Brighton and West Brom)

4 Draws (Huddersfield, Watford , Leicester and Stoke)

I also have 4 teams with low points totals Southampton just about stay up on 32 Points, West Brom 31, Huddersfield 31 and Stoke 30.

Sounds a bit too good to be true but maybe we will just about be ok.

This is discounting us getting any points against the big boys which we did last year. Hopefully we can scrape a few points out of these to make things easier.
Old 13-02-2018, 11:28 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I had Huddersfield stoke and wba go down.. 34 being enough.. with us getting 40
If we got 40 points I would be over the moon. Will be a bit of a shock though. Lets hope you are right.
Old 14-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Once a Mascot

Palaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Of the remaining games left, we face seven teams we can easily beat and two of the other four, we've beaten in the last two seasons.

I think we're better than WBA, Stoke, Huddersfield, Brighton, and as good as Watford (if not better) and Leicester who we've already battered (with a much stronger team though). Need some luck with injuries, but think we'll get between 9 and 13 points from the whole lot.
I don remember us easily beating anyone this year. None of the games will easy.
Old 14-02-2018, 12:20 AM

ANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In my opinion if we can somehow spring a surprised win against one the three big boys on our next theee matches then I’m very confident that we can get the three wins that I believe will save us .
Old 14-02-2018, 12:30 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe Eagle View Post
I don't think it is very 'entitled' to expect us to have invested wisely in the playing staff over 5 years of prem money, to have an organised wage and transfer budget, to have a decent scouting network in place - no issue with us being where we are every season, just think we could still be in the same situation with a more balanced wage budget, which was allegedly the plan after we stayed up the first season - until pardew managed to convince parish otherwise

No worries if you disagree - but to me we have missed basic structural improvements too often
I donít disagree that the off the field management appears to have been pretty poor. Where that will really bite us is when we do go down, as we will seem to have made very little gain from our time in the top flight.
Where I disagree is that will lead to a team aka Everton who generally really are comfortably in this league, without real relegation worries & looking upwards. I think if you look at Saints & Stoke below us you can see that is simply not a given.
Old 14-02-2018, 12:32 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Eagle View Post
I think your last point about morale is very true; If we get beaten by the top 3 teams, which I think we will, physcologically it will have a big effect on the club. Still hope for the best but expect the worst.
Why would it? Surely these are not games we earmark too much out of, & players at this level understand that?
Old 14-02-2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
People automatically seem to think that after losing 4 on the bounce we will suddenly become unbeatable. Our confidence will be at an all time low if we go into the Huddersfield game with no points from the four before.

Huddersfield proved against Bournemouth that they have the guts for a fight and they will be more than up for our game.

Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Watford and Stoke are going to be incredibly tough games.
Of course Huddersfield may feel quite similar, their 4 games before playing us are a Man Utd in the cup (h), away at West Brom (surely losing that sort of game is much more soul destroying than getting beat by Spurs or Man Utd?). Then away at Spurs, then home to Swansea. If they havenít picked up at least 4 points from that lot I think they will have a bigger crisis of confidence than us - they got 2 must win games, as opposed to our 3 expected to lose games.
We looked dead & buried after the home game to Sunderland last season. There had been no bounce under Sam & if anything we were playing worse. Confidence in the camp after getting well beaten by the bottom team must have been rock bottom, & yet they picked themselves up & saw us through. These are professional sportsmen with experience of exactly this position. Invaluable if you ask me. We may go down but it sure as shit wonít be because confidence was knocked by getting beat in a tough mini run against the top sides.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:47 AM

Twin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Survival on the last day Hillsborough style

Last edited by Twin of Droy; 14-02-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old 14-02-2018, 06:00 AM

The12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
2 wins, 5draws, 4 losses as someone else pointed out is doable / or 3wins, 4draws, 4 losses would be amazing.

We want at least 1 win and most of the draws to be against relegation rivals. That is key -not to lose many to them and keep their points yield low against us and stay with or just in front of the pack.

I think 38 and a reasonable gd will be good enough this year.

I canít see all the teams around us suddenly picking up wins and all going on great runs or greatly increasing their pts per game yield. One or two, maybe even 3 but not 6/7.

All season the form at the lower end of the table has been poor/inconsistent apart from us after our horrendous start. I expect that to continue and with lots of teams playing each other they canít all always pick up points (unless they always draw which is not a bad thing). For that reason I can see it remaining quite congested until the end of the season and it will be down to players togetherness, work rate and experience to deal with the situation that will help teams pull through.

Our fans at Selhurst will also play a massive part it pumping up the players and getting the feel good factor going at Selhurst.

Fwiw Iím quite sure weíll stay up and not nervy. Iím not arrogant but I believe the team is good enough, professional enough with players experienced in this situation to see us through- but weíll have to earn our place. I also think our management team and their exp will be huge for the rest of the season.

I have us staying up on 38-40pts.

Itís all hypothetical but on the last day I think a large cluster of teams (around 8/9 teams will be on 35-38pts with 6-7 teams below us and us on 37. If loads of results went against us we could go down but I think weíll draw or beat WBrom and stay up.
Old 14-02-2018, 06:30 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin of Droy View Post
Survival on the last day Hillsborough style
Yep, can't see any circumstances where we will go into the last two games not needing at least one win. Can see the Stoke away match being pivotal - our 'Hillsborough' match, although I am not sure anything could be as tense as those last five minutes.
Old 14-02-2018, 08:01 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaceand30 View Post
I don remember us easily beating anyone this year. None of the games will easy.
I didn't mean we would win those games easily, I meant I could easily see us win them. It's not over by a long way, even Chelsea, who we've already beaten, look shakey and the wankers have just proved they too are vulnerable.

We could even lose all of the first batch, only to go and win the last four, it's happened before.
Old 14-02-2018, 08:10 AM

ANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
With two games to go I have West Brom on 30 points and Brighton and Stoke on 32. That means if we can win 3 games before then, we are safe with two games to spare. I'm assuming wins against Brighton and Huddersfield, so 1 win out of the other 7.
Old 14-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Party on

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
‘Form book goes out the window’
Old 14-02-2018, 08:49 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Obviously not quite as optimistic as some of you guys but I ended up with us needing to win our last game against WBA to get out of the bottom 3 with these 4 teams above us that we would then go above if they lose.

Huddersfield (GD)
Newcastle (PTS)
Brighton (PTS)
Swansea (PTS)

Southampton could also stay above us if they win their game and so we would need them to draw or lose (against Man City at St Marys) or we need at least 2 of the above to avoid winning.

As these are the final fixtures it is possible but very unlikely that they can all win which would be mind blowing. .

Burnley FC - AFC Bournemouth
Crystal Palace - West Bromwich Albion
Huddersfield Town - Arsenal FC
Liverpool FC - Brighton & Hove Albion
Manchester United- Watford FC
Newcastle United - Chelsea FC
Southampton FC - Manchester City
Swansea City - Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur - Leicester City
West Ham United - Everton FC

The situation predicted prior to our last game doesn't sound that unlikely but having to beat WBA at home with Pardew managing them is almost as bad as if this was Brighton. If it turns out to be like this I would expect the BBS to have shaken itself apart before then and blood pressures sky high. So I would politely ask Roy to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat and beat some of these top clubs please. - thanks.
Old 14-02-2018, 08:56 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Obviously not quite as optimistic as some of you guys but I ended up with us needing to win our last game against WBA to get out of the bottom 3 with these 4 teams above us that we would then go above if they lose.

Huddersfield (GD)
Newcastle (PTS)
Brighton (PTS)
Swansea (PTS)

Southampton could also stay above us if they win their game and so we would need them to draw or lose (against Man City at St Marys) or we need at least 2 of the above to avoid winning.

As these are the final fixtures it is possible but very unlikely that they can all win which would be mind blowing. .

Burnley FC - AFC Bournemouth
Crystal Palace - West Bromwich Albion
Huddersfield Town - Arsenal FC
Liverpool FC - Brighton & Hove Albion
Manchester United- Watford FC
Newcastle United - Chelsea FC
Southampton FC - Manchester City
Swansea City - Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur - Leicester City
West Ham United - Everton FC

The situation predicted prior to our last game doesn't sound that unlikely but having to beat WBA at home with Pardew managing them is almost as bad as if this was Brighton. If it turns out to be like this I would expect the BBS to have shaken itself apart before then and blood pressures sky high. So I would politely ask Roy to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat and beat some of these top clubs please. - thanks.
How many points did you have us needing and what results did you give us between now and then? Did we beat any other teams?
Old 14-02-2018, 09:18 AM

French Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufski13 View Post
Why would it? Surely these are not games we earmark too much out of, & players at this level understand that?
True. But if we lose those 3 games we will probably be in the bottom 3 and playing catch up adds extra pressure. Even though we are only a point in front of the others , in your head it makes a big difference; Looking down at teams below us is better than looking up.
Old 14-02-2018, 11:28 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Why not? That run doesn't start until April, so there should hopefully be a few bodies back fit, plus increased time for the likes of Jach, Rakip and Sorloth to get up to speed. 2 of the 3 games are at home, and from those games previously we have taken 7 points - with the two points dropped being Brighton away.

At the start of the season, people would have said that winning at Watford was realistic, and beating Brighton and Leicester at home the same - therefore, I don't think it's that far fetched at all. Optimistic, yes - unrealistic, no.
Jach and Rakip will not make meaningful contributions for the first team before the end of the season. Rakip is such a weird "signing"
Old 14-02-2018, 11:28 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Benfica using us to get Rakip fit
Old 14-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
How many points did you have us needing and what results did you give us between now and then? Did we beat any other teams?
TBH I can't remember and I have closed it now. If we beat WBA I am pretty sure that would have put us on 36 which was just enough.