CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 07-12-2015 12:34 AM

Should never touch an official, should get a hefty fine for that. I reckon he's done that before.

Tom Brady's attempted tackle has been the highlight of the game for me. ;)

oz_da II 07-12-2015 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 12695256)

The punter's attempted tackle on Sproles was probably worse. :D

pauldrulez 07-12-2015 12:52 AM

That's what you get when you coach like a clown.

They did the surprise onside kick against Washington because they thought it would be easy.

They did it today because they thought it would be easy, they were wrong.

Get Brady and all the other premier players out of the game. Well, that'll just be Jamie Collins because the rest of them are bang average without Gronkowski and Hightower to make them look better.

Little Fozzie 07-12-2015 01:12 AM

Don't worry, still plenty of time to **** this up...

Little Fozzie 07-12-2015 01:29 AM

Little Fozzie 07-12-2015 01:38 AM

Phew!

pauldrulez 07-12-2015 01:38 AM

At least they fought until the end. Pleasing to see that they nearly overcame 2 of the worst quarters in Belichicks Patriot history to come close to a team that appeared to be playing hard for its coach.

Belichick likes Chip Kelly... Someone had to!

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 07-12-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 12695285)
Phew!

Phew indeed... I thought we had blown it when Ertz muffed that onside kick recovery and Barner fumbling when we were in field goal range!!! :lux:

kayjay 07-12-2015 02:48 AM

New York game was good to watch.
The catching was of a particularly high standard (Marshall and Beckham mainly).
Boy, Fitzpatrick takes some hits but to his credit keeps bouncing back up to his feet.

kayjay 07-12-2015 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 12695256)

Yes, very funny :D

kayjay 07-12-2015 02:51 AM

Seahawks finding their mojo at the business end of the season

TeamSlack 07-12-2015 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo (Post 12690854)
As much as it is good to see big hits, they should have to tackle properly like in rugby, i.e. using their arms to wrap up and thus their shoulders to make a hit rather than just throwing themselves into people.

I think if they ruled out hits, they'd lose a ton of the audience and we'd be watching games with scorelines like the NBA All-Star Game...not very fun to watch at all.

Ollie Ox 07-12-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 12695286)
At least they fought until the end. Pleasing to see that they nearly overcame 2 of the worst quarters in Belichicks Patriot history to come close to a team that appeared to be playing hard for its coach.

Belichick likes Chip Kelly... Someone had to!

An interception return and a blocked punt return plus wasn't there a punt return too? All that in combination with the injuries plus the offense is built on short high percentage passes to set up the run. The recievers they have at the moment barring andemola aren't capable of that. Keyshawn was woeful. The oline has had too many changes through the season. Not many teams could withstand the above. All that considered it was tough viewing

Swanny32 07-12-2015 09:49 AM

A performance that iced over the cracks (more like canyons now) for a week. Still pretty woeful on offence and had the Patriots had one of their two good receivers fit, they'd have battered us. Brady had a bit of an off night and made our D look half decent.

Ollie Ox 07-12-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSlack (Post 12695328)
I think if they ruled out hits, they'd lose a ton of the audience and we'd be watching games with scorelines like the NBA All-Star Game...not very fun to watch at all.

I don't think it would make that much difference to score lines as defenders would just alter their technique to wrap up players rather than the killer hit.. My only concern is receivers being vulnerable to being hit low from all sides which could lead to more knee injuries. It's probably just because I'm a pats fan :-) ide like to see the stats to see if there is even a need for a rule change..

oz_da II 07-12-2015 10:02 AM

Difficult to wrap up players in the spread offences these days. On top of that there has been a big reduction in the NFL with practicing with pads (full contact). I think there are 14 practices with pads during the season and 8 during preseason. Same deal with the collegiate game so players are entering the league with poor tackling techniques to begin with.

Latvian Eagle 07-12-2015 08:52 PM

Think I heard something about 12-0?! :confused:

:moo::moo::moo:

Strathclyde Eagle 08-12-2015 05:47 AM

Awesome kick by Bailey.

3 way tie at the top of the NFC East with three teams who the same record as the Fins, who are bottom of the AFC East. :D

jazman 08-12-2015 10:19 AM

Christ, the East is a dire division if we are still in with a chance of the post season but fair play to the Cowboys last night. Dan Bailey is the man even if he is a Villa fan.

Latvian Eagle 08-12-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 12698317)
Christ, the East is a dire division if we are still in with a chance of the post season but fair play to the Cowboys last night. Dan Bailey is the man even if he is a Villa fan.

I remember when the East was really strong a couple of years ago. Funny how it all swings about. The Steelers and Ravens had the AFC North locked down for years now they are both pretty average.

One of the reasons the NFL is exciting I think. I mean look at us... 12-0, what did we finish when we got first pick for Cam like 4 years ago... 1-15 or 2-14 or something.