CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

SteveyHawking 23-04-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
First pick of the draft isn't till 1am. Don't think I'm going to be staying up for that as I have a busy days work the next day. Shame, have really been looking forward to the draft.

I've taken time off work for it. How sad am I?! :D

pauldrulez 23-04-2012 11:56 AM

I've got a great weekend ahead!

Thursday - Draft time!
Friday - Sleep time! Then Example at the O2, then 2nd & 3rd rounds of the Draft
Saturday - Palace, Cherries, 4th-7th rounds via Twitter

Funk Butter 23-04-2012 03:22 PM

So it looks like Mike Smith overruled Arthur Blank, the Falcons will not be on Hard Knocks this year. It was all but done, but it was decided that they didn't want the distractions.

pauldrulez 23-04-2012 10:21 PM

I have a question.

Will the Saints have a first round pick in the next 4 years?

For an organisation so liked throughout the NFL, they are in one hell of a mess.

If ESPN are right about the latest accusation, they might as well shut down the team.

Clinton100 23-04-2012 10:32 PM

I rarely post on the BBS but have to say that as I massive Bucs fan I'm finding this Saints stuff hilarious. It's not going to help encourage Brees to sign the franchise tender either!

What an off-season!

Funk Butter 23-04-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I have a question.

Will the Saints have a first round pick in the next 4 years?

For an organisation so liked throughout the NFL, they are in one hell of a mess.

If ESPN are right about the latest accusation, they might as well shut down the team.

They might be loved by the common fan but are loathed throughout the NFL. At the Super Bowl, Goodell had to threaten Sean Payton and his staff to turn up for all the required media events. Then you have the Vicodin theft ring and now openly defying the NFL on cleaning up this bounty mess originally.

Weeden trying to go for some late draft rise-age.

LLCOOLSTEVE 23-04-2012 11:44 PM

Roster size increase is interesting

pauldrulez 24-04-2012 10:56 AM

I like Weeden. Possibly better than Tannehill, though the age difference is big.

Then again, if Weeden is a franchise QB, who cares about his age. You might get 5-8 years out of him.

Paddy Power offering 4/1 on over 3.5 QBs drafted. Think i'll have a mid-range wager on it. 3 is a guarantee, I think 4/1 on Weeden (or even the flying-up-the-boards Osweiler) being drafted in the first is very reasonable odds

SteveyHawking 24-04-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

I like Weeden. Possibly better than Tannehill, though the age difference is big.

Then again, if Weeden is a franchise QB, who cares about his age. You might get 5-8 years out of him.

Paddy Power offering 4/1 on over 3.5 QBs drafted. Think i'll have a mid-range wager on it. 3 is a guarantee, I think 4/1 on Weeden (or even the flying-up-the-boards Osweiler) being drafted in the first is very reasonable odds

If there is a team to draft another QB after the first three fly off the board it'll be the Browns with their second first-rounder probably for Weeden unless they keep the faith with McCoy. Not bad odds though.

pauldrulez 24-04-2012 12:52 PM

Could see a team moving into the first at the bottom of the round (trade with Pats/Ravens/Niners) to take Weeden

LLCOOLSTEVE 24-04-2012 03:01 PM

Is that true about Tebow being the punt protector?!

Funk Butter 24-04-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Roger Staubach was a 27 year old rookie, so the age shouldn't be an ultimate deciding factor. Of course, GMs are reminded recently of Chris Weinke, but it's not like this guy has 10 football years on him. Five baseball years is like 1 football year, or less.

peagle 24-04-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Is that true about Tebow being the punt protector?!

Seems it. I think that's a fairly sensible role to put him in really, gives them the opportunity to fake punt more easily which would be his responsibility as the punter's personal protector. Will be one of many roles he does I'd assume.

pauldrulez 24-04-2012 05:13 PM

This mess is going to result in Ryan and Tannenbaum losing their jobs.

I don't see anyone hiring Rex as a head coach ever again. A Defensive co-ordinator? Yes. A Head Coach? God no.

Flat Noodle 24-04-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Same bet on Bet365 is at 9/4. Great odds @ PP :eek:

Funk Butter 24-04-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) A person familiar with the talks says the Atlanta Falcons are trying to acquire cornerback Asante Samuel from the Philadelphia Eagles before the NFL draft.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity on Tuesday because the deal, which may include a draft pick, is not complete.

The 31-year-old Samuel, a four-time Pro Bowl pick, would give the Falcons' new defensive coordinator Mike Nolan a strong trio at cornerback with Dunta Robinson and Brent Grimes, who Tuesday signed his franchise tag tender.

Samuel's contract calls for him to earn $9.9 million in 2012 and $11.4 million in 2013. He might rework the deal to help the trade fit the Falcons' salary cap.

The Falcons have six picks but no first-round selection in the NFL draft.
Wonder what they'll send the other way. That salary is nuts considering Robinson is making $5M this year (after waiving $3M and deferring another $3M) and Grimes just signed the franchise tender for $10M or something.

Funk Butter 24-04-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Noodle
Same bet on Bet365 is at 9/4. Great odds @ PP :eek:

I put it up on both BM threads, I can't see Cleveland wanting to risk sitting at 37 for Weeden to fall to them. I'm hoping they trade up (or down from #22) to guarantee Weeden.

I guess I rate Courtney Upshaw more than the draft dudes. If he winds up in Pittsburgh, he will be dominant in a couple of years. I also like Floyd long-term more than Blackmon.

pauldrulez 24-04-2012 08:07 PM

Give me any of the 1st round Bama guys (Richardson, Barron, Upshaw, Kirkpatrick, Hightower) at #27 and I'd be delighted.

I don't think any of them will be there though.

oz_da II 24-04-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
Seems it. I think that's a fairly sensible role to put him in really, gives them the opportunity to fake punt more easily which would be his responsibility as the punter's personal protector. Will be one of many roles he does I'd assume.

Oh dear... What's sensible about fake punts? :clown:

Quote:

This mess is going to result in Ryan and Tannenbaum losing their jobs.

Indeed. Au revoir Rexy! :hi:

Funk Butter 24-04-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Oh dear... What's sensible about fake punts? :clown:

You're right, that's stupid. With actually punting it a close 2nd :)

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009...dy-part-1.html