CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Latvian Eagle 26-09-2008 11:17 AM

With regards to the Denver orange jersey isn't it a symbol of their past? I read they used to wear orange jerseys before they changed to navy in the 90s?

Personally quite like the Lions and Bengals alternate jerseys. Aren't the sleeves on the Seahawks white jersey navy blue, not grey!? :confused:

nookiebear 26-09-2008 11:21 AM

Best kits (in no particular order)

Steelers home kit (also loved those yellow retro helmets)
Ravens home kit
Chargers light blue kit (like the white helmet as well)
Oakland Raiders home kit
Miami dolphins home kit

(one more from me - Houston Oilers home kit)

Worst
Cardinals home (awful logo)
Bengals home
Houston Texans
Titans home and away
Patriots retro kit

Strathclyde Eagle 26-09-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nookiebear
(one more from me - Houston Oilers home kit)
Good shout. :p

If you're talking about jerseys not worn any more then the list is:

1) Dolphins mid-90s home (like Elliott I'm not into drop shadows either).
2) Patriots home mid-80s (I liked the red/white/blue shoulder combination).
3) Rams road, 70s-90s (subject of a post here before I think).
4) Oilers home.
5) The white Eagles jerseys of the Randall Cunningham era.

P.S. Ben and Elliott, don't laugh about the fact that the newest friend on my Facebook page is a girl called Chrystal who spells her name with an "h". I'm almost certain she's never worked for Diadora.

Strathclyde Eagle 26-09-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
Personally quite like the Lions and Bengals alternate jerseys. Aren't the sleeves on the Seahawks white jersey navy blue, not grey!? :confused:
I'm pretty sure it is that graphite/gray colour that is the same as the home jerseys.

nookiebear 26-09-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Good shout. :p

If you're talking about jerseys not worn any more then the list is:

1) Dolphins mid-90s home (like Elliott I'm not into drop shadows either).
2) Patriots home mid-80s (I liked the red/white/blue shoulder combination).
3) Rams road, 70s-90s (subject of a post here before I think).
4) Oilers home.
5) The white Eagles jerseys of the Randall Cunningham era.

P.S. Ben and Elliott, don't laugh about the fact that the newest friend on my Facebook page is a girl called Chrystal who spells her name with an "h". I'm almost certain she's never worked for Diadora.

If we're going retro then add this Redskins kit to the mix

Loved that one

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...edskins_lg.jpg

Strathclyde Eagle 26-09-2008 12:27 PM

Looks a bit too similar to Florida State for my liking.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/cont...sanders200.jpg

Doing a search for this I saw a Deion Sanders/Florida State jersey. Tempting to me for a player I liked but who never played for the Fins. Could be tempted by a Barry Sanders Oklahoma State jersey as well.

Then again, the last time I was tempted to go down that route was when I was in Atlanta four years ago and thought about getting a certain Virginia Tech jersey. Looking back I'm glad gave in to that impulse.

If I got a Ronnie Brown Auburn jersey PFiA would never speak to me again, so that rules that out really. :cool:

saxoneagle 26-09-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle


P.S. Ben and Elliott, don't laugh about the fact that the newest friend on my Facebook page is a girl called Chrystal who spells her name with an "h". I'm almost certain she's never worked for Diadora.


I used to work with a girl called Chrystal.

jazman 26-09-2008 01:15 PM

At least the shirts don't fluctuate as much as football shirts here ... is that something that has always been the case as a rule?

Strathclyde Eagle 26-09-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
I used to work with a girl called Chrystal.
Let's be honest, the h is just wrong.

pauldrulez 26-09-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nookiebear
Best kits (in no particular order)

Steelers home kit (also loved those yellow retro helmets)
Ravens home kit
Chargers light blue kit (like the white helmet as well)
Oakland Raiders home kit
Miami dolphins home kit

(one more from me - Houston Oilers home kit)

Worst
Cardinals home (awful logo)
Bengals home
Houston Texans
Titans home and away
Patriots retro kit

Do you mean this one?

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0...AAAAACZY9A.jpg

Possibly my favourite of the 3 kits available and will be used for the 50th anniversary year I believe.

I have a Troy Brown shirt in that colour. (Or should I say had, since I have no idea where the hell it is)

saxoneagle 26-09-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Let's be honest, the h is just wrong.
She was Bermudian and they have much weirder names than just Chrystal with an h!

nookiebear 26-09-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
Do you mean this one?

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0...AAAAACZY9A.jpg

Possibly my favourite of the 3 kits available and will be used for the 50th anniversary year I believe.

I have a Troy Brown shirt in that colour. (Or should I say had, since I have no idea where the hell it is)

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/imag.../017025254.jpg

pauldrulez 26-09-2008 03:39 PM

I like it, no surprise there though.

For those interested,

http://www.patriots.com/homePAGE/

The 2nd link on the media centre is the full Troy Brown retirement announcement, an emotional exit and one that leaves no doubt that it will definitely be the end of his career. The last question is from one of his kids, how he didnt break down and burst into tears I dont know.

A great man, holds the record for receptions that will only be beaten in the next 15 years if Welker has another 2007 season and if the Pats get a new rookie WR that stays loyal to the franchise.

I must find the throwback jersey with his name on it, or buy another one.

saxoneagle 26-09-2008 03:40 PM

That uniform is horrific.

pauldrulez 26-09-2008 03:48 PM

The NFL Schedule rotation ends after the 09 season after running for 8 years and I presume it will be kept on.

Also, this is really for the Pats and Dolphins fans.

We supposedly had the easiest schedule this year with the two Western Divisions on our schedule. Although there are some long trips to the west coast.

Next year are the two Southern divisions
Colts, Titans, Jags, Texans.
Bucs, Falcons, Saints, Panthers.

Along with the two wildcard games which are probably the AFC North and South.

I personally think it will be a very hard year for the Pats with Brady next year.

So, Superbowl 2011 is ours for the taking :D

pauldrulez 26-09-2008 03:49 PM

Well,

I like the shirt with Bradys name on it, it looks better without the horrible trousers

saxoneagle 26-09-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
The NFL Schedule rotation ends after the 09 season after running for 8 years and I presume it will be kept on.

Also, this is really for the Pats and Dolphins fans.

We supposedly had the easiest schedule this year with the two Western Divisions on our schedule. Although there are some long trips to the west coast.

Next year are the two Southern divisions
Colts, Titans, Jags, Texans.
Bucs, Falcons, Saints, Panthers.

Along with the two wildcard games which are probably the AFC North and South.

I personally think it will be a very hard year for the Pats with Brady next year.

So, Superbowl 2011 is ours for the taking :D

What are you talking about wildcard games???

The schedule is:
Your division (6 games)
Another div in conf (4 games)
Another div out of conf (4 games)
Other teams in conf who finished in same position (2 games) We finished top last year so we played all the top placed teams (Colts, Steelers)

Well, hopefully we'll finish bottom of the east this year and get to play the bottom of the North (Browns? Bengals?) at home and West (Chiefs?) away next year, too.

http://www.tealdragon.net/sports/nflschd.htm

Not sure where "wildcard" comes into anything...

Strathclyde Eagle 26-09-2008 04:44 PM

The home one was white with red trousers.

Odd to see a SB XX pic with Eason actually standing upright. ;)

Fins have a trip to Atlanta next year. Sooooooo tempting from my point of view. If the game takes place in September... no, can't even think about it rationally.

Edit: Pats' 85 home kit:
http://images.wikia.com/openserving/...Tony_Eason.jpg

jlmatthews 26-09-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle


Odd to see a SB XX pic with Eason actually standing upright. ;)


:lux: :lux: :lux:

pauldrulez 26-09-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
What are you talking about wildcard games???

The schedule is:
Your division (6 games)
Another div in conf (4 games)
Another div out of conf (4 games)
Other teams in conf who finished in same position (2 games) We finished top last year so we played all the top placed teams (Colts, Steelers)

Well, hopefully we'll finish bottom of the east this year and get to play the bottom of the North (Browns? Bengals?) at home and West (Chiefs?) away next year, too.

http://www.tealdragon.net/sports/nflschd.htm

Not sure where "wildcard" comes into anything...

I dont know why I put wildcard :D, was in a rush.

As long as we dont get the Steelers we'll be fine :D


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.