CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Dave Nunn 08-02-2010 04:21 AM

Woot Woot, time for bed!

Woof Woof!!!!

Hedgehog 08-02-2010 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle
Yup in coconuts! Going maaaaaaad!

Hope you are still there Monday for the Shuttle launch.

davematt 08-02-2010 06:00 AM

I really do F*cking love the Superbowl.

Great game, and The Who were absolutley amazing. What a performance!!

Just finishing up watching GameDay Final. Love the fact that still after over two hours of the game ending, there is stuff still going on.

Delighted for New Orleans. The City needed this. Seeing Drew Bree's looking pretty overwhelmed when holding his child was quite special.

The call to go for that an onside kick will go down in US Sporting history. The momentum shifted and it was an inspired piece of coaching by Sean Payton.

The Superbowl is such a incredible but pretty sad event. Its the ultimate way to finish off the season, but we now have a quiet seven months ahead (Well, apart from the Combine and the Draft).

Had a fantastic day; I watched all the build up from the morning onwards, and have just finished watching all the post game stuff.

Goodnight All :hi:

peagle 08-02-2010 08:52 AM

Great Game, The Who did Britain proud and had a generally great night! Got 3 hours sleep in the end :( Haha the game was worth it though, should be a fun day so long as no one tries to talk to me! xx

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 11:27 AM

Plus 21 quid on the betting front.

Every little helps.

Apart from David Thomas, though his blocking was excellent, it doesn't help with 1 reception for 9 yards :sob:

saxoneagle 08-02-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Manning.

Once a choker, always a choker.

4 time MVP, 4 time choker.

Such a shame

How many Superbowl rings do you have, fatboy?

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
How many Superbowl rings do you have, fatboy?

:S:

Choke.

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 11:35 AM

You must love chokers being a Favre fan anyway.

Speaking of which, shouldn't he be retiring, unretiring, retiring, having Brad Childress touch him up and then unretiring again.

saxoneagle 08-02-2010 11:46 AM

Yeh, you must be a really bad choker if you have any of the following:

NFL record for yards and TDs thrown
A Superbowl ring (all chokers get those)
Come back from being behind SEVEN times this season alone
Numerous winning seasons and play-off appearances

By your reckoning, Brady must be a choker too for the SB loss... No? Didn't think so.

oz_da II 08-02-2010 11:58 AM

I'd blame the Colts' defense. Brees went 28 for his last 32 passes including Colston's drop. Too easy.

Ollie Ox 08-02-2010 12:11 PM

WHat a game with some brilliant moments. the onside was astounding. i thought they were done at the end of the second quarter when they didn't get the 4th and 1 but to come back in the same half and get 3 and then do that. truly brilliant. a great game with two great offenses enjoyed it immensely

Kaberle15 08-02-2010 12:26 PM

Paul, bit harsh on Manning. Our defence didn't play particularly well, and NO's offence was good as always. Manning cant put up points on the touchline.

If Garcon had caught that simple catch, or if Baskett had decided to catch the onside kick instead of headbutting it to a Saints player, things might have been different.

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Yeh, you must be a really bad choker if you have any of the following:

NFL record for yards and TDs thrown
A Superbowl ring (all chokers get those)
Come back from being behind SEVEN times this season alone
Numerous winning seasons and play-off appearances

By your reckoning, Brady must be a choker too for the SB loss... No? Didn't think so.

Brady choked in SB42. But, one superglue catch and the worst called play of all time by the refs cost that match.

Brady has choked once from 4 and has never caused a playoff loss bar the game vs Ravens this year.

Manning cannot play in the playoffs. Check AFC Championship games or the game vs the Chargers last year.

Choker.

No coincidence that the first game he plays outside he loses.

Best Regular Season QB ever.

Nowhere near the best QB of all time.

You gotta have the rings to do it.

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaberle15
Paul, bit harsh on Manning. Our defence didn't play particularly well, and NO's offence was good as always. Manning cant put up points on the touchline.

If Garcon had caught that simple catch, or if Baskett had decided to catch the onside kick instead of headbutting it to a Saints player, things might have been different.

You say that, but if the Saints had got in from the Goalline or if the Saints D had turned up in the first quarter and a half, it would have been different.

oz_da II 08-02-2010 12:58 PM

Too many f'ing "if's" :clown:

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Too many f'ing "if's" :clown:

Exactly.

The Saints done what they said.

They played base/nickel D with no real change-up for 2 quarters.

3rd quarter they had a plan.

4th quarter they had more looks and they set up Manning perfectly.

Carlson called the play on BBC before it happened. One clears the route and goes left, the other comes across. Collie was open, he went for Wayne and Porter knew what was coming.

Great play.

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 01:11 PM

I'm not particular bothered by it, but I saw that Peyton Manning ran straight down the tunnel without shaking Breesus's hand.

No mention of it anywhere.

Brady got slaughtered for it.

I'm not bothered, it's up to the QB if they do it or not, but I guess because Manning has the stupid face, the stupid commercials and the ****** brother, he doesn't get half the stick that the hated Empire got because Bill and Tom ran off the field.

jookbeard 08-02-2010 01:14 PM

blooming eck Paul you must be knackered

pauldrulez 08-02-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jookbeard
blooming eck Paul you must be knackered

No. Slept from 3.30 to 9.30.

More than enough for me.

jookbeard 08-02-2010 01:22 PM

Paul , a chap on the HOL posted that The Superbowl gets a TV audience of over a Billion and is far more watched then the FA Cup Final(not hard) and the CL Final, I disagreed with him suggesting that even CL knockout matches must pull in audiences of over 2 billion and even EPL matches during the season must draw huge audiences I would imagine that a Liverpool/Man U game at any stage of the season must pull in 2 billion plus, with continents such as Central/South America,Africa, The whole of Europe and The whole of Asia alone must be worth a billion odd, what do you think?