CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 17-03-2010 05:19 PM

and we have offered a 1 year deal to Mike Bell, Saints have 7 days to match the offer or they get no compensation for him.

jazman 17-03-2010 05:25 PM

I like Mike Bell and what he did last season ... did a lot on 3rd downs ...

pauldrulez 17-03-2010 07:05 PM

Strong, tough runner.

Like him and would add yet another young player to the Eagles.

pauldrulez 17-03-2010 07:12 PM

Watching SSN and saw the NFL tab and thought something interesting had happened as they rarely have some shit on there.

"Washington Redskins sign QB Rex Grossman" Then it ticked off NFL.

Great, that's the news everyone wanted.

http://www.fallen-legion.eu/news/dat...leFacePalm.jpg

pauldrulez 18-03-2010 12:11 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...he-cant-throw/

The reason this intrigued me, is that there have been some decent reports coming out from ex-scouts, insiders and media guys, that McNabb is very much over-hyped by places and that a lot of teams wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for the guy, no matter a 1st.

With Vick being paid like a starter (you could call him a white elephant of a player, starters money, 3rd QB quality, looks good on the tin, but examine him and he sucks), and McNabb not rated anywhere near what the Eagles want in value, what the hell do they do?

Release Vick?

Take less value for McNabb?

You can't get rid of Kolb who is the future, so I guess it's at least one of the above options. Unless they get a Conditional 6th or something for Vick.

pauldrulez 18-03-2010 12:12 AM

Then again, the Raiders will probably send 2 firsts for McNabb and yet again they (along with myself) will look stupid.

SteveyHawking 18-03-2010 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
and we have offered a 1 year deal to Mike Bell, Saints have 7 days to match the offer or they get no compensation for him.

Got rid of that lazy douchebag Shawn Andrews too. No doubt Andy Reid will do his usual O-Line draft pick but there seem to be a strong group out there this year which is handy.

Swanny32 18-03-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Got rid of that lazy douchebag Shawn Andrews too. No doubt Andy Reid will do his usual O-Line draft pick but there seem to be a strong group out there this year which is handy.

:lux: :lux: :lux: :D :D :D

Swanny32 18-03-2010 09:44 AM

Cards sign Derek Anderson...........you sure!!??

jazman 18-03-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Cards sign Derek Anderson...........you sure!!??

That doesn't suprise me as I don't think they trust Leinhart ...

jazman 18-03-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...he-cant-throw/

The reason this intrigued me, is that there have been some decent reports coming out from ex-scouts, insiders and media guys, that McNabb is very much over-hyped by places and that a lot of teams wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for the guy, no matter a 1st.

With Vick being paid like a starter (you could call him a white elephant of a player, starters money, 3rd QB quality, looks good on the tin, but examine him and he sucks), and McNabb not rated anywhere near what the Eagles want in value, what the hell do they do?

Release Vick?

Take less value for McNabb?

You can't get rid of Kolb who is the future, so I guess it's at least one of the above options. Unless they get a Conditional 6th or something for Vick.

I thought I saw a rumour that someone was interested in taking Kolb as a starter ...

saxoneagle 18-03-2010 11:10 AM

Ignore Paul; he's too busy sucking off his "friends" in America and stealing their opinions to be of any use here.

ardeo 18-03-2010 11:13 AM

Anderson and Leinhart, I suppose Anderson might do better with much improved receivers, but can't see them doing much in the division.

jazman 18-03-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Ignore Paul; he's too busy sucking off his "friends" in America and stealing their opinions to be of any use here.

:D :o :p

jazman 18-03-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Anderson and Leinhart, I suppose Anderson might do better with much improved receivers, but can't see them doing much in the division.

Much of a muchness I guess but the change for Anderson may do him some good ... but agree, so many changes at the Cards will make is difficult for them next season

pauldrulez 18-03-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle

Must be enjoying your world trip to be on the BBS so much.

And these opinions were those of Peter King, Schefter and Florio.

I can't give my opinion on why I think McNabb is overrated/overhyped, because it would likely be considered racist.

pauldrulez 18-03-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I thought I saw a rumour that someone was interested in taking Kolb as a starter ...

They get rid of Kolb, they might as well give up their future as they'll need a new backup sooner rather than later.

Reid is going young, start Kolb to add to it.

ardeo 18-03-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
They get rid of Kolb, they might as well give up their future as they'll need a new backup sooner rather than later.

Reid is going young, start Kolb to add to it.

Kolb is the future, not sure how good that future will be, but i'd settle for what McNabb's done pretty much (with less injuries).

Personally i'd be happy to see McNabb go, he's either very good or pretty bad. If he's under pressure he tends to be pretty bad, even if he does give himself time by scrambling.

Swanny32 18-03-2010 12:48 PM

Our QB issue always seems to be a talking point and that alone tells me that people expect us to be competing for the Superbowl but ultimately end up failing due to our starting QB, this means that there is a problem and although I do like him and respect what he has done for us, I don't want him as our starting QB anymore, it's time for a change, unfortunately Reid doesn't seem to see it this way which is going to hinder us for the foreseeable future.

If nothing happens next year in regards to McNabb being dropped or traded away then I would want the owners to step in and say something. I sometimes feel that Reid isn't acting in the teams best interest and therefore if that is the case he should go. Keeping McNabb behind centre and failing season after season just isn't acceptable and the only people who can stop it from continuing is the owner Mr Lurie.

I don't for one second agree that owners of teams should get involved in team selection etc but at the end of the day when we have the quality of players that we have in Jackson, Celek, McCoy, Samuel, Bradley, Maclin, Weaver etc we should be competing season after season, ok so we made the playoffs last year but we should have had the NFC East tied up before the road game against the Cowgirls and we sure as hell shouldn't have been involved in the wild card weekend. McNabb needs to go, now.

jazman 18-03-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Our QB issue always seems to be a talking point and that alone tells me that people expect us to be competing for the Superbowl but ultimately end up failing due to our starting QB, this means that there is a problem and although I do like him and respect what he has done for us, I don't want him as our starting QB anymore, it's time for a change, unfortunately Reid doesn't seem to see it this way which is going to hinder us for the foreseeable future.

If nothing happens next year in regards to McNabb being dropped or traded away then I would want the owners to step in and say something. I sometimes feel that Reid isn't acting in the teams best interest and therefore if that is the case he should go. Keeping McNabb behind centre and failing season after season just isn't acceptable and the only people who can stop it from continuing is the owner Mr Lurie.

I don't for one second agree that owners of teams should get involved in team selection etc but at the end of the day when we have the quality of players that we have in Jackson, Celek, McCoy, Samuel, Bradley, Maclin, Weaver etc we should be competing season after season, ok so we made the playoffs last year but we should have had the NFC East tied up before the road game against the Cowgirls and we sure as hell shouldn't have been involved in the wild card weekend. McNabb needs to go, now.

I think has a lot to do with the lack of patience from the fans that you have. The home crowd are notoriously volatile and boo at each mistake made from what I understand. So I think the talking point does come from that to a certain extent. But you could argue that your consistency in recent seasons suggests that a SB appearance should have happened already if it wasn't for one thing or another....

I relate your QB 'issue' if it is indeed one of those to what we have in Romo. He wouldn't have lasted as long as he has at Dallas if he was in Philadelphia, I'm sure of that. But sticking with is starting to show signs of it being worth it, having a team moulded around him like a lot of the succussful teams have done, start with your QB and build from there ...