CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 05-10-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Got up this morning to watch the game and forgot to zap the programme immediately after but luckily I didn't need to (sorry Ben, Strathers & Elliott).

Enjoyed the first half, which I agree with Ben, Miami just about took the honours but the second was a special teams bonanza ... I guess you could say lucky but I guess you make your own luck. The punt and kick blocks, would you consider that bad plays by the Phins or credit the Pats? I'm not sure ...

It's a shame it turned out like it did as the Phins put some good pressure on Brady and could have been a lot different ...

On the Kick Blocks, they were planned off game film of the first 3 weeks.

Great stuff though.

First blocked Kick since 2007 season for the Pats.

First blocked Punt since 2006 season for the Patriots.

First ever team with a Passing TD, Rushing TD, KR TD, Blocked FG TD and an INT TD.

Team played with a chip on their shoulder.

They still had them on their shoulder at the end and looking for revenge on the Ravens in 12 days time.

Benzhiyi 05-10-2010 01:01 PM

One positive:

Vontae Davis is now one of the top ten cornerbacks in the league.

Totally shut down Moss. (First time the big man has been held without a catch in a Pats uniform, for those who didn't watch.) Well played, Kiddo.

No shame in being Bess or Wake this morning either. Shame about the other 50...

Swanny32 05-10-2010 01:09 PM

The week I drop the Patriots D in my Eagles league and they go and score a huge 33 points! **** sake!

Swanny32 05-10-2010 01:10 PM

Still won my game though, went 3-0 this week.

pauldrulez 05-10-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
One positive:

Vontae Davis is now one of the top ten cornerbacks in the league.

Totally shut down Moss. (First time the big man has been held without a catch in a Pats uniform, for those who didn't watch.) Well played, Kiddo.

No shame in being Bess or Wake this morning either. Shame about the other 50...

Wake looked very good in the first half, but got stonewalled for much of the 2nd.

Real potential star there though.

Bess took what he was given. The Secondary didn't want to be beat deep. I'm surprised there were less Quick Slants to Marshall and let him run after the catch.

Davis is incredibly good. No doubt. Moss was asked after the game what happened and he said "Part of the gameplan".

Fair enough. If Tate, Welker and Hernandez are catching it, seems to be fine with him. It's the answer of a man who wants a Ring before he retires.

Some good pieces to the Miami team, few bits missing on the Offense, they'll come with time.

Just needs to click.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 05-10-2010 01:50 PM

Panthers wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett shoots himself in the foot by being arrested for a DWI. He's already been overlooked this season in favour of rookies like Gettis and Lafell. Then, with Steve Smith injured on Sunday, he does this. 2nd DWI I think, too. So that's probably it for him.

Swanny32 05-10-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Panthers wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett shoots himself in the foot by being arrested for a DWI. He's already been overlooked this season in favour of rookies like Gettis and Lafell. Then, with Steve Smith injured on Sunday, he does this. 2nd DWI I think, too. So that's probably it for him.

Glad I dropped him then!

saxoneagle 05-10-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Credit the Patriots. Thought we played pretty well (and just edged) the first half.

But that Tate kick return completely popped our aqua-orange balloon and our collective coaches, special teams and QB completely lost a plot. At which point New England do what good teams should: finished us off quickly, ruthlessly, and emphatically.

We were outcoached, outspecialteamed (that's an understatement by the way), and outquarterbacked. Brady showed at the end that he really wanted this one; I'm not sure our boys did. Certainly the belief that they had the first three weeks disappeared pretty quickly (and perhaps understandably) after Henne's first pick, on a drive which could have put us 14-3. That was the sickener, and then the Tate kick return suffocated us.

With the Packers, Steelers and Ravens next, make no mistake: our season is already over. And with the Bills in contention for 0-16, I'm forced into doing something I never hoped I had to: cheering for the Jets and Rex Ryan. Can't believe it's come to this.

I'd rather dig up my grandma, beat her to death and re-bury her than cheer on the Jets. :D

Swanny32 05-10-2010 03:34 PM

Ardeo is going to be on Sky Sports this week people, he got 8th in the country this week on the NFLUK fantasy football game!!

jazman 05-10-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I'd rather dig up my grandma, beat her to death and re-bury her than cheer on the Jets. :D

And happy thoughts .... ;) :o

jazman 05-10-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Ardeo is going to be on Sky Sports this week people, he got 8th in the country this week on the NFLUK fantasy football game!!

Great work :lux:

ardeo 05-10-2010 09:55 PM

I thank you :D

Jaserob 06-10-2010 02:29 AM

The Vikings are close to signing Randy Moss from the Patriots!!! Could be a great addition.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 06-10-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
On the Kick Blocks, they were planned off game film of the first 3 weeks

Would that be erm, regular publicly accessible film of the Dolphins, or um, more 'secret footage'.....

AddiscombeEagle 06-10-2010 07:57 AM

Randy moss to the vikings. Wow.

pauldrulez 06-10-2010 08:28 AM

Interesting.

Maybe Tate and Price can step up and are ready.

Tate has more catches than Moss as well.

Real shame though. Freak of a player.

oz_da II 06-10-2010 09:09 AM

Rumblings of a bit of a bust up yesterday between Moss and Bilicheat.

pauldrulez 06-10-2010 11:54 AM

I don't see that to be honest.

Bill and Randy actually got on well by all recognition. Better than I would have thought.

Moss and Kraft I could understand though.

I'm intrigued by it all.

He's 4th in receptions on the team and targetted once on Monday on the fake spike slant to the back shoulder.

Bill acknowledged that it was part of the gameplan to use him as the decoy and clear out room for Hernandez, Tate and Welker as well as the Running game.

Monday Night.

Guess who is returning to Revis Island? :D

y2rich 06-10-2010 11:55 AM

It's for a 3rd rounder which is a lot cheaper than V Jax wouldve cost. Be interesting to see if he can hook up with Favre straight away.
*restarts Madden franchise*

Swanny32 06-10-2010 01:15 PM

Has it all been agreed?