CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

CT_Palace 25-02-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13510005)
This is not me people. Although you probably all guessed by the fecking rich bit.

No need to say that Pete.

This guy was a complete twat.

mart63 26-02-2017 01:11 AM

Any advert on television that involves men wearing women's underwear.
I know John Cleese needs the cash as he has not been funny for about 30 years, but the advert where he wears a stocking over his head is a particular shocker.

CT_Palace 26-02-2017 12:54 PM

Partial eclipse of the sun today in Santiago (about 70%)

Literally not even the slightest hint of a cloud in the sky since mid December and today....?

yes, you guessed it

:wallbash:

Hedgehog 26-02-2017 05:49 PM

Over security on Bank websites.

Latest one today... went to view a scan of a cheque only to find out I have to be sent a identification code to view it.

Crazy!

CT_Palace 26-02-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13510974)
Over security on Bank websites.

Latest one today... went to view a scan of a cheque only to find out I have to be sent a identification code to view it.

Crazy!

beginning in Jan this year two finance websites: US Bank for my old mortgage and Optum Health (my HSA) changed their websites so that you can only view them if you're (or your IP address) is in the US. I mention the IP address as this is SO easy to get round if you're even only a half-hearted criminal that it's a joke and simply just another inconvenience in the name of security.

Blind_Eagle 26-02-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 13505913)
The rich and famous congratulate themselves for being rich and famous and give each other awards for being rich and famous and of course it all needs to televised because the darlings clearly need more exposure and recognition.

If they ever legislate again this sort of behaviour and decide on a suitable punishment such as death, may I put myself forward as willing to carry out parliament's wishes for free.

Nobby excepted.

PeterH 26-02-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13510722)
Partial eclipse of the sun today in Santiago (about 70%)

Literally not even the slightest hint of a cloud in the sky since mid December and today....?

yes, you guessed it

:wallbash:


LOL

Isle of Wight 26-02-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13511321)
beginning in Jan this year two finance websites: US Bank for my old mortgage and Optum Health (my HSA) changed their websites so that you can only view them if you're (or your IP address) is in the US. I mention the IP address as this is SO easy to get round if you're even only a half-hearted criminal that it's a joke and simply just another inconvenience in the name of security.

It's why I gave up on first direct. They had a new secure key that needed yet another password and another pin to remembering top of the first two. I just couldn't add any more with all my credit and debit card pins so this was the final straw.

Am Phibian 27-02-2017 12:23 AM

Absolutely stonking gorgeous, green-eyed, long black-haired, doll faced beauty giving me the eye and a massive smile.

Blind_Eagle 27-02-2017 12:25 AM

That annoys you? :eek:

Am Phibian 27-02-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13511573)
That annoys you? :eek:

It wouldn't if I were twenty five years younger and free and single :)

She was only about 21

Hedgehog 27-02-2017 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13511431)
Nobby excepted.

I think I just saw him on the red carpet in his claret and blue retro Palace shirt.

Looked good with the bow tie.

Worksop Palace 27-02-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 13511572)
Absolutely stonking gorgeous, green-eyed, long black-haired, doll faced beauty giving me the eye and a massive smile.

Prossie

little al 27-02-2017 08:56 AM

The Oscars being forced down our throats, in face the whole awards season.

Polak 27-02-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 13509809)
:rolleyes: Dog owners. Dog owners who allow their mutts to jump all over you and lick you taking it for granted that you love them because they do. Get your stinking hound off me!

I was cutting the hedge and this little shitbag dog and its owner came up. The dog then pissed on the clippings. I complained to the owner saying that I had to tidy those up he said there isn't much piss in him with a stupid bemused look. Well you tidy them up then. :wallbash:
Keep your bloody dog to yourself.

Polak 27-02-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 13511572)
Absolutely stonking gorgeous, green-eyed, long black-haired, doll faced beauty giving me the eye and a massive smile.

Did you take a photo?

wedgetail 27-02-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13510974)
Over security on Bank websites.

Latest one today... went to view a scan of a cheque only to find out I have to be sent a identification code to view it.

Crazy!

This banking security doesn't seem to apply to fraudsters and money launderers.

Am Phibian 27-02-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13511644)
Prossie

I think she might have been as well.

Am Phibian 27-02-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 13511702)
Did you take a photo?

Would have been a bit weird as she was behind a shop counter. So yes i did.

Looked very much like the suicidal chick in Linkin Park's 'Crawling' video but a bit curvier and a bit prettier than her.

Annoying

elgin eagle 27-02-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 13511775)
Would have been a bit weird as she was behind a shop counter. So yes i did.

Looked very much like the suicidal chick in Linkin Park's 'Crawling' video but a bit curvier and a bit prettier than her.

Annoying

Will be reading the 'how much have you spent today' thread with interest ;)

Am Phibian 27-02-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13511801)
Will be reading the 'how much have you spent today' thread with interest ;)



Not going near the place even though I have a stonking cold, it's a chemist's, or next it'll be a male menopausal ponytail and Harley-Davidson on the menu and I can't be having that.

elgin eagle 27-02-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 13511809)
Not going near the place even though I have a stonking cold, it's a chemist's, or next it'll be a male menopausal ponytail and Harley-Davidson on the menu and I can't be having that.

:) She might prefer the older man, you never know. Either that or she was smiling at your tongue on the floor. Just go in and ask her about penis reduction operation advice leaflets.

Reps AJ 27-02-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 13511809)
Not going near the place even though I have a stonking cold, it's a chemist's, or next it'll be a male menopausal ponytail and Harley-Davidson on the menu and I can't be having that.

Go in and buy some condoms... and viagra

ChiswickEagle 27-02-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13507426)
One kiss, unless you are a twatish posh c*nt or French.

I'm checking my family tree.

Selhurst Celtic 27-02-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 13511871)
I'm checking my family tree.

Are you really that keen to score 2 out of 2?

Jordan's Jacket 27-02-2017 04:44 PM

Indiscriminate use of the word genre

SeanPalace84 27-02-2017 08:06 PM

The club charging 20 for two lost season tickets. Wallets get lost etc but most companies don't charge that much for lost cards.

chrisophiex 27-02-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13511801)
Will be reading the 'how much have you spent today' thread with interest ;)


:D

lauren_of_hove 27-02-2017 10:22 PM

Liverpool FC

Oddjob 28-02-2017 09:25 AM

At the ticket barrier when your ticket doesn't work, so rather than going to get help, just continue to insert it / swipe it only to receive the same error message again and again holding up everyone else.

Oddjob 28-02-2017 09:26 AM

Despite it having been a social convention for years, people who still stand 2 abreast on an escalator on the tube.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-02-2017 02:15 PM

Sky TV moving the Arsenal game to a Monday night therefore rendering my booked weekend in the UK Palace free. *****

WLYWLYAWYPWF 28-02-2017 02:53 PM

The sound of pouring water. In quiet showroom and someone else waiting starts sorting themselves a hot drink. I just wanted to hurt them during the pouring process. Left it at a dirty look in the end.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 28-02-2017 02:55 PM

People slurping hot drinks and making an exaggerated aghhhhhhh noise after every f*cking sip. :veryangry

CT_Palace 28-02-2017 04:42 PM

Desperately slow walkers who drift across the path so you don't know which side to get passed them.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 28-02-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13513631)
Desperately slow walkers who drift across the path so you don't know which side to get passed them.

When I'm pushing my disabled nephew I enjoy smashing his wheelchair in to their ankles. Very therapeutic.

SgtStryker 28-02-2017 05:13 PM

Went to my local barbers, bright n early, one other person waiting. Unfortunately he was a bearded hipster who wanted the full Monty doing, trimming, plucking, tweezing ffs if I hadn't wanted a haircut when I went in!!
Full set w....r!!!!

richdeniro 28-02-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13513631)
Desperately slow walkers who drift across the path so you don't know which side to get passed them.

Slow walkers who walk right in the middle of relatively narrow passageways where if they stood to one side or the other people could pass easily.

elgin eagle 28-02-2017 05:34 PM

The timed levels in candy crush saga.

PALACEWU 28-02-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13513703)
Slow walkers who walk right in the middle of relatively narrow passageways where if they stood to one side or the other people could pass easily.

See also whole families walking side by side, sometimes even all holding hands. :wallbash:

richdeniro 28-02-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 13513714)
See also whole family's walking side by side, sometimes even all holding hands. :wallbash:

The passageway to get into Victoria Station between Superdrug and Starbucks at rush hour is renowned for this :veryangry

Payroll Legend 28-02-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13513716)
The passageway to get into Victoria Station between Superdrug and Starbucks at rush hour is renowned for this :veryangry

That entrance to LV is div central. I'm just about to negotiate it now

Stellavista 28-02-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 13512216)
Indiscriminate use of the word genre

And iconic.

art malice 28-02-2017 07:01 PM

And narrative.

Payroll Legend 28-02-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13513809)
And narrative.

And eclectic

Stellavista 28-02-2017 09:44 PM

'Must see'.

Stellavista 28-02-2017 09:45 PM

Harry Hill

stamford triumph 28-02-2017 09:49 PM

Regular announcements at King's Cross that 'vagrants operate in this area, please don't encourage them'. Should we really be demonising homeless people in this way? Are we becoming Trump's America already?

mushroom 28-02-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13514054)
Harry Hill


My friend gave a lift to Harry Hill and his young daughter a few years ago. A real top man. He arranged for my friend to have free tickets to TV Burp.

Maz 28-02-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford triumph (Post 13514063)
Regular announcements at King's Cross that 'vagrants operate in this area, please don't encourage them'. Should we really be demonising homeless people in this way? Are we becoming Trump's America already?

Good call.

Oldtown Eagle 28-02-2017 10:07 PM

Jamie Vardi.

DocSavage 28-02-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 13514101)
Jamie Vardi.

seconded albeit vardy

little al 28-02-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 13514069)
My friend gave a lift to Harry Hill and his young daughter a few years ago. A real top man. He arranged for my friend to have free tickets to TV Burp.

Tickets are free anyway.

mushroom 01-03-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13514348)
Tickets are free anyway.


Yes, but there is a long waiting list.
I was driving a train, it got cancelled... Harry was on it, I asked him where he was going... I knew a colleague was driving home that way, so asked him to give HH a lift (he was dropping presents off at his mums). When he got out the car, he gave a business card to my mate and said call this number in 10 mins. When my friend phoned the number some bloke had arranged for tickets to tv burp.

My mate said he'd phone back with some dates... but never bothered.

mushroom 01-03-2017 12:10 AM

His mum lives in a lovely house, and anyone who travels to Bexhill by train will pass it. (Graham Norton has a house there as well)

Maidstoned Eagle 01-03-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 13514407)
His mum lives in a lovely house, and anyone who travels to Bexhill by train will pass it. (Graham Norton has a house there as well)

And that annoys you?

art malice 01-03-2017 03:03 PM

Must be annoysy house

little al 01-03-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 13514404)
Yes, but there is a long waiting list.
I was driving a train, it got cancelled... Harry was on it, I asked him where he was going... I knew a colleague was driving home that way, so asked him to give HH a lift (he was dropping presents off at his mums). When he got out the car, he gave a business card to my mate and said call this number in 10 mins. When my friend phoned the number some bloke had arranged for tickets to tv burp.

My mate said he'd phone back with some dates... but never bothered.

When I went a good fw years ago, we applied for 4 tickets, and got them for a few days later. And it was shit.

Maidstoned Eagle 01-03-2017 03:12 PM

Kids watching other kids on You Tube playing video games......what the ****?!

Selhurst Celtic 01-03-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 13514404)
Yes, but there is a long waiting list.
I was driving a train, it got cancelled... Harry was on it, I asked him where he was going... I knew a colleague was driving home that way, so asked him to give HH a lift (he was dropping presents off at his mums).

My train got cancelled last night. As I'm only a minor celebrity no train driver offered to arrange a lift home for me. It was Shrove Tuesday and I didn't get to eat pancakes with my kids before they went to bed. Instead I had to eat pancakes all by myself topped with lemon, sugar and lonely tears.

So for the purposes of this thread, Southeastern and 'celebrities' getting benefits because they are 'celebrities' and bollox to the proles.

PhuketEagle 02-03-2017 06:34 AM

Selhurst Celtic - 'So for the purposes of this thread, Southeastern and 'celebrities' getting benefits because they are 'celebrities' and bollox to the proles.'

Same as Premier League 'celebrity' teams getting benefits & bollox to the teams of proles!
(eg:See Manure)

elgin eagle 02-03-2017 06:43 AM

Propaganda

Isle of Wight 02-03-2017 07:49 AM

Fat people taking up two seats on the train.

the digger 02-03-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13513472)
Sky TV moving the Arsenal game to a Monday night therefore rendering my booked weekend in the UK Palace free. *****

Come watch Dulwich Hamlet vs Lowestoft instead.

Selhurst Celtic 02-03-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13515377)
Propaganda

Is that when a cockney has a really, really good look at something?

pallet 02-03-2017 09:55 AM

Powercuts, had one for over an hour last night, it was like being back in the 70.s.

simplex 02-03-2017 10:02 AM

Pronunciation of Buoy as Boo'wee

andyocpfc 02-03-2017 10:23 AM

Food that doesn't contain meat.

BERT'S HEAD 02-03-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13515445)
Powercuts, had one for over an hour last night, it was like being back in the 70.s.

No excuse for not doing your homework.

andyocpfc 02-03-2017 11:32 AM

Things that annoy you
 
Said it before and will saying it again. The continuous need to people to have a pop or slate the team/club on social media official sites like Facebook. There's so much light hearted pictures and smiles been shown about which obviously makes everyone feel a little better about things, especially after a much needed win and yet they're still out with the likes:

Stop smiling and concentrate on winning.
Enough of this PR crap.
Shouldn't they be training?
We're/( insert player) is crap!

So tiresome and so unnecessary and monotonous.

Pub Idol 02-03-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13515505)
Said it before and will saying it again. The continuous need to people to have a pop or slate the team/club on social media official sites like Facebook. There's so much light hearted pictures and smiles been shown about which obviously makes everyone feel a little better about things, especially after a much needed win and yet they're still out with the likes:

Stop smiling and concentrate on winning.
Enough of this PR crap.
Shouldn't they be training?
We're/( insert player) is crap!

So tiresome and so unnecessary and monotonous.

I know I sound like HDeagle but why would anyone write stuff like that?

The internet is a wonderful thing but has given a voice for sad-sacks who previously had no platform. I am as critical as the next person but in a season like this if you cant be happy and enjoy it when we win what is the point ?

andyocpfc 02-03-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 13515522)
I know I sound like HDeagle but why would anyone write stuff like that?

The internet is a wonderful thing but has given a voice for sad-sacks who previously had no platform. I am as critical as the next person but in a season like this if you cant be happy and enjoy it when we win what is the point ?

I agree. If people are really like this in real life or at games then they should just give up supporting Palace as clearly they will never be pleased. I can't work out whether they truly believe all they write or like the fact that their view/name can be seen across the world by anyone that has liked the CPFC site from all angles of the globe. Thankfully the media team never respond but occasionally I would love for them to delete and block these trolls. I'm sure it happens on all football club's media pages though.

Wayne Andrews is God 02-03-2017 12:28 PM

Patronisingly starting a sentence with: "Im sorry but..."

You are not sorry, people dont need your sorry, just say what you are going to say.

SeanPalace84 02-03-2017 01:20 PM

When a Brighton fan goes to you 'Your brave living down here aren't you'? I have had it loads through the years but never had any trouble. **** OFF!

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 02-03-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 (Post 13515606)
When a Brighton fan goes to you 'Your brave living down here aren't you'? I have had it loads through the years but never had any trouble. **** OFF!

Yep, feeling your pain. Why do people assume Sussex is all Brighton? Growing up in the north of the county, Brighton could have been in another country as far as I was concerned.
And SE25 was nearer to my home than the Goldstone - so Palace were my local team.

Maidstoned Eagle 02-03-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 13515402)
Come watch Dulwich Hamlet vs Lowestoft instead.

Going to spend the afternoon at Boxpark, coming?

Sluggo 02-03-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13515377)
Propaganda

Always seemed an innocuous little band to me. :confused::clown:

Selhurst Celtic 02-03-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 (Post 13515606)
When a Brighton fan goes to you 'Your brave living down here aren't you'? I have had it loads through the years but never had any trouble. **** OFF!

You wait until you get your head stuck between some railings down there, young man.

DryRubber 02-03-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 13515632)
Yep, feeling your pain. Why do people assume Sussex is all Brighton? Growing up in the north of the county, Brighton could have been in another country as far as I was concerned.
And SE25 was nearer to my home than the Goldstone - so Palace were my local team.

Other than living away during my uni days I have lived all my life in Sussex (Crawley). During this time it was very rare to see any Brighton fans at all until the last few years.

Maidstoned Eagle 02-03-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13515724)
You wait until you get your head stuck between some railings down there, young man.

Do you still pretend it happens to you?

fioreuk 02-03-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 (Post 13515606)
When a Brighton fan goes to you 'Your brave living down here aren't you'? I have had it loads through the years but never had any trouble. **** OFF!

Brave :lux::supergrin: Kin hell...yeah they're such a scary bunch.

Not this this week anyway, though. All gone back to supporting their proper teams so you're safe

Selhurst Celtic 02-03-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13515738)
Do you still pretend it happens to you?

By accident? Yes.

Selhurst 'Leisure Centre' Celtic.

Stavros 69 02-03-2017 04:04 PM

God Squadders - got one next to me today, said he would pray for me as I have a cold.
WTF !!!

Maidstoned Eagle 02-03-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 13515767)
God Squadders - got one next to me today, said he would pray for me as I have a cold.
WTF !!!

Tell him you got full blown AIDs, and you got it by bumming monkeys.

elgin eagle 02-03-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 13515767)
God Squadders - got one next to me today, said he would pray for me as I have a cold.
WTF !!!

Should have shook his hand ;)

Stavros 69 02-03-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13515827)
Tell him you got full blown AIDs, and you got it by bumming monkeys.

I wear a badge explaining that already.

richdeniro 02-03-2017 08:48 PM

Short queues at the escalators to get to the walking on the left part when on the tube and someone can't be bothered to join the back so marches right the way to the front to cut in.

People getting off a packed rush hour tube and don't know which way to walk but instead stands right in the doorway looking at signs when about 20 people behind them are also trying to get off.

Walking alongside someone going at a similar pace but they have to turn to go a different direction and rather that allow you to continue at your normal stride and slow down to turn behind you they decide to turn right into your path forcing you to come to a complete halt.

When the reach the top/bottom of a escalator and it goes flat someone not bothering to walk it and insists on standing right until the escalator ends.

Platforms 15-19 at Victoria Station and no one seems to walk on the left as you approach/leave the barriers.

cappuccinoeagle 03-03-2017 12:13 AM

The news still droning on about the Oscar mix up. Who cares? The bloke gave out the wrong envelope,that's all,no one died!

jrnicholson 03-03-2017 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13516038)

When the reach the top/bottom of a escalator and it goes flat someone not bothering to walk it and insists on standing right until the escalator ends.

I do that. I just love the magic of moving stairs and want to get the most from the experience. There's something special about gliding up to the get off point!

Sorry

JJ 03-03-2017 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrnicholson (Post 13516243)
I do that. I just love the magic of moving stairs and want to get the most from the experience. There's something special about gliding up to the get off point!

Sorry

:)

Do you lift your toes up so you get the full slide effect?

JJ 03-03-2017 04:22 AM

This week - Thursday to be exact = first sessions of football training for the kids for their winter comp that starts at the beginning of April.

On Wednesday it pisses down, then again on Thursday morning, so I call the council wet weather line, because they are anal down here about closing grounds at the merest whiff of rain. Sure enough there's some smug bastard's recorded message: "As of 3pm on Thursday 2nd March, all grounds are closed for training, but only for all codes of football." WTF? So if we were training for mud wrestling to churn the pitch up it'll be fine, but obviously all the 8-10 year olds, wearing only trainers because they're not allowed to wear boots until April anyway, will clearly destroy the pitch.

Once council closes the grounds we're not allowed to use them, the club gets fined blah blah. So I took my son for a kickabout there, we both wore football boots (my pathetic little protest), the sun was shining, the grass was newly cut, and the ground was dry. It was perfect for football, in fact.

Council = idiots.

PeterH 03-03-2017 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13516202)
The news still droning on about the Oscar mix up. Who cares? The bloke gave out the wrong envelope,that's all,no one died!

Some no marks have sent the accountants death threats via social media though.

Joe85 03-03-2017 08:17 AM

Another morning poo.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 03-03-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 13516258)
This week - Thursday to be exact = first sessions of football training for the kids for their winter comp that starts at the beginning of April.

On Wednesday it pisses down, then again on Thursday morning, so I call the council wet weather line, because they are anal down here about closing grounds at the merest whiff of rain. Sure enough there's some smug bastard's recorded message: "As of 3pm on Thursday 2nd March, all grounds are closed for training, but only for all codes of football." WTF? So if we were training for mud wrestling to churn the pitch up it'll be fine, but obviously all the 8-10 year olds, wearing only trainers because they're not allowed to wear boots until April anyway, will clearly destroy the pitch.

Once council closes the grounds we're not allowed to use them, the club gets fined blah blah. So I took my son for a kickabout there, we both wore football boots (my pathetic little protest), the sun was shining, the grass was newly cut, and the ground was dry. It was perfect for football, in fact.

Council = idiots.

You could be living in he Sutherland shire.

Little Fozzie 03-03-2017 01:52 PM

The club shop offering a 'sale' on shirts for 30 that ended last week, only to then start flogging the shirts for 20 or 2 for 30 less than a week later

fioreuk 03-03-2017 01:53 PM

Zoe "mid life crisis" Ball...

cantspell 03-03-2017 01:55 PM

Night time closures if motorways/ a roads - yesterday I was in reading and avoided the m3 as I knew there was a night tone closure so took the m25 and a3 back home. 2 sections of the m4 down to 1 lane leading to queues - 2 sections of m24 down to 1 lane causing more queues and the a3 closed at tolworth leading to a huge jam at the tolworth roundabout. Understand the need for roadworks but so many in a relatively short distance [emoji35]

foresthillbilly 03-03-2017 02:01 PM

I am getting older. There is too much that annoys me about modern life that would make me have to take several days and many, many posts to fit it all in.

Hopefully, I'll be dead soon. And perchance, taking some scum with me

stinky 03-03-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13516038)
Short queues at the escalators to get to the walking on the left part when on the tube and someone can't be bothered to join the back so marches right the way to the front to cut in.

People getting off a packed rush hour tube and don't know which way to walk but instead stands right in the doorway looking at signs when about 20 people behind them are also trying to get off.

Walking alongside someone going at a similar pace but they have to turn to go a different direction and rather that allow you to continue at your normal stride and slow down to turn behind you they decide to turn right into your path forcing you to come to a complete halt.

When the reach the top/bottom of a escalator and it goes flat someone not bothering to walk it and insists on standing right until the escalator ends.

Platforms 15-19 at Victoria Station and no one seems to walk on the left as you approach/leave the barriers.

I feel you need a change of career. Something a bit closer to home maybe.

Polak 03-03-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13516038)
Walking alongside someone going at a similar pace but they have to turn to go a different direction and rather that allow you to continue at your normal stride and slow down to turn behind you they decide to turn right into your path forcing you to come to a complete halt.

Someone walking at the same pace in front of you then stops dead to look at their phone. Turned to see who the miscreant was and found that it was Diane Abbott.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.