Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 08-01-2008, 03:28 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Dean Gordon Latest

Seems a shame as I loved Deano when he played for us. Something sad about older players still trying to hack it. Maybe he was judt doing it for fun rather than for £, I hope so.

FORMER Premiership footballer Dean Gordon left Whitby Town FC as he did not live up to expectations, says caretaker manager Phil Brumwell.
The former Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough defender played seven games for the Blues but was released after the Boxing Day defeat against North Ferriby.
"There was no fall-out or anything like that and it was all done amicably but we decided it wasn't the way forward for Whitby," said Brumwell.
"We brought him in because he is a name, his experience helped the other players and in the past he was a quality player but it didn't work out for him."
The Blues are now waiting to hear on the availability of former Scarborough striker Jimmy Beadle who has been playing in Norway.
"He's declared an interest and it's up to Jimmy now as other clubs are interested," added Brumwell.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 08-01-2008, 03:32 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
lets hope it isnt for the money, surely hes minted after have a decent career. good old deano.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered Muser

dee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramadee eff was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panorama
Quote:
Originally posted by macstar
lets hope it isnt for the money, surely hes minted after have a decent career. good old deano.
I don't thinks a couple of grand a week (before tax) for ten or so years would necessarily set you up for life.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:59 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
We need a left back

Bring him home
Old 08-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by dee eff
I don't thinks a couple of grand a week (before tax) for ten or so years would necessarily set you up for life.
I have a lot to worry about then!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by dee eff
£400k pa for ten years is more than most earn in a lifetime so it should have

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 08-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm sure he's doing alright. And I'll bet he was on rather more than £2k at Boro. He was briefly a top Premiership player there before he got crocked again.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:29 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bet J.Beadle will prove to be quite handy.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 PM

THB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
I bet J.Beadle will prove to be quite handy.
depends whether it is the left or right handy.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:34 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
I'm sure he's doing alright. And I'll bet he was on rather more than £2k at Boro. He was briefly a top Premiership player there before he got crocked again.
middlesbroughs player of the season in first year.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I was going to say I would have thought he would have been on more then £2k at Palace as well but then again back then I don't suppose he would have.

He's been playing longer then 10 years surely? Oh and agree he would have been more likely to be on around £5k at Boro.

Probably earned well in excess of a million during his career.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
I was going to say I would have thought he would have been on more then £2k at Palace as well but then again back then I don't suppose he would have.

He's been playing longer then 10 years surely? Oh and agree he would have been more likely to be on around £5k at Boro.

Probably earned well in excess of a million during his career.
1993/94 season was his first good season for us. He's in the season video, quite an articulate chap.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Isle of Wight
£400k pa for ten years is more than most earn in a lifetime so it should have
That would be just over £7,500 per week.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
He really should come home and play for Croydon Athletic
Old 08-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
If he's not set up for life then it's his own fault.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
If he's not set up for life then it's his own fault.
Spot on - good player for Palace and should have made a good living, certainly not massive compared to today's top players but comfortably off. Or at least should be.

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by James
That would be just over £7,500 per week.
Your right, but I thought they would get 2k a week in salary, but would be able to double it with bonus's, apearance's, sponsorship. That's where I got the maths wrong Dooooohh. Still if he was on £5K, as others had suggested at Mbrough, it would be even more.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 08-01-2008, 08:02 PM

chris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechris2344 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
palace legend. full stop.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:11 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
we played in a 5 a side team together when i worked at bejams!-)

Steve Jobs
Old 08-01-2008, 08:24 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A full back who could really smash a ball. Seems the years have caught up with him