CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

Olympian2 19-03-2021 08:12 AM

County Cricket 2021
 
Morning all.

As in previous years, I thought I'd create a separate thread specifically for County Cricket this season. The 'Cricket Thread' thread is normally used for international or general stuff.

After renewing my membership at the Oval (despite feeling somewhat hypocritical for doing so, based on me slagging off Richard Gould so much last year), I've just booked some tickets for the 1st 2 County Championship games this season vs Middx & Glocs in May. Looking forward to enjoying that new Lock/Laker stand.

Let's have the thoughts of the regular Surrey & Kent followers - there's always a few Essex, Sussex & Hants fans on here too - all welcome :p

Anyone looking forward to The Hundred? :wallbash:

Mick 19-03-2021 10:57 AM

Likewise, I've just booked tickets for each Saturday of the Middx and Gloucs matches. Hope the weather is ok.
Looking forward to seeing some live sport again, both at Selhurst and the Oval. Guildford was always good too, but with current circumstances, the Gloucs match had to be switched.
Haven't booked any T20 yet and can't say I'm too thrilled about The Hundred-just seems too manufactured.

GTR 19-03-2021 11:27 AM

Booked for Thurs and Sat of the two games and really looking forward to it.

Sadly seems that the possibility of 'trial events' in April isn't going to happen for cricket as was hopeful the Oval would be bidding to host as they did last summer.

Some talk of trying to get round the restrictions by allowing people to have dinner with cricket as background entertainment (hospitality restrictions ease in April) but can't see that happening.

Olympian2 19-03-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR (Post 15709414)
Booked for Thurs and Sat of the two games and really looking forward to it.

Sadly seems that the possibility of 'trial events' in April isn't going to happen for cricket as was hopeful the Oval would be bidding to host as they did last summer.

Some talk of trying to get round the restrictions by allowing people to have dinner with cricket as background entertainment (hospitality restrictions ease in April) but can't see that happening.

Yeah, this is madness. You can sit in that rooftop bar & have a 2 course lunch on April 12th, 13th and 14th April but not on the 15th, 16th, 17th or 18th because there is a game on.......

RobertCPFC 19-03-2021 06:27 PM

I'm up for the county season after last years season having to be so short that will probably mean I will find it a let down.

It will be interesting to see how the new County Championship format works. I'll put a summary of how everything is working this year nearer the time.

I'm not sure how many games I can get to because of the restrictions. Kent have currently only have one four day game against Sussex in Beckenham. I'm hoping that some One Day Cup matches will be played there as well but the venues have not yet been announced. I will try to get to Canterbury for two T20s but that might not be straightforward.

I don't have a good feeling about the County Championship however in T20 I do have high hopes.

When the time comes it may be worth having a different thread for The Hundred and using this one for the One Day Cup.

If anyone wants to know how the ticketing for Kent works this year: https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/2021-season-general-faqs/

RazorsEdge 19-03-2021 07:14 PM

Same here renewed my season ticket not sure how many matches me and me Mrs will be able to watch this season

RazorsEdge 19-03-2021 07:50 PM

Forgot about that 100 question

I am genuinely looking forward to that and if it had the potential to knock 20/20 off it’s perch

cranesparkeagle 19-03-2021 08:01 PM

What sort of crowds will they allow at the oval while covid is still an issue

RazorsEdge 20-03-2021 05:29 AM

I have heard half the stadium being filled in and imagine families would be allowed to sit together


Edit: done a Google and found this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...3fplatform=amp

GTR 20-03-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15710040)
I have heard half the stadium being filled in and imagine families would be allowed to sit together


Edit: done a Google and found this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...3fplatform=amp

Think that is an old article from last summer - my understanding re the Oval is:

- first 2 county championship games will be without spectators

- the next two county championship games are after the 17th May and so if Step 3 occurs then there will c25% spectators allowed. Members are currently able to reserve a place for those games and if there remains capacity they may be sold to non-members from 5th April. There are 3 T20 games following these which I guess are likely to be on the same basis.

- all the other games are after 21st June when there is scheduled to be the removal of all restrictions and 100% of capacity permitted. It is possible proof of vaccination or a recent negative covid test may be required to gain entry.

Mick 05-04-2021 12:52 PM

Received my 2021Surrey membership card a while ago, but still awaiting membership pack. Anyone else got theirs yet?

Olympian2 05-04-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15730564)
Received my 2021Surrey membership card a while ago, but still awaiting membership pack. Anyone else got theirs yet?

No, I've not received my pack either but a mail, received from the club on Friday, stated '....we can confirm that 2021 Membership Packs have started being distributed and these will arrive with you in the next two weeks'

Mick 05-04-2021 01:18 PM

Cheers, I obviously didn't see that, but I note that if you apply for non-members' tickets for May, that you need the guest vouchers to produce as well, but that leaves plenty of time before then.

Olympian2 05-04-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15730601)
Cheers, I obviously didn't see that, but I note that if you apply for non-members' tickets for May, that you need the guest vouchers to produce as well, but that leaves plenty of time before then.

Yeah, exactly. I plan to nab a couple of Guest tix tomorrow & I'm fully confident that the vouchers will arrive by then :p

HOVE EAGLE 05-04-2021 02:43 PM

As I live in Gloucester I have a choice of Glos Worcester or Glamorgan for a season ticket
Bristol isn't much of a ground and aw kward to get to and new road is ok but gone for Sophia gardens this year
Easy to get to Cardiff by train great pub s and nice ground
Yes Glamorgan aren't that good but Sophia gardens is a good day out season ticket cost me 150
Let's hope I get to see some cricket

HOVE EAGLE 05-04-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE (Post 15730670)
As I live in Gloucester I have a choice of Glos Worcester or Glamorgan for a season ticket
Bristol isn't much of a ground and aw kward to get to and new road is ok but gone for Sophia gardens this year
Easy to get to Cardiff by train great pub s and nice ground
Yes Glamorgan aren't that good but Sophia gardens is a good day out season ticket cost me 150
Let's hope I get to see some cricket

And we don't have to reserve seats as the ground is barely a third full

le piddler 05-04-2021 03:35 PM

Got my Surrey membership for this season and got tickets for the Middlesex and Gloucestershire games in May :lux:

Olympian2 05-04-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le piddler (Post 15730725)
Got my Surrey membership for this season and got tickets for the Middlesex and Gloucestershire games in May :lux:

Cool, same here. See you there!

Olympian2 06-04-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15730564)
Received my 2021Surrey membership card a while ago, but still awaiting membership pack. Anyone else got theirs yet?

Received mine this morning :p

Mick 06-04-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15732541)
Received mine this morning :p

Yep, just received mine as well.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.