CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Reps AJ 20-10-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15467109)

:supergrin::supergrin:

Chris K 20-10-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 15467124)
What’s really odd is when you put it in, and it doesn’t fit, so you flip it over....and it still doesn’t fit.

Turns out the original way was right ! That a double flip to get it flipping thing working.

Yep, it's always the third option

The one I use is even slanted on one side so that you know which way it should go. The problem is it keeps changing round

chateauferret 21-10-2020 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15467004)
Itís the exact same people delivering your food whether you use just eat or not, and if the order is wrong itís the takeaways fault not the website on which you selected what food you want? :confused:

But yes, I too find the delight of human contact to be an essential part of my takeaway ordering experience. Damn you, dehumanising internet.

I find that the order is much more likely to be correct when it's discussed on the 'phone with someone in the next room from the chef. I haven't seen the user interfaces restaurants use but I have of course seen the customer micro-websites, which are generic and don't adapt well to individual restaurant businesses (they are fine for the likes of McDonald's), and I have had a look at the API. Basically you're in trouble if your menu doesn't happen to be structured in a way that fits their generic JSON schema. If you have a printed menu that says you can combine items in different ways, like toppings on a pizza or different kinds of pasta with different sauces and then parmezan or not and so on, well it can be done, but you are expecting someone whose expertise is in designing recipes and preparing meals to function as data analyst. He is likely to get it wrong and it is also going to look confusing on the website and on the orders. You're imposing your data model on a business you know little about which is not likely to end well.

Mind you fitting in with Just Eat's generic business design and having problems if you don't seems to be the flavour of the whole thing, not just the API schema.

TopKnot 21-10-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15467199)
I find that the order is much more likely to be correct when it's discussed on the 'phone with someone in the next room from the chef. I haven't seen the user interfaces restaurants use but I have of course seen the customer micro-websites, which are generic and don't adapt well to individual restaurant businesses (they are fine for the likes of McDonald's), and I have had a look at the API. Basically you're in trouble if your menu doesn't happen to be structured in a way that fits their generic JSON schema. If you have a printed menu that says you can combine items in different ways, like toppings on a pizza or different kinds of pasta with different sauces and then parmezan or not and so on, well it can be done, but you are expecting someone whose expertise is in designing recipes and preparing meals to function as data analyst. He is likely to get it wrong and it is also going to look confusing on the website and on the orders. You're imposing your data model on a business you know little about which is not likely to end well.

Mind you fitting in with Just Eat's generic business design and having problems if you don't seems to be the flavour of the whole thing, not just the API schema.

ok..think you're overthinking it a bit tbh, its an app to order and pay for your kebab or chinese. You could always call them on the phone if you dont want to use it..

TopKnot 21-10-2020 05:55 PM

******* Gilmore Girls. My mrs has decided to watch it, and it is the blandest, dullest load of guff I've ever seen. Shes been watching it for a couple of weeks now and its only on series 2 of 7. About 130 episodes to go. FML.

chateauferret 21-10-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15467852)
ok..think you're overthinking it a bit tbh, its an app to order and pay for your kebab or chinese. You could always call them on the phone if you dont want to use it..

Perhaps. But if you look at their restaurant-facing stuff it looks - as many businesses do that seem simple from the consumer's standpoint - like much more and it's also got an acquisitive history now as if it were trying to carve its niche into a wedge a la Amazon. That API tells a story for a start - it's trying to create a de facto standard for food order data exchange and impose that on everyone instead of allowing some more independent body to take ownership of this potential ransom strip. It's reasonable to be concerned about what companies like this one might be doing to the economy and the marketplace more widely than, in this case, what you have with your fried rice.

Perhaps though it's just a symptom of the business being relatively immature.

pallet 21-10-2020 05:59 PM

Have a leak in my daugheters room, thought I had sorted it by clearing the gutters but of course not. My wife now has the pleasure of saying I told you so!!

PeterH 21-10-2020 06:05 PM

Why dont you use the toilet?

Fatboy 21-10-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15467042)
TBH I would be perfectly happy with the little shits being the wrong way up 50% of the time... but, as my original post stated, for some reason the Law of Averages doesn't apply to them.

Just when you get used to USB, USB-C comes along...

west country boy 21-10-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15467199)
...'phone...

You are trying way too hard now. Do you also add an apostrophe to the end of the word "hippo", ffs?

CT_Palace 21-10-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15467865)
Why dont you use the toilet?

Made me laugh

Maidstoned Eagle 21-10-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15467879)
You are trying way too hard now. Do you also add an apostrophe to the end of the word "hippo", ffs?

I think it depends on what Google tells him to do.

RazorsEdge 21-10-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15467865)
Why dont you use the toilet?

:)

Maz 21-10-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15467879)
You are trying way too hard now

When you have christened yourself chateauferret you are bound to look desperate whatever you write.


But yes, jeez is he trying too hard.

RazorsEdge 21-10-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15467879)
You are trying way too hard now. Do you also add an apostrophe to the end of the word "hippo", ffs?

Sometimes life isn't ferret all :)

RazorsEdge 21-10-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15467895)
Made me laugh

Me too

Reps AJ 21-10-2020 10:23 PM

MPs voting against feeding hungry kids. Wankers.

Stellavista 22-10-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15467857)
******* Gilmore Girls. My mrs has decided to watch it, and it is the blandest, dullest load of guff I've ever seen. Shes been watching it for a couple of weeks now and its only on series 2 of 7. About 130 episodes to go. FML.

Why don't you just do something else? I'm sure you could find some way of avoiding it.

Hedgehog 22-10-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15467857)
******* Gilmore Girls. My mrs has decided to watch it, and it is the blandest, dullest load of guff I've ever seen. Shes been watching it for a couple of weeks now and its only on series 2 of 7. About 130 episodes to go. FML.

I think my wife watched everyone of those 130+ episode when they first came out. Fortunately it was when I was working and was on after my bedtime.

I can honestly say I never saw one episode, nor would want to.

Prince Phillip 22-10-2020 09:13 AM

'Baked in' needs to be stopped early, but I don't think it will be.

Reps AJ 22-10-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15468222)
'Baked in' needs to be stopped early, but I don't think it will be.

Stopped early you say? Sounds like the sort of thing that needs to be baked in

Maidstoned Eagle 22-10-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15468035)
When you have christened yourself chateauferret you are bound to look desperate whatever you write.


But yes, jeez is he trying too hard.

Wasn't it Orwell who made the correlation between using long, convoluted words and phrases and using it to hide a lack of intelligence?

Reps AJ 22-10-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15468280)
Wasn't it Orwell who made the correlation between using long, convoluted words and phrases and using it to hide a lack of intelligence?

Innit.

Maidstoned Eagle 22-10-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15468295)
Innit.

init.

Hedgehog 22-10-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15468280)
Wasn't it Orwell who made the correlation between using long, convoluted words and phrases and using it to hide a lack of intelligence?

Or they're Welsh...

Edit: Just to explain myself... I mean the long convoluted place names they have, not the people themselves!

beef 22-10-2020 06:05 PM

The smell of bleach

Slimbloke'H' 22-10-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15468356)
init.

Inuit.

west country boy 22-10-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 15468828)
Inuit.

Esquimau.

Maz 22-10-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15468833)
Esquimau.

Wasn't it Orwell who made the correlation between using outmoded words and phrases and using it to hide a lack of intelligence?

west country boy 22-10-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15468857)
Wasn't it Orwell who made the correlation between using outmoded words and phrases and using it to hide a lack of intelligence?

Whevs, brah. Eric Blair was a racist snob who needs to be cancelled.

Stellavista 22-10-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 15468816)
The smell of bleach

It's the taste I can't abide.

Hedgehog 22-10-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15468895)
It's the taste I can't abide.

Stick a UV light up your arse... apparently it makes it taste better!

Slimbloke'H' 22-10-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15468833)
Esquimau.

I'd have gone with intuit, myself... :)

FORZA SELHURST 22-10-2020 08:22 PM

You still wouldn't tango with one.

Olympian2 22-10-2020 08:43 PM

Karen Carney’s Alternative English.

‘The Arsenal defence was looking a bit unnervy there’

Chris K 23-10-2020 11:04 AM

Radio 6 just now having a very interesting discussion on the birth of acid house and then finishing the talk off by playing Liquid - Sweet Harmony which was released a few years down the line and bore no resemblance to the 80s sound. FFS

west country boy 23-10-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 15469414)
Radio 6 just now having a very interesting discussion on the birth of acid house and then finishing the talk off by playing Liquid - Sweet Harmony which was released a few years down the line and bore no resemblance to the 80s sound. FFS

To be fair, any article or programme about acid house is generally full of Boris Johnson levels of ignorance. Just play Sleezy D innit.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-10-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 15469414)
Radio 6 just now having a very interesting discussion on the birth of acid house and then finishing the talk off by playing Liquid - Sweet Harmony which was released a few years down the line and bore no resemblance to the 80s sound. FFS

Have you listened to the podcast series? Some dubious music selections in there.

Chris K 23-10-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15469424)
To be fair, any article or programme about acid house is generally full of Boris Johnson levels of ignorance. Just play Sleezy D innit.

Lost Control is phenomenal

Quote:

Have you listened to the podcast series? Some dubious music selections in there.
I wasn't aware of it until they mentioned it, i'll approach with caution. I've been listening to the 88 Podcast https://theeightyeightpodcast.com/ which is run by Wayne Anthony who used to do the Genesis parties and is a great listen

jhc 23-10-2020 12:07 PM

People in supermarkets (I've just come back) who either don't bother to put a mask on, have it around their neck, or have it covering their mouth but not their nose! Why bother? :wallbash:

And people blame the government for the spread of the virus:jerkit:
The majority obey the rules, but sadly a very sizable minority do not! There's such a lack of self responsibility in this country. No surprise things are as bad as they are. Rant over!

West Dorset Exi 23-10-2020 12:13 PM

Supermarkets who donít have a queuing system at checkout, causing social distancing to go out the window?

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 12:39 PM

Table Nazis who feel the need to treat you like a 4 year old every time you go into a pub.
Feels like we should all be friendlier after lockdown. Why work on the service industry if you don’t have any manners

Sick Bucket 23-10-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhc (Post 15469456)
People in supermarkets (I've just come back) who either don't bother to put a mask on, have it around their neck, or have it covering their mouth but not their nose! Why bother? :wallbash:

And people blame the government for the spread of the virus:jerkit:
The majority obey the rules, but sadly a very sizable minority do not! There's such a lack of self responsibility in this country. No surprise things are as bad as they are. Rant over!

Yup I speak to Chinese people every day, they're pretty much over this Covid lark. I'm sure it's because they are obedient, unlike us and the Europeans... 'I don't want to wear a mask... I NEED a holiday, Pub closing at 10.00 outrageous!' etc

Sick Bucket 23-10-2020 12:44 PM

Paper shopping bags. I'm all for reducing plastic, it's essential but a paper shopping bag is shit, just rips and falls to pieces if you actually put shopping in it.

Bit like plastic cutlery (but I've ranted about that on here already)

Chris K 23-10-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15469486)
Table Nazis who feel the need to treat you like a 4 year old every time you go into a pub.
Feels like we should all be friendlier after lockdown. Why work on the service industry if you donít have any manners

I've noticed it this in pubs since lockdown too. One girl in particular strutted round the place like she was running a fancy members only club in Mayfair when in reality it was a pub on a roundabout that has had good reviews for the quality of chicken wings it serves up

Maz 23-10-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15469490)
Yup I speak to Chinese people every day, they're pretty much over this Covid lark. I'm sure it's because they are obedient, unlike us and the Europeans... 'I don't want to wear a mask... I NEED a holiday, Pub closing at 10.00 outrageous!' etc

They have little choice but to obey. Not sensible to compare their behaviours with ours.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-10-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15469492)
Paper shopping bags. I'm all for reducing plastic, it's essential but a paper shopping bag is shit, just rips and falls to pieces if you actually put shopping in it.

Double bag.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-10-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15469509)
They have little choice but to obey. Not sensible to compare their behaviours with ours.

Spanish are obeying and not bitching anywhere near as much as the Brits.

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 15469499)
I've noticed it this in pubs since lockdown too. One girl in particular strutted round the place like she was running a fancy members only club in Mayfair when in reality it was a pub on a roundabout that has had good reviews for the quality of chicken wings it serves up

There was no one seating people in the pub I went to yesterday, I waited for 5 mins but no one.
So I felt I acted ina reasonable manner, got the app, checked in, left my deets etc, went and sat down outside. Two women proceeded to rush up to me shouting saying I need to wait and check in. They then told me off and sent me to the front where the lady was beckoning me with a single finger. I then had to check in again (as before) and was told off again. Not a pleasurable experience.

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15469521)
Spanish are obeying and not bitching anywhere near as much as the Brits.

Ooohhhh arenít you so good.

Selhurst Celtic 23-10-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15469533)
There was no one seating people in the pub I went to yesterday, I waited for 5 mins but no one.
So I felt I acted ina reasonable manner, got the app, checked in, left my deets etc, went and sat down outside. Two women proceeded to rush up to me shouting saying I need to wait and check in. They then told me off and sent me to the front where the lady was beckoning me with a single finger. I then had to check in again (as before) and was told off again. Not a pleasurable experience.

Why go somewhere that will treat you like that?

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15469538)
Why go somewhere that will treat you like that?

I was meeting a friend, the only one I have apart from you.

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 12:59 PM

Oh also the ****ers who try to charge you a service charge for ordering beers when you have no option. What a joke, 12.5% on top of the £6.50 pint just for you pricks to bring it out.
No wonder the service industry is on its knees.

Selhurst Celtic 23-10-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15469543)
Oh also the ****ers who try to charge you a service charge for ordering beers when you have no option. What a joke, 12.5% on top of the £6.50 pint just for you pricks to bring it out.
No wonder the service industry is on its knees.

If this is the same place as above then I'm glad you didn't choose me as your friend for the day.

It sounds like you were on a hot date to put up with that type of carry on, Stav.

art malice 23-10-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15469543)
Oh also the ****ers who try to charge you a service charge for ordering beers when you have no option. What a joke, 12.5% on top of the £6.50 pint just for you pricks to bring it out.
No wonder the service industry is on its knees.

Redwood at London Bridge is six pound a pint then another 75p to take it to your table.

No, i fvcking didnít pay it.

Prince Phillip 23-10-2020 01:41 PM

Even pre-Covid-19, any pre-ordained course of action you're expected to take when entering a pub, bar or restaurant annoys me - mainly because I always get it wrong...seat yourself, wait to be seated, pre-pay, you can't stand there to wait......etc, etc.
My utterly inept bewilderment of the arrangements on my first visit to Nando's certainly blew that particular date out of the water. IIRC you have to go to the till first & submit a Tripadvisor review or something like that.....it was all too much.

And then there's vouchers.......

west country boy 23-10-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15469559)
Redwood at London Bridge is six pound a pint then another 75p to take it to your table.

No, i fvcking didnít pay it.

The Hoxton Holborn (Holborn Hoxton?) adds a service charge when you get a pint from the bar.

The swish hotel bar near Shepherdís Bush tried to do the same but luckily for me and PM, PP was there and having none of it. The barman first of all claimed it was impossible to take the ďtipĒ off but soon buckled when confronted by Chezza-rage.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 23-10-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15469559)
Redwood at London Bridge is six pound a pint then another 75p to take it to your table.

No, i fvcking didnít pay it.

Jeez. All they insist on here is when you have been t o the bar to get your drink you sit down.

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15469548)
If this is the same place as above then I'm glad you didn't choose me as your friend for the day.

It sounds like you were on a hot date to put up with that type of carry on, Stav.

Donít tell Mrs Stav or itíll be a very expensive evening when she takes me to the cleaners.

little al 23-10-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15469533)
There was no one seating people in the pub I went to yesterday, I waited for 5 mins but no one.
So I felt I acted ina reasonable manner, got the app, checked in, left my deets etc, went and sat down outside. Two women proceeded to rush up to me shouting saying I need to wait and check in. They then told me off and sent me to the front where the lady was beckoning me with a single finger. I then had to check in again (as before) and was told off again. Not a pleasurable experience.

I'd have walked out.

Slimbloke'H' 23-10-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15469615)
I'd have walked out.

Feckin' right! £6+ a pint would have been enough!

If any pub here tried to add service charges they'd be on there arse in days. Oh, and £3.65 a pint sounds about right... :)

Selhurst Celtic 23-10-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15469611)
Donít tell Mrs Stav or itíll be a very expensive evening when she takes me to the cleaners.

I was making the assumption that Mrs Stav was your hot date. I think of you fondly and as a gentleman.

Worksop Palace 23-10-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15469559)
Redwood at London Bridge is six pound a pint then another 75p to take it to your table.

No, i fvcking didn’t pay it.

Is this serious? Pubs charging for compulsory delivery of beer to tables?

Fvck that.

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15469676)
I was making the assumption that Mrs Stav was your hot date. I think of you fondly and as a gentleman.

she cant afford my rates

Jim Cannon 23-10-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhc (Post 15469456)
People in supermarkets (I've just come back) who either don't bother to put a mask on, have it around their neck, or have it covering their mouth but not their nose! Why bother? :wallbash:

Combination of fashion statement and act of rebellion, the neck wearers IMO.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-10-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15469535)
Ooohhhh arenít you so good.

Seeing as its for hypochondriacs like you, then you should be more appreciative of our sacrifices.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-10-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15469533)
There was no one seating people in the pub I went to yesterday, I waited for 5 mins but no one.
So I felt I acted ina reasonable manner, got the app, checked in, left my deets etc, went and sat down outside. Two women proceeded to rush up to me shouting saying I need to wait and check in. They then told me off and sent me to the front where the lady was beckoning me with a single finger. I then had to check in again (as before) and was told off again. Not a pleasurable experience.

Turn on your heel, call your mate and tell him (or her) you will meet them elsewhere as you won't be meeting people in a bar run by rude pricks.

Stellavista 23-10-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15469576)
My utterly inept bewilderment of the arrangements on my first visit to Nando's certainly blew that particular date out of the water. ....

Taking the date to a Nando's in the first place should have scuppered your chances. What were you thinking?

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15469943)
Seeing as its for hypochondriacs like you, then you should be more appreciative of our sacrifices.

I have a sniffle

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15470058)
Taking the date to a Nando's in the first place should have scuppered your chances. What were you thinking?

Seeing how a date acts in Nandoís pretty much dictates the relationship going forwards.

Selhurst Celtic 23-10-2020 05:25 PM

I've never been to, or eaten a Nando's. True story.

Jim Cannon 23-10-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15470219)
I've never been to, or eaten a Nando's. True story.

snap

The closest I got to going in a Nando's was when I went to where I knew there was a branch of Lloyds bank to get some cash, only to discover the bank had closed down and had become a Nando's. So I got no cash and no grub

Hedgehog 23-10-2020 05:58 PM

I'm posting this on behalf of my wife as it has somewhat of a funny ending...

Driving to an eye doctor's appointment yesterday with my wife. I had the Sat Nav going to avoid traffic delays.

We are listening to an oldies radio station and the DJ is telling a story between records.

As he is getting to the punch line, the Sat Nav breaks in and says, "In 100 feet turn right". My wife shouts at me, "Why did you do that, I was listening to him". After explaining I have no control over the Sat Nav butting in I say I will turn it off.

I hit the voice command button and say, "Cancel Route". At the same time she is telling me to stop doing that as I've cut off the DJ again. Her jabbering makes the VC not understand me and asks if I need help and proceeds to list a bunch of options. To which my wife rather loudly says "**** You!"... The VC comes right back and says, "Tuning to channel 52".

Well it made us laugh anyway!

(Disclaimer: My wife is a sweet little thing really - I would hate you to think she was otherwise)

Stavros 69 23-10-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15470219)
I've never been to, or eaten a Nando's. True story.

They don’t serve leeks

Alfies army 23-10-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15470219)
I've never been to, or eaten a Nando's. True story.

Donít worry your not missing anything!:supergrin:

west country boy 23-10-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15470219)
I've never been to, or eaten a Nando's. True story.

And yet you ate at your fellow Nordy's Brick Lane Cereal Killer Cafe every day until they thankfully shut down recently.

I treated my Dear Old Mum to a Nando's last time she was in the London and she said it was "f~cking skill and that".

Maidstoned Eagle 23-10-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15470122)
I have a sniffle

Of course you do.

cross_eyed_ed 24-10-2020 09:31 AM

The Damned charging £75 a ticket for their shows next year. I saw them a couple of years ago in Folkestone for £25. Hardly in tune with the punk ethos, so I won't be going.

Bluewater eagle 24-10-2020 10:21 AM

Our wonderful local MP who last night posted her response to local businesses giving free meals to children,
" I am delighted to see our local businesses have bounced back so much after lock down that they are able to give food away for free, and very much hope they will not be seeking any further support from the government"

After the backlash she has attacked local news sites for reporting what she said.

TheMexicanHorse 24-10-2020 01:30 PM

introduction of people wishing Ill on Others il because theydear to Have a difference of opinion on an issue.with all the stuff going on in the world at the moment It just seems a bizarre Mentality to have...

art malice 26-10-2020 01:33 PM

Rod Liddle called us Nigels in his Sunday Times column yesterday. He’s the former editor of Radio 4’s Today programme.

HOVE EAGLE 26-10-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15474243)
Rod Liddle called us Nigels in his Sunday Times column yesterday. Heís the former editor of Radio 4ís Today programme.

Knuckledragger

Purepalace 26-10-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE (Post 15474252)
Knuckledragger

Yep and has history ...https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=125037

chateauferret 26-10-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15474243)
Rod Liddle called us Nigels in his Sunday Times column yesterday. Heís the former editor of Radio 4ís Today programme.

Apparently I'm expected to pay if I want to read him insulting us. Well no chance of that.

Panther 26-10-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15474243)
Rod Liddle called us Nigels in his Sunday Times column yesterday. Heís the former editor of Radio 4ís Today programme.

Never understood that nickname. Nigel is surely upper class and toffish, hardly what you expect in Norwood or Croydon. Mind you, those using it do tend to be pretty thick.

Sick Bucket 26-10-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 15474278)
Never understood that nickname. Nigel is surely upper class and toffish, hardly what you expect in Norwood or Croydon. Mind you, those using it do tend to be pretty thick.

It's a Millwall thing, I suppose compared to them we are upper class and toffish.

Is there still a Millwall flag hanging in a window on Whitehorse lane? (that annoyed me). TBH the fact someone could hang that there for years and not get any serious grief does rather prove our Nigel tag has an air of truth, imagine the other way around, that window would've needed replacing every 2 weeks.

fang 26-10-2020 02:56 PM

Didn't they call us the 'Stripey Nigels' because of the shirts?

chateauferret 26-10-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15474286)
It's a Millwall thing, I suppose compared to them we are upper class and toffish.

Is there still a Millwall flag hanging in a window on Whitehorse lane? (that annoyed me). TBH the fact someone could hang that there for years and not get any serious grief does rather prove our Nigel tag has an air of truth, imagine the other way around, that window would've needed replacing every 2 weeks.

Compared to them frogspawn is upper class and toffish.

My father had a shop on Loampit Vale and they used to chuck bricks at his windows on a regular basis. I don't think they can have known that he was a clown, because he didn't make it at all obvious, it was just because they were nasty violent obnoxious *****.

west country boy 26-10-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15474299)
Compared to them frogspawn is upper class and toffish.

My father had a shop on Loampit Vale and they used to chuck bricks at his windows on a regular basis. I don't think they can have known that he was a clown, because he didn't make it at all obvious, it was just because they were nasty violent obnoxious *****.

Maybe they just knew who you were?

Maidstoned Eagle 26-10-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15474272)
Apparently I'm expected to pay if I want to read him insulting us. Well no chance of that.

Yeah, why pay when there's plenty of us on here who will do that for free, you pretentious ballsack.

Riley 26-10-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15474243)
Rod Liddle called us Nigels in his Sunday Times column yesterday. Heís the former editor of Radio 4ís Today programme.

Rod Liddle from the Sunday Times, with the jelly from a pork pie...

bubbs11 27-10-2020 07:06 AM

Grapes...you just don’t know what you’re getting.

Buy a punnet one week and they taste unbelievably good. There are literally angels singing heavenly tunes as I place each sweet green juicy ball into my mouth.

The following week...dear God no! I might as well have had a lick of my cats litter tray after she’s been. The sourness is excruciating.

Why are they so temperamental? Nature...sort it out!

KYLIE MINEAGLE 27-10-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugs76 (Post 12061988)
Going to a petrol station which is disguised as a supermarket and having to wait to fill up while some inconsiderate sod is deciding to do their weekly shopping.:veryangry

Going to a petrol station and having TV adds fired at me from the TV on top of the pump as soon as I take the nozzle out.

Happy Arthur 27-10-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15474826)
Grapes...you just donít know what youíre getting.

Buy a punnet one week and they taste unbelievably good. There are literally angels singing heavenly tunes as I place each sweet green juicy ball into my mouth.

The following week...dear God no! I might as well have had a lick of my cats litter tray after sheís been. The sourness is excruciating.

Why are they so temperamental? Nature...sort it out!

Have you tried the candy floss ones? Not sure if they are considered wronguns in the grape world tho..

Sick Bucket 27-10-2020 07:58 AM

You'll probably have to make do with raisins next year thanks to Brexit.

HOL_Beagle 27-10-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15474243)
Rod Liddle called us Nigels in his Sunday Times column yesterday.

TBH, I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

bubbs11 27-10-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 15474830)
Have you tried the candy floss ones? Not sure if they are considered wronguns in the grape world tho..

Had to google it. Never heard of them before but will put some in my trolley next week and report back. :p

Maidstoned Eagle 27-10-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15474833)
You'll probably have to make do with raisins next year thanks to Brexit.

Not if you grow your own. #eu4evah

ExiledStirling 27-10-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15474826)
Grapes...you just donít know what youíre getting.

Buy a punnet one week and they taste unbelievably good. There are literally angels singing heavenly tunes as I place each sweet green juicy ball into my mouth.

The following week...dear God no! I might as well have had a lick of my cats litter tray after sheís been. The sourness is excruciating.

Why are they so temperamental? Nature...sort it out!

This is very true, though your descriptive prose mentioning cat litter means I will never buy grapes ever again.

The same applies to mangoes re their quality and may I be as bold as to state this is of far more importance than the taste of the humble grape.

Blind_Eagle 27-10-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15474865)
Had to google it. Never heard of them before but will put some in my trolley next week and report back. :p

I tried them recently, they were ok. Nothing special other than the price.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.