Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 18-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6703728901 View Post
Evening

Park in Fartown / Birkby area for free. The road next to Slubbers Arms Willow Lane (google maps) and surrounding area. I park there every game. Magic Rock at the top end (expensive craft) Slubbers at the bottom end (good old fashioned real ale pub but gets busy as its only small, middle age real ale types, no bother) Walk down under railway arches. Modern chain pub stop Yorkshire Rose half way to the ground. 10 mins walk back plus you can get on Bradford road and away pretty quick.
Cheers
Just have to thank this person for the advise. Excellent advice, parked straight away, plenty of choice, near the ground and pubs.

Cheers
Old 18-03-2018, 02:35 PM
I love Banging

Banger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
I bought one of the pies that were being sold off cheap at the end of the match, and used that as a hand warmer!
How much did you pay? I got mine for 20 p. Bargain - Balti as well
Old 18-03-2018, 03:16 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
How much did you pay? I got mine for 20 p. Bargain - Balti as well
Don't tell me that I bought a Chicken Balti for a £1 thought that was value!

Top weekend and great result!
Old 18-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Cunning Planner

7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Having just read the trials of the drivers, I have to put a word in for the railways. I love to bash them as much as the next person but yesterday they were good in very testing conditions. No train I was on (of nine) was more than 10 minutes late. Bearing in mind I used Southern, Virgin East Coast and Transpennine Express.
Old 18-03-2018, 07:33 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Same here, somehow going back to the M1 we went via Barnsley and loads of snowy hills to J37 instead of J38. Had one moment when I was in 1st gear wheel spinning and could barely get moving! Remember a place called High Flatts, where the snow was blowing across the road from a field at a rate!! Had a look at a map to try and work out where exactly we went, and it was well off course!! At one point a blizzard was blowing snow straight at the windscreen and the wipers were covered in ice (
I did the same but not strictly by mistake. By coincidence was following directly behind Hoover and co, initially on the A637 leading to jct38 but traffic quickly ground to a standstill in blizzard conditions. I did a U-turn and headed back to Hudds taking the same road as you to Barnsley, not realising it was about 20 miles to the motorway on that route. Scary! However, their journey was just as scary, if shorter, but I ended up reaching the M1 before they did.
Old 18-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Probationary User

6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls6703728901 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Stripes View Post
Just have to thank this person for the advise. Excellent advice, parked straight away, plenty of choice, near the ground and pubs.

Cheers
Happy to help. I was in Durham on a pissup all weekend so thankfully missed the whole sorry affair. Good luck anyway
Old 19-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6703728901 View Post
Happy to help. I was in Durham on a pissup all weekend so thankfully missed the whole sorry affair. Good luck anyway
Well good luck for the rest of the season. A real friendly bunch and had great time chatting to so many of you.
Old 19-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Stripes View Post

Cheers
another example of the sad state of modern football. Go back 20 or 30 years, and his seemingly friendly advice would have seen you led into an ambush of heavy masonry launched from above and the subsequent mercilessly methodical stripping of your vehicle by feral children during the match.
Old 19-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Stripes reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
another example of the sad state of modern football. Go back 20 or 30 years, and his seemingly friendly advice would have seen you led into an ambush of heavy masonry launched from above and the subsequent mercilessly methodical stripping of your vehicle by feral children during the match.
It was too cold for them northern softies, otherwise.......
Old 19-03-2018, 03:57 PM

Bernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBernard Shakey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Stayed overnight in Rastrick, just outside Huddersfield. Went for a fab meal to the local pub and watched the weed get taken apart by United. We then drove very slowly back to our B&B on a very slippery road with horizontal snowfall. We had about 4" of snow settle on the car overnight.
Was a bit worried about the return trip on Sunday, but after a full English we slithered down a steep hill en route to the M62. The road was awful and even the main routes were difficult but it improved slowly and by the time we reached Derbyshire on the M! all was OK.
Total journey time back to Reigate was approximately 4 1/2 hours. Not too bad considering some tales of woe. I understand the coaches got to SP at about 11.30.
I wonder what time the team bus got back? They were due to fly but it was cancelled so it seems they coached it back as well.
Old 19-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
F@@@ me that was cold
I even bought a hot chocolate at half time I was that cold!

Also nowhere to shelter out of the wind; and as for the snow showers at the start of the second half
Old 19-03-2018, 07:38 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Anyone else buy one of the pies on the way out? Special offer for £1 it was bloody horrible and I have no idea what flavour it was.
It was hot though.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 19-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Anyone else buy one of the pies on the way out? Special offer for £1 it was bloody horrible and I have no idea what flavour it was.
It was hot though.
I was disappointed there was no vegetarian pie option at all, as far as I could see.

I could have done with a couple on the way out.

I wouldn't have worried what it was supposed to be, just that it was warm.
Old 19-03-2018, 08:34 PM

LN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had a quick look on the way out but actually wimped out when I realised I would have to take my gloves off to pay for and eat the thing!
Still amazed a twenty year old stadium has outside catering though? Seems someone may have been thinking of the Rugby League season being played in the summer and forgot the footy supporters when designing it?
Old 19-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had a pound pie. It was burnt to shit and left a really bad taste in my mouth that ended up with me gargling with water to clear!

Still... Worked as a cheap hand warmer, but do wonder how many pies they over ordered as they seemed to have loads.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 19-03-2018, 08:52 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Had a quick look on the way out but actually wimped out when I realised I would have to take my gloves off to pay for and eat the thing!
Still amazed a twenty year old stadium has outside catering though? Seems someone may have been thinking of the Rugby League season being played in the summer and forgot the footy supporters when designing it?
Thought the same thing. Only ever been colder at Blackpool, I think. Going home over the top of the M62, I wondered if I'd end up there overnight. The result and performance warmed us all up, though.

Last edited by Granada allover; 19-03-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 20-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
I was in the fortunate position of driving a four wheel drive car, but the journey out of Huddersfield was still a bit lively. All fine while I could keep moving, but plenty of sideways movement when trying to stop for traffic lights going down a hill. The bloke in front had to give up, which was handy for me as it gave me the opportunity to drive without braking.
Old 20-03-2018, 08:14 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
It was built very much 'on the cheap', but was a revolutionary design at the time as nobody in this country had done 'curvy' stands before. It had to be done on the cheap because Huddersfield had spent the previous 20 or so years in the 2nd and 3rd and 4th Divisions

When it opened it only had 3 sides, the 2 tier end opposite ours was added about 5 years later.

It doesn't keep the weather out as there are gaps between the sides and the roof - no 'screen ends' on the stand as well for example.

The outside catering is just another example of cost cutting, and would be relatively easy to 'fix' with a simple add-on tin roof.

It was incredibly congested in that outside space though with a full crowd in the away end, you would have thought they could have designed it to be a bit bigger just by setting the toilets and catering a bit further back.

Not the end of the world though, prefer grounds with a bit of character and identity. Home fans seemed a decent bunch too, although they could leave the clapsticks at home
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 20-03-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What didn't help there was people paying by card and them not having touch machines (prob seen as wizardry oop north) so everyone having to tap pins in.

Also not helped by some bint asking for a receipt for her tea and pie, and the guy behind the till not looking very clued up at all as to what to do in such a circumstance.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.