Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:13 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
We'll have to wait and see how Curran gets on, but Stokes is the only on of the other 3 with a better batting average than bowling, and he doesn't fall apart as soon as he leaves the country.
Doesn't perform well enough, consistently enough, in either department to warrant being picked on that basis alone. Less of an all-rounder than a not-quiter.

Would still get in my team, just, for his occasional match-winning performances but his inclusion does mean imbalances in the team which require other all-round performances to quell.

See also, Adil Rashid.

Last edited by the digger; 12-09-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
We'll have to wait and see how Curran gets on, but Stokes is the only on of the other 3 with a better batting average than bowling, and he doesn't fall apart as soon as he leaves the country.
He hasnít been allowed out of the country recently.
Old 13-09-2018, 09:25 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
I decided on Sunday evening to go on Monday and Tuesday and was two of the best days I have had a for a few years.

Firstly I wanted to see Cook bat for England for one last time. The moment when on 96 he took the single I was not feeling good about it and then the overthrow when to the boundary. I thought the applause when he reached the century would never end. My arms did hurt after that. It was worth going just for that moment.

Root played well and looked very happy to reach 100.

In the evening it was a brilliant start getting the three very early wickets. The best bit was getting Kolhi out first ball.

I probably won't see a day of test cricket like that again.

It was very different on Tuesday. It was a small crowd and I didn't have many people sitting near me.

The Indians (Rahul and Pant) played well but once Rashid got them out then win looked likely. The afternoon session was frustrating.

It was great to see James Anderson get the winning wicket taking out middle stump to get the record.

I did feel a bit emotional seeing Cook leave the field for the last time. I only know of England having at least one of Trescothick, Strauss or Cook opening.

I stayed for the presentation and afterwards the players came up to the main square to acknowledge the crowd.

Cook has been an amazing player for England. I think it's the right time for him to move on but it was great to see him have an excellent final match that I will probably still be talking about attended in 30 years time.
Old 13-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
I decided on Sunday evening to go on Monday and Tuesday and was two of the best days I have had a for a few years.

Firstly I wanted to see Cook bat for England for one last time. The moment when on 96 he took the single I was not feeling good about it and then the overthrow when to the boundary. I thought the applause when he reached the century would never end. My arms did hurt after that. It was worth going just for that moment.

Root played well and looked very happy to reach 100.

In the evening it was a brilliant start getting the three very early wickets. The best bit was getting Kolhi out first ball.

I probably won't see a day of test cricket like that again.

It was very different on Tuesday. It was a small crowd and I didn't have many people sitting near me.

The Indians (Rahul and Pant) played well but once Rashid got them out then win looked likely. The afternoon session was frustrating.

It was great to see James Anderson get the winning wicket taking out middle stump to get the record.

I did feel a bit emotional seeing Cook leave the field for the last time. I only know of England having at least one of Trescothick, Strauss or Cook opening.

I stayed for the presentation and afterwards the players came up to the main square to acknowledge the crowd.

Cook has been an amazing player for England. I think it's the right time for him to move on but it was great to see him have an excellent final match that I will probably still be talking about attended in 30 years time.
Yep you got to see a fair bit of history there mate. Great stuff

My best day ever at cricket was the 4th and final day at Trent Bridge 2005 Ashes. Heart stoppingly manic day. Brilliant
Old 14-09-2018, 08:45 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
India playing Away must be one of the most frustrating teams to support if you are a supporter, so very talented in most areas yet when the chips are down they crumble in away series, which is what England have always tended to do.
So playing India was the perfect Top team to play to get your confidence back, however we MUST sort out the Opening pair now Cook has gone so the Sri Lanka series will be crucial, having experimented with so many its hard to think who will be given the poisened chalice next. Good old Surrey to the rescue? why not Burns and Stoneman, eventhough he has been given his chance but at least they are a pairing that know eachother's game which may work, the other alternative for me would be Burns/Buttler a quality player who now looks like he has settled into Test cricket and has learned to curb his erratic stroke play that used to be his downfall. The other issue that is bound to crop up is the legendry pairing of Anderson/Broad and who will replace them, i see them Both retireing after the Ashes series next summer so we need to blood replacements asap Curran and Woakes? but its one hell of a pair of boots to fill, so we could be in for another lean period.
But for now lets enjoy what was a superb Test series, and a magnificent England win.
Old 14-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
We have quite a few players of that ilk, Stokes, Woakes, Curran, Wood. We really need to find a proper out and out opening bowler (s) to replace those two when they do eventually retire.
Old 14-09-2018, 09:02 AM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is here
Alec Stewart would like to see Rory Burns open for England to replace Chef.
Old 15-09-2018, 07:03 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Alec Stewart would like to see Rory Burns open for England to replace Chef.
Nothing to do with Burns being a Surrey lad ....
Old 15-09-2018, 07:04 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Moeen claiming he was racially abused by Aussie players during 2105 Ashes. ACB looking into it

Aussies in being total wankers shock
Old 15-09-2018, 09:10 AM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Moeen claiming he was racially abused by Aussie players during 2105 Ashes. ACB looking into it

I read about it. Moeen in his new book has alleged that an Australian player called him 'Osama'

To view the link you have to Register or Login

A new low to sledging...
Old 15-09-2018, 09:51 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

Racist time travelling wankers.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What a surprise, a cheating scumbag Aussie cricketer going way beyond what is acceptable . Nothing new though, most cricket lovers are well aware of how they go about their business. Revolting bunch, just hope the new generation behave better. But when Smith, Warner and dopey Bancroft are reinstated to the team, I guess it will be back to the good old days .
Old 15-09-2018, 10:41 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Bayliss went to Lehmann about it, which is a bit like consulting Ken Dodd about tax
Old 15-09-2018, 10:59 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
The problem is that most of the other sides (particularly England) effectively turned a blind eye to it for many years, which emboldened Australia to continue pushing further and further beyond the boundaries of acceptable behaviour. Would have been a good statement for example if the England side had walked off the pitch in 2015 and refused to continue the game until Australia had ejected whichever moron made the Osama remark from the side.
Old 15-09-2018, 01:00 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was it Dean Jones who called Amla "the terrorist" when commentating?
Old 15-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Jason Gillespie has just said “encouraging him to make micro decisions”.

Just FRO with this bollox already.
Old 15-09-2018, 06:13 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
What a surprise, a cheating scumbag Aussie cricketer going way beyond what is acceptable . Nothing new though, most cricket lovers are well aware of how they go about their business. Revolting bunch, just hope the new generation behave better. But when Smith, Warner and dopey Bancroft are reinstated to the team, I guess it will be back to the good old days .
I said to palace friends of mine who are not cricket fans that when these people got caught and banned that it it couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of people. I little realised. I am in the middle of the unfortunate James Taylors book Cut Short who had little good to say especially about Warner. Now Moeen Alli's book comes out and they come across even worse. The sledging was way beyond the acceptable. Think it good for cricket that Steve smith is no longer Aussi captain. Captains set the tone and his has been appalling.

Last edited by cranesparkeagle; 15-09-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:33 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Sussex beaten twice in two vital games in the space of 3 days as Worcestershire add to their defeat at Durham by beating them in the 20/20 cup final.

Come on Kent 2 games to go to deny Sussex promotion by going up in place of them.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Bayliss went to Lehmann about it, which is a bit like consulting Ken Dodd about tax
Old 18-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Stokes and Hales for the high jump?

To view the link you have to Register or Login