Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 19-05-2017, 07:06 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Too old, too expensive.
Old 19-05-2017, 07:13 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
I'd take Sagna on a year deal providing he's got the right attitude. Although I'd much rather Zabaleta.

We have so much rebuilding to do we need to capitalise on any good bargains in my opinion.

No to Clichy though, four left backs in the squad would be silly and I'm sure Sam knows that.
Nobody knows if Pape is going to make the 25 next season, and I reckon if we sign another left back it will be because Big Sam is wanting to use Schlupp in a more advanced role next season. So getting a new LB wouldn't be the craziest decision in the world. Whether Clichy should be that left back though is another question...
Old 19-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Don't need another left back unless its a young one, certainly not Clichy.

As for Sagna, I'm torn... real competition for Ward would be good, but again I'd prefer it to be a young up and coming player who has torn it up at a decent level (ie. Championship or equivalent)
Old 19-05-2017, 07:56 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We already have 3 left backs.

Sagna is still quality - I would take him on a free transfer. One of the only PL right backs who has managed to deal with Wilf, on the couple of occasions they have met. Better option than Zabaleta, whose legs are gone.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:06 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
The problem with some of these options is playing for Palace and playing for Man City are two totally different methods of defending.

I'm not convinced they'd be right for us...having said that they're two quality players and would be intrigued by either coming here.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:08 AM

Sceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes to both. You lot are ******* nuts. Both Premier League winners, played in Champions League, Euros, World Cup. No different than Cabaye internationally. Cabaye is on more and in his 30s.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:39 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its a tricky one, make no mistake for a club of our standing they would be outstanding signings also lets not forget these are French Internationals still very capable of producing performances to improve Palace.
Ok Sagna is 34 but has very good energy, overlaps and crosses well something that we badly need also we will have Ward as cover to help, lets not forget a good young RB who is an improvement on Ward will probably cost around 15m plus. As for Clichy still only 31 and if we are honest an improvement defensively on what we currently have, problem is do we need another LB? or could it be One will be sold to raise funds.
I can see Big Sam doing what he tends to do(Bolton as an example, where success/stability was brought on a limited budget but with experienced players, i can see a few "freebies" brought in to save on fees as Sakho and possibly a Midfielder and Keeper will be big money signings this summer, not forgetting the huge pay increase in Zaha's wages, that will probably then leave several signings to be on a free.
Bringing in quality experienced players is quite a good short term plan to establish yourself, whilst you slowly select the right young talent to bring in gradually, if we were to then achieve a Top Ten finish with this plan, who's complaining.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:09 PM

solpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesolpadeine : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Its a tricky one, make no mistake for a club of our standing they would be outstanding signings also lets not forget these are French Internationals still very capable of producing performances to improve Palace.
Ok Sagna is 34 but has very good energy, overlaps and crosses well something that we badly need also we will have Ward as cover to help, lets not forget a good young RB who is an improvement on Ward will probably cost around 15m plus. As for Clichy still only 31 and if we are honest an improvement defensively on what we currently have, problem is do we need another LB? or could it be One will be sold to raise funds.
I can see Big Sam doing what he tends to do(Bolton as an example, where success/stability was brought on a limited budget but with experienced players, i can see a few "freebies" brought in to save on fees as Sakho and possibly a Midfielder and Keeper will be big money signings this summer, not forgetting the huge pay increase in Zaha's wages, that will probably then leave several signings to be on a free.
Bringing in quality experienced players is quite a good short term plan to establish yourself, whilst you slowly select the right young talent to bring in gradually, if we were to then achieve a Top Ten finish with this plan, who's complaining.
Quit making sense. This is a message board. Rail against the inhumanity of not signing the perfect young player that will be a cornerstone for our squad for the next decade, regardless of whether that player exists or would ever consider coming here.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Good post. Having seen his dossier in action in January and the results he got subsequently as a result, i'm excited to see how he juggles the budget this time. Both are good players. It's like waiting for a bus for left sided players though.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sagna is an absolutely superb crosser of the ball. Benteke could clean up.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:52 PM

nash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1) we should ban any activity on this site by the sun

2) because it is the sun, there is 0% chance the link is true

3) if it were true, both players would be great additions to the squad

4) if we sign sagna, and souare doesnt return, can we force him to play with souare on the back of his shirt?
Old 19-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm of the opinion that Sam would be interested at a realistic price commensurate with the players ages and sell on fee, and appropriate length of contract and their salary demands. Ask too much then off they go.
Old 20-05-2017, 02:24 AM

TheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Another left back after spending 28m in Jan ?
Old 20-05-2017, 05:06 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
Nobody knows if Pape is going to make the 25 next season, and I reckon if we sign another left back it will be because Big Sam is wanting to use Schlupp in a more advanced role next season. So getting a new LB wouldn't be the craziest decision in the world. Whether Clichy should be that left back though is another question...
I'd be very surprised if Pape makes the 25 myself, but we've coped with predominantly Ward at right back with only Kelly to cover for a few years now and been fine. I don't think we'd warrant having PVA, Schlupp and Clichy all on id imagine 50K+ a week. Schlupp has been very good at left back recently and I see him competing with PVA. He's more of a utility man which is a good thing. If there's an area that requires more strength in depth it's out wide.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 20-05-2017, 06:03 AM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't really get everyone that says forget player x or y wages are too high and we should be saving them to get Sahko in. Doesn't make any sense. No one knows what our budgets are, no one knows that getting these players means we wouldn't go for sakho (seems highly unlikely given how vocal Parish and Sam have been about wanting him). Only a few people really know if we can or can't afford players within the context of what the rest of our transfer plans our.
Old 20-05-2017, 06:22 AM
It's obscene

cpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcben : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not keen on either
Old 20-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Sagna is 34!!!!
Old 20-05-2017, 08:54 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Sagna is 34!!!!
and we already have two/three left footed full backs. Clichy would be brilliant, if it weren't for that fact. I suppose Sagna would be a short term contract, but you would think the MLS would beckon.
Old 20-05-2017, 09:01 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Good post. Having seen his dossier in action in January and the results he got subsequently as a result, i'm excited to see how he juggles the budget this time. Both are good players. It's like waiting for a bus for left sided players though.
I think we all agree Palace need to be realistic with our budget Elgin, chances are as i said we will make every effort to sign up Sakho as he has been so influential and has convinced SA and fans alike he is our defensive saviour.
I feel also a top notch Keeper and Midfielder will be the other essential additions on Sam's shopping list, the rest with the odd low money signing could be on released/freebies to balance the books, but that will still cost a tidy sum no doubt especially when we throw in wages.
There is bound to be several "bench warmers" released to lessen the wages, also it is inevitable 3/4 players will need to be sold to raise funds. As you say it will be interesting to see what business Big Sam does this summer, but we know he is a shrewd old fox with a surprise always up his sleeve.
Old 20-05-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solpadeine View Post
Quit making sense. This is a message board. Rail against the inhumanity of not signing the perfect young player that will be a cornerstone for our squad for the next decade, regardless of whether that player exists or would ever consider coming here.
You are probably right.