CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 20-06-2010 02:39 PM

My two boys got me a great gift for father day today, a book on the history of my beloved Philly Eagles, it'll make good reading in France in a couple of weeks time.

pauldrulez 28-06-2010 10:18 PM

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37968033/ns/sports-nfl/

Quote:

ESPN.com is reporting that researchers say late Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry had a form of degenerative brain damage caused by multiple hits to the head.

Dr. Julian Bailes, director of the Brain Injury Research Institute at West Virginia University, told ESPN.com that chronic traumatic encephalopathy has been found in multiple areas of Henry’s brain.

Bailes and his colleagues plan to present results of their forensic examination at a news conference Monday.

Henry, 26, died on Dec. 17, 2009, of head injuries a day after he either jumped or fell from the back of a moving pickup truck being driven by his fiancee.

Henry’s mother, Carolyn Henry Glaspy, gave BIRI permission to examine his brain in detail.
And the Owners want an 18 game season....

AddiscombeEagle 28-06-2010 11:17 PM

wow. If that is true.......

jazman 28-06-2010 11:43 PM

well that will support the growing calls in recent seasons ...

zonin2000 03-07-2010 05:33 PM

First outing for my Eagles snack helmet, which I received for my birthday!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg692/sca...=640&ysize=640

Can't wait for the return of the NFL!

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 04-07-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonin2000
First outing for my Eagles snack helmet, which I received for my birthday!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg692/sca...=640&ysize=640

Can't wait for the return of the NFL!

Cool, I want one :lux: ;) Maybe I will photo my old style Eagles helmet mug for you all to see! :cool:

pauldrulez 07-07-2010 10:26 PM

Jets re-sign D'Brick for 6 years, $60m.

Ridiculous and a sure way to piss off not only Darrelle Revis, but the best lineman on that team Nick Mangold who is awaiting an expectation.

Ferguson is also not even a top 3 Left Tackle in the AFC East. Long, Vollmer and Light are all better than him.

We'll see how bad he is this year with Alan Faneca gone and a Rookie next to him instead

The Omen 09-07-2010 10:42 AM

I would like to get into NFL next season. I've tried a couple of times and failed, but I'll be relying on you guys to help me out :)

It's either NFL or NBA, and although I used to play a lot of basketball, it's never been that great a sport to watch on tv imo.

Bellyman 09-07-2010 10:45 AM

I am not the biggest fan of NBA, just bores me.

I will be trying to get a frew of my mates in to NFL this year! can't wait

jazman 09-07-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omen
I would like to get into NFL next season. I've tried a couple of times and failed, but I'll be relying on you guys to help me out :)

It's either NFL or NBA, and although I used to play a lot of basketball, it's never been that great a sport to watch on tv imo.

Welcome :hi:

A few tips;

1. ignore anything paul says
2. don't succumb to the pressure of the Philly fans
3. enjoy the banter

;) :o :p

ardeo 09-07-2010 02:07 PM

EAGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Tip 4

Pick a team to follow, by far the thing that helps the most get you into it.

Tip 5

Do fantasy football, means you'll watch out for more players know more about more teams, best way to improve your knowledge base. As the current champ it obviously means that everything I say is spot on. :)

AddiscombeEagle 09-07-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
EAGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Tip 4

Pick a team to follow, by far the thing that helps the most get you into it.

Tip 5

Do fantasy football, means you'll watch out for more players know more about more teams, best way to improve your knowledge base. As the current champ it obviously means that everything I say is spot on. :)

Tip 6

Get used to being knackered at work on a Monday morning due to having been up all night watching the football.

jazman 09-07-2010 02:14 PM

Tip 7

Ignore everything paul says ;)

ardeo 09-07-2010 02:15 PM

Tip 7

By Madden 2011, will help you understand more about formations and plays, as well as getting to know more players.

Absolutely loved that I knew Shonne Green scored from a Fake FB run HB toss in the play offs for the Jets, made my day :). Also helps to know the difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 defence.

ardeo 09-07-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Tip 7

Ignore everything paul says ;)

You've already had that one! I disagree anyway, ignore 99% of what Paul says :p

pauldrulez 09-07-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Welcome :hi:

A few tips;

1. ignore anything paul says
2. don't succumb to the pressure of the Philly fans
3. enjoy the banter

;) :o :p

Says the person who has agreed with me on a lot the last few weeks.

Disgraceful stuff, tut, tut.

Swanny32 10-07-2010 12:23 AM

Tip 8 - Get yourself a ticket for Wembley (Broncos @ 49ers) the atmosphere alone will get you hooked.

jazman 10-07-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
You've already had that one! I disagree anyway, ignore 99% of what Paul says :p

It's a point worth making more than once ... that's why ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Says the person who has agreed with me on a lot the last few weeks.

Disgraceful stuff, tut, tut.

Any credability I had on this site has gone in one post! Thanks Paul. You dobber :sob: ;) :o

The Omen 10-07-2010 10:26 AM

Ok so I should pick a team first I guess.

I've been very technical with my selection and based my decision on if I like the look of their logo :)

Oakland Raiders stood out at first because I used to have a baseball cap with their logo when I was a child (Although they were LA Raiders then). Not too keen on the whole black kit though...

So I have decided it is between the following:

Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins
Chicago Bears

Any advice on which one I should choose? Swaying towards the Bengals

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 10-07-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omen
Ok so I should pick a team first I guess.

I've been very technical with my selection and based my decision on if I like the look of their logo :)

Oakland Raiders stood out at first because I used to have a baseball cap with their logo when I was a child (Although they were LA Raiders then). Not too keen on the whole black kit though...

So I have decided it is between the following:

Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins
Chicago Bears

Any advice on which one I should choose? Swaying towards the Bengals

The Bungals....... :moo:

The Cleveland Browns cast-offs!!! :hi:

Still better than the other two and good to see no mention of the Cowgirls, well done sir!!!

I still think you should pick the Eagles though ;) :hi:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.