CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Beckenham Boy 21-04-2011 09:47 AM

Just registered for tickets

peagle 23-04-2011 06:08 PM

Marshall stabbed by wife, is ok:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...=breaking_news

pauldrulez 24-04-2011 03:17 PM

A player that always seems to find himself in some sort of trouble.

For those that don't know, check out the death of Darrent Williams who was Marshall's friend and he happened to be there when it happened.

Not saying anything like he was involved etc, but he always seems to find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

y2rich 24-04-2011 07:28 PM

32-0 win for MK against Maidstone today. Another sack, safety and a few more tackles. Week off now before Kent travel up to face us. One of the better teams in the division.

LLCOOLSTEVE 25-04-2011 02:26 AM

Ochocinco tweeting about draft and stuff tonight, and mentioning about wanting to go to Pats

oz_da II 25-04-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Ochocinco tweeting about draft and stuff tonight, and mentioning about wanting to go to Pats

I noticed last week that Peter King (SI NFL journalist and "big-time" tweeter) was telling Quatre-vingt cinq that he would be going to New England.

pauldrulez 25-04-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

Won't be surprised.

Despite the garbage that #85 brings with him, Belichick loves the guy.

A declining player, but runs routes right and that's what you need for Brady's offense. Can stretch the field more than Welker and Branch anyway.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 25-04-2011 10:28 AM

EEiE's wish list for pick # 23

Mike Pouncey or Jimmy Smith :p

SteveyHawking 25-04-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
EEiE's wish list for pick # 23

Mike Pouncey or Jimmy Smith :p

Right guard and corner are big needs so we'll go defensive end. :p

pauldrulez 25-04-2011 10:38 AM

Funny, i've just done my Pats mock of what I'd love and what I expect.

Want: Trade up to 6 with #60 and 74 for Robert Quinn. With 28, select Mohammed Wilkerson, DT, Temple.

What I expect?: Trade down a few spots from 17 for Nate Solder, OT.
With 28, select Wilkerson.
Move down from 33 to 39. Titans coming up for QB and give up 2012 2nd. At 39, select Justin Houston, OLB.

SteveyHawking 25-04-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Funny, i've just done my Pats mock of what I'd love and what I expect.

Want: Trade up to 6 with #60 and 74 for Robert Quinn. With 28, select Mohammed Wilkerson, DT, Temple.

What I expect?: Trade down a few spots from 17 for Nate Solder, OT.
With 28, select Wilkerson.
Move down from 33 to 39. Titans coming up for QB and give up 2012 2nd. At 39, select Justin Houston, OLB.

Wilkerson looks a good prospect and if he is still at 28 should prove a valuable pick. Why Solder ahead of Costanzo or Carimi who should all be going at roughly the same time?

pauldrulez 25-04-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Wilkerson looks a good prospect and if he is still at 28 should prove a valuable pick. Why Solder ahead of Costanzo or Carimi who should all be going at roughly the same time?

Don't think Carimi fits the Pats.

See Castonzo going at #13 to the Lions.

Apparently, Carimi will be going to Dallas at #9 now instead of Smith as Jerry Jones has fallen in love with him.

Wilkerson has got a high ceiling and can play DE for years and hopefully be 90% of what Seymour was pre-2006 injury.

peagle 25-04-2011 11:43 AM

I love Ochocinco but I don't want him to be a Patriot unless we move up in the draft and take a pass rusher. This is because without one we won't have any success next year so why bring in an old guy instead of developing someone to go long. I'm not too bothered about the drama because at this stage in his career and with BB as coach I think it can be controlled, though for me that's a massive loss to the NFL! Hopefully he whips out some good TD celebrations for us if he comes!

SteveyHawking 25-04-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Don't think Carimi fits the Pats.

See Castonzo going at #13 to the Lions.

Apparently, Carimi will be going to Dallas at #9 now instead of Smith as Jerry Jones has fallen in love with him.

Wilkerson has got a high ceiling and can play DE for years and hopefully be 90% of what Seymour was pre-2006 injury.

I would've thought Tyron Smith would be the early OT going to the Lions or Cowboys (if Jerry Jones ever decides to pick a lineman in the 1st round).

I agree about Wilkerson but can see him perhaps being off the board before 28.

pauldrulez 25-04-2011 11:53 PM

Judge rules to lift the lockout.

Owners appealing.

SteveyHawking 26-04-2011 02:27 AM

So a record 25 players will be attending the draft this year.

Prince Amukamara , CB, Nebraska Akeem Ayers , LB, UCLA Adrian Clayborn , DE Iowa Randall Cobb , WR, Kentucky Marcell Dareus , DT, Alabama Nick Fairley , DT, Auburn Blaine Gabbert , QB, Missouri A.J. Green , WR, Georgia Mark Herzlich , LB, Boston College Mark Ingram , RB, Alabama Cameron Jordan , DE, Californiaulio Jones , WR, Alabama Ryan Kerrigan , DE, Purdue Corey Liuget , DT, Illinois Von Miller , LB, Texas A&M Rahim Moore , S, UCLA Cam Newton , QB, Auburn Patrick Peterson , CB, Louisiana State Mike Pouncey , G/C, Florida Aldon Smith , DE, Missouri Tyron Smith , T, Southern California Phil Taylor , DT, Baylor Danny Watkins , G, Baylor.J. Watt , DE, Wisconsin Ryan Williams , RB, Virginia Tech

Who will be #1 pick? Who will be sitting there at the end pretending to smile whilst everyone around him gets picked?

pauldrulez 26-04-2011 08:58 AM

Lockout all but lifted. Free Agency to start after the draft.

As for the Draft.

#1 is Newton
#2 is Dareus
#7 is Peterson or Amukamara

They are my 3 certainties ;)

Swanny32 26-04-2011 10:16 AM

After all the hype, I'd be very surprised if Cam isn't #1. Very excited and with Friday being bank holiday it means I can stay up and watch it. Anyone else staying up?

saxoneagle 26-04-2011 10:21 AM

I'm going to say that Newton will be the biggest #1 bust since Alex Smith.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 26-04-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Right guard and corner are big needs so we'll go defensive end. :p

In Andy Reid we trust!!!!! :D :moo: :lux: