CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

spike 14-06-2021 10:30 PM

We may as well let Overton have a bowl and pick someone purely for their fielding!

Olympian2 14-06-2021 11:08 PM

This is going to sound a little selfish & I appreciate it doesn’t do Surrey’s bank balance any good but I rather enjoy socially-distanced, reduced capacity cricket at the Oval. Plenty of room to spread out, easy to get a beer & easy and quick to get in & out.

I’m rather hoping that I get to keep my 2x SL ODI tix as I expect that will be reduced capacity, too.

ANDYEAGLE 15-06-2021 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15842475)
This is going to sound a little selfish & I appreciate it doesn’t do Surrey’s bank balance any good but I rather enjoy socially-distanced, reduced capacity cricket at the Oval. Plenty of room to spread out, easy to get a beer & easy and quick to get in & out.

I’m rather hoping that I get to keep my 2x SL ODI tix as I expect that will be reduced capacity, too.

Come off it I know you missed the kisso Gram. Good night tonight. loads of room. Not too much dopey music and not being frisked on entrance.
And it's 3/3. Bit tighter tonight after a great Roy innings. Still think we are a batsman short. Long way to go yet.
Note their best player by far was the Aussie from RSA.

Old Joe Paxton 15-06-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15842526)
Come off it I know you missed the kisso Gram. Good night tonight. loads of room. Not too much dopey music and not being frisked on entrance.
And it's 3/3. Bit tighter tonight after a great Roy innings. Still think we are a batsman short. Long way to go yet.
Note their best player by far was the Aussie from RSA.

Labuschagne is Glamorgan. I saw part of his innings on You Tube. He’s rather good.

Maiden Eagle 15-06-2021 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15842475)

I and a couple of others have got tickets for this. Have you got any idea, how we will be informed, if we can still go to this ?

Olympian2 15-06-2021 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 15842627)
I and a couple of others have got tickets for this. Have you got any idea, how we will be informed, if we can still go to this ?

I received this at 9pm last night from Surrey :

The Club is aware of this evening’s statement from the Prime Minister announcing the delay in the progress of the national Covid-19 road map.

This announcement affects four Vitality Blast games at The Kia Oval as well as the Royal London One Day International between England and Sri Lanka on Thursday July 1st.

The Club are currently consulting with the ECB and will be in touch with all affected ticket holders within the next 48 hours.

Surrey County Cricket Club Members will always receive priority when allocating tickets for matches with limited capacities.

Maiden Eagle 15-06-2021 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15842639)
I received this at 9pm last night from Surrey :

The Club is aware of this evening’s statement from the Prime Minister announcing the delay in the progress of the national Covid-19 road map.

This announcement affects four Vitality Blast games at The Kia Oval as well as the Royal London One Day International between England and Sri Lanka on Thursday July 1st.

The Club are currently consulting with the ECB and will be in touch with all affected ticket holders within the next 48 hours.

Surrey County Cricket Club Members will always receive priority when allocating tickets for matches with limited capacities.

Thanks

I suspect that last paragraph, probably rules us out:( But, fair enough.

Ardent Eagle Forever 15-06-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 15842375)
Three games in the T20 Blast and three wins

Matt Dunn
v Glamorgan 0-20 (1 over)
v Somerset 1 - 21 (2 overs)
v Middlesex 0-27 (2 overs)

Bowled thirty balls and conceded 68 runs and keeps getting picked for the team
The opposition must look forward to seeing the team sheets

Bet you slag Palace players off as well ��

Surrey won all three games convincingly. Fast bowlers are on a hiding to nothing in T20. They're either spot on or get hammered to all sides more often than not.

Mick 15-06-2021 10:41 AM

Assume the cc game v Somerset in July will now be socially distanced as well.

johnbush 15-06-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 15842375)
The opposition must look forward to seeing the team sheets

I bet they are. "Let's see, who am I bowling to tonight?
Oh yes, Roy, Jacks, Evans, Smith, Sam Curran, Overton, Tom Curran, etc etc. Can't see any problems there."

ANDYEAGLE 15-06-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15842924)
Assume the cc game v Somerset in July will now be socially distanced as well.

Yes. But we are waiting to hear on the capacity allocated. Being a county game you would have thought anyone wanting to go will be able to. The 20/20 games will be more interesting allocation wise. Will cost Surrey a lot of money especially as members will be getting priority.

Olympian2 15-06-2021 10:50 PM

Huge win for Middx tonight, chasing down 215 to beat Hants.
Sussex also looking ominously good.

RobertCPFC 15-06-2021 11:20 PM

Kent lost tonight against Somerset by 47 runs.

We are back playing tomorrow against Glamorgan.

Rob Agates 15-06-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15843841)
Sussex also looking ominously good.

And Rashid Khan is still to arrive.

ANDYEAGLE 16-06-2021 10:06 AM

Just got my 20/20 tickets for next week on site. All now social distancing of course. Happy with that. Final game against Kent not up yet.

RobertCPFC 16-06-2021 11:21 PM

Kent beat Glamorgan by 40 runs. Kent scored 144 but then bowled Glamorgan out for 104.

We have gone top for now but do not play again until Sunday. It's almost certain we will drop at least one place and maybe two by then.

ANDYEAGLE 18-06-2021 10:26 AM

At the Oval last night. I think everyone who went knew that there was not going to be much play. We are all nuts. Certainly a washout today and a good chance of one Monday.
Will leave Surrey unbeaten after 6. Not the way we want it though. Bloody weather.

Roy and the 2 Currans on England duty after today. What a great signing Plunkett was.?
How many games has he played?

Olympian2 18-06-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15847607)
At the Oval last night. I think everyone who went knew that there was not going to be much play. We are all nuts. Certainly a washout today and a good chance of one Monday.
Will leave Surrey unbeaten after 6. Not the way we want it though. Bloody weather.

Roy and the 2 Currans on England duty after today. What a great signing Plunkett was.?

Indeed. It was good to sit in the Lake balcony for the 1st time (Lock balcony - the next level up - was not open yet), have a free Yardbird via my ‘Gould credit’ & watch Will Jacks take Tymal Mills apart, even if it was just for one over.

Sussex line-up looks well strong.

ANDYEAGLE 18-06-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15847624)
Indeed. It was good to sit in the Lake balcony for the 1st time (Lock balcony - the next level up - was not open yet), have a free Yardbird via my ‘Gould credit’ & watch Will Jacks take Tymal Mills apart, even if it was just for one over.

Sussex line-up looks well strong.

How much is the credit they gave us?. Not used mine yet. I will for sure though.

Webb 18-06-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15847607)

Madness they stop serving and closed the bars once the abandonment announcement came last night, at least under block 6 of the OCS stand where I was. I went up to get a few more beers and to try stay in the ground to watch the football on the screens, beer was already poured and lined up behind the counter but they weren't selling. I don't understand the club logic sometimes.

On a more serious and sombre note, it's nine years to the day Tom Maynard died. :(