CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 30-04-2010 09:58 PM

There are always other contenders that will pop up. Be it TO, Pacman or some random Jets player (I'm looking at you Braylon Edwards, and you Rex Ryan).

SteveyHawking 01-05-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
have you read the book? I loved the film but the book is miles better.

Currently reading the book myself and it is one brilliant read. Big recommendation to anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

jazman 01-05-2010 10:41 AM

The more I look, listen and read the harder it is the understand all the hype about Tim Tebow. More so how was he drafted so high and why when there were ready and waiting potential starting QB's available .... Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn look like being ahead of him next season ... Talk is that McDaniels has done what Belichek would do and get someone in like that as quite a gamble ... the worst thing about it is that you would never know who was the number draft pick this year ...

pauldrulez 01-05-2010 11:14 AM

He's rated as the Ultimate College Football player.

And he has the leadership that teams need.

Then again, he has the talent of a 4th round pick when you convert him to the NFL.

I like how Belichick done the kid and his best mate Urban Meyer a favour, talked him up, took him out in public for dinner (something he never does) and then continually mentioned him in the run-up to the draft.

pauldrulez 01-05-2010 11:15 AM

Oh, and following on from the point you make about Orton and Quinn being ahead of him, I'd make a case that Tom Brandstater would be a better QB than him by the end of their careers if they both got a fair shot.

Swanny32 01-05-2010 03:27 PM

Crikey, all Holmes did was refuse to turn his iPod off as the plane was landing, I do that on every flight I have been on in the last 10 years! I never turn them off. Bit harsh.

pauldrulez 01-05-2010 04:17 PM

At the end of the day, if you're told to turn your iPod off and you don't, you are just creating problems for yourself.

Especially for someone in his position and being back in Pittsburgh.

Latvian Eagle 01-05-2010 06:50 PM

Tim Tebow... Would seem a good fit at Denver because of their players... BUt as mentioned there are two QBs already there, and to be honest Orton didn't have a BAD season last year.

I'm intrigued to see Sam Bradford for the Rams though. I seem to remember people last year saying he was a lot better than Matt Stafford was. I love this time of year. It's when the season starts and we play like a bunch of a***holes that I start to lose interest! :o

pauldrulez 01-05-2010 08:42 PM

Bradford for MVP! :lux:

Ted Ginn.

I can see 2 reasons why he drops the ball so much.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...allery_600.jpg

pauldrulez 02-05-2010 12:26 AM

I've gone right off the NFL Rants n Raves people.

Steven both on and off the show has turned into a pompous prick.

There is also strong bias against teams. i.e Eagles, Broncos, Patriots.

The final straw is slating Belichick for taking McCourty because he is 5'11. He then rattles off names of big WRs in the East and names Santonio Holmes. Yep, huge WR. At the same height of 5'11. If you are going to slate a pick, get your facts right.

Strathclyde Eagle 02-05-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Crikey, all Holmes did was refuse to turn his iPod off as the plane was landing, I do that on every flight I have been on in the last 10 years! I never turn them off. Bit harsh.

I agree. The charge of throwing a glass has apparently been admitted to by someone else too. Think the Jets have got a bargain for very little at all, and the Steelers have arguably got rid of the wrong person.

jazman 02-05-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I've gone right off the NFL Rants n Raves people.

Steven both on and off the show has turned into a pompous prick.

There is also strong bias against teams. i.e Eagles, Broncos, Patriots.

The final straw is slating Belichick for taking McCourty because he is 5'11. He then rattles off names of big WRs in the East and names Santonio Holmes. Yep, huge WR. At the same height of 5'11. If you are going to slate a pick, get your facts right.

To be honest, I still enjoy them ... I disagree, they have their likes and dislikes as anyone else has ... I just think that he has touched a raw nerve with you .... You say what you like on here and they say what they like on their, what's the difference?

saxoneagle 02-05-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
To be honest, I still enjoy them ... I disagree, they have their likes and dislikes as anyone else has ... I just think that he has touched a raw nerve with you .... You say what you like on here and they say what they like on their, what's the difference?


They're a little more educated? ;)

saxoneagle 02-05-2010 07:17 PM

Going to be in Texas in a couple of weeks and going to do the tour of the new Cowboys stadium :p

Hoping for some action when I reach the cheerleader dressing room :p

jazman 02-05-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Going to be in Texas in a couple of weeks and going to do the tour of the new Cowboys stadium :p

Hoping for some action when I reach the cheerleader dressing room :p

Excellent fella. Look forward to seeing the pics ... To say I'm jealous is an understatement ...

saxoneagle 02-05-2010 08:37 PM

I'll try and piss on the star too :p

jazman 02-05-2010 08:40 PM

Brilliant ...

saxoneagle 02-05-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Brilliant ...


I'd be even more inclined to do so if I knew TO would be kissing it at some point during the season :o

jazman 02-05-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I'd be even more inclined to do so if I knew TO would be kissing it at some point during the season :o

:D I'm with you on that .. great player and all that but he tainted the memories in his last season ...

pauldrulez 03-05-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
They're a little more educated? ;)

Doubt it, they're American :o

They're media people, i still enjoy the show but it'd be nice if they hadn't become so pompous recently.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.