CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Latvian Eagle 18-10-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Another reason for the slight drop off in running yardage has been the absence of Jeff Otah a lot of the time. Our backs are good backs, but they can only run if there are holes to run into.

This is true! The whole reason of course we signed Stewart and Otah in the same draft was for Jeff to make those holes for JS to run through! Hasn't he missed like almost 2 years now? :eek: Not to mention Beason missing almost 2 years as well! :sob:

pauldrulez 18-10-2011 10:12 AM

Watched the 1st quarter and a bit of Jets-Phins.

1. Revis gets away with another blatant pass interference, like he gets away with holding on a weekly occurrence.

2. Sanchez sucks.

3. Cromartie sucks.

4. Matt Moore's decisions are astounding. Lex Hilliard is wide open on 3rd and 1, so I'll throw to Marshall who was in the shadow of Revis Island.

I know the final score, but Jets fans booing after the 2nd Offensive Play.

I love it.

Funk Butter 18-10-2011 04:22 PM

Played golf Sunday morning, hit the bar to watch the Falcons game, got so drunk that by the time I realized what was going on the Sunday night game was wrapping up. Luckily, our waitress gave me a ride home.

What I saw before everything got cloudy, best the Falcons have played this season. Still not really saying much. The O-Line stepped up finally, the defense was able to contain Newton (for the most part). The penalties were finally down, no turnovers and 7 for 11 on 3rd downs. That was their bugaboo this season so far.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 18-10-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
This is true! The whole reason of course we signed Stewart and Otah in the same draft was for Jeff to make those holes for JS to run through! Hasn't he missed like almost 2 years now? :eek: Not to mention Beason missing almost 2 years as well! :sob:

Beason hadn't missed a game since being drafted until the first game this season! Thomas Davis is the guy who was out for a long time, came back, and got injured again. Two premium linebackers down within a week of each other, and the main reason teams are running right through us.

Jeff Otah seemingly has one niggly injury after another. Very frustrating.

pauldrulez 18-10-2011 05:50 PM

Out of interest...

Any of you guys @promo_man on Twitter... Packers fan

oz_da II 18-10-2011 10:36 PM

Carson Palmer traded to the Raiders.

Quote:

The Raiders will send their first-round pick in 2012 and a conditional first-round pick in 2013 to Cincinnati. The 2013 pick will be a first rounder if the Raiders win a playoff game this season. If not, it will be a second-round pick in 2013.
Nice deal for the Bungles. I would have gone for Garrard if I'm in charge of the Raiders.

Funk Butter 18-10-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II

Nice deal for the Bungles. I would have gone for Garrard if I'm in charge of the Raiders.

Garrard has a bad back or something. Another trade, Ronnie Brown goes to the Lions for Jerome Harrison and a 7th round pick.

oz_da II 18-10-2011 11:01 PM

Can't believe the Raiders are giving up a first pick for someone who had no interest in playing for the Bungles and had very little if any interest from any other club.

The 2013 1st pick is dependent on the Raiders winning the AFC title.

So that will be a 2nd round pick...

pauldrulez 18-10-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II

Garrard is hurt, Palmer is a better player.

1 1st rounder should have been enough though.

Raiders could have traded 2 1sts and a little bit more to get Luck...

peagle 18-10-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

They need him now though

oz_da II 19-10-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Garrard is hurt, Palmer is a better player.

1 1st rounder should have been enough though.

Palmer has stunk it up since 2006.

Dumb trade with no thought on the future for the Raiders. Won't be winning anything with Palmer leading the offence, too slow, arm strength deteriorating, throws far too many picks.

Bungals looking decent. Dalton, Green, a tough defence and top picks to come. Let's see how they screw it up. :p

saxoneagle 19-10-2011 02:48 AM

Stupid trade by the Raiders, almost thought Al was back making that one.

How can you build for the future when you give away your 1st rounders for awful, ageing players?

saxoneagle 19-10-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Watched the 1st quarter and a bit of Jets-Phins.

1. Revis gets away with another blatant pass interference, like he gets away with holding on a weekly occurrence.

I wonder if Ben saw it? ;) :p :afro: :love:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 19-10-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Garrard has a bad back or something. Another trade, Ronnie Brown goes to the Lions for Jerome Harrison and a 7th round pick.

Get in ....... my man Jerome is back .................... With Shady McCoy and Dieon Lewis we have the three headed monster back (Shame Andy and MM will probably not use them :( )

But anyway I think this news deserves a :lux: :lux: :lux:

Beckenham Boy 19-10-2011 10:18 AM

@NFLprguy Brian McCarthy

Just like home. Bucs' Da'Quan Bowers taking kids thru #NFL Play 60 drills @ Harris Academy in London

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/s...x2_8d4dfc7.jpg

Strathclyde Eagle 19-10-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Looks like the Dolphins are trying their best to be in the Luck sweepstake come the end of the season.

To be fair it's the one thing we've been doing well since April.

pauldrulez 19-10-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Stupid trade by the Raiders, almost thought Al was back making that one.

How can you build for the future when you give away your 1st rounders for awful, ageing players?

Especially when the Patriots own their 2nd.

They gave up their 3rd for Pryor.

jazman 19-10-2011 01:09 PM

Who is the Rams back up QB to Bradford?

oz_da II 19-10-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Who is the Rams back up QB to Bradford?

Is this a quiz?

AJ Feeley

jazman 19-10-2011 01:26 PM

No quiz, just wasn't sure who it was.