CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 03-08-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
McCoy > Bradford

Gerald McCoy, not Colt.

Colt will fit in well in a spread offense.

jazman 03-08-2010 07:29 PM

It's been pretty quiet on Colt McCoy if I'm honest ... then you compare that to Tim Tebow who has just signed a massive pay contract and doesn't look like playing much this season is at all ...

saxoneagle 03-08-2010 07:48 PM

McCoy > Bradford > Leinart > My gran who has been dead 20 years > Tebow

Leinart only marginally beat my gran.

Strathclyde Eagle 03-08-2010 08:00 PM

Would you like to try tackling him? He should have a place in the NFL, I'll be interested to see how he does, although as I've posted many times before, his performances against Tennessee and Alabama last year say to me it isn't going to be easy for him at the NFL level. However it won't be for lack of trying (hint hint Mr Leinart).

saxoneagle 03-08-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Would you like to try tackling him? He should have a place in the NFL, I'll be interested to see how he does, although as I've posted many times before, his performances against Tennessee and Alabama last year say to me it isn't going to be easy for him at the NFL level. However it won't be for lack of trying (hint hint Mr Leinart).

He isn't dealing with college defences anymore. And he won't ever be an NFL QB. Teach him to run routes and put him as a TE at least making use of his bulk.

pauldrulez 03-08-2010 08:13 PM

As he has been created to be on my Madden game, he should be a FB/H-back kind of guy.

But, i'm rooting for him. Took a lot of stick from analysts, so it would really wind them up if he succeeded.

pauldrulez 03-08-2010 10:21 PM

Jeremy Maclin carted off in Eagles practice.

Practice ended early because of it.

ardeo 03-08-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Jeremy Maclin carted off in Eagles practice.

Practice ended early because of it.

Oh dear :(

Swanny32 03-08-2010 11:47 PM

Nothing serious, just a twisted knee.

Favre has hung up his cleats!

pauldrulez 04-08-2010 12:15 AM

Bet he is playing against the Saints opening day.

Would put my car up as insurance on the bet.

C Nick Cole of the Eagles has a knee injury as well.

What is Andy Reid doing to them?

Swanny32 04-08-2010 12:17 AM

They are dropping like flies at the moment, Jackson, Maclin, Samuel, Bell, Bradley, Cole

Vince Hilaire's Afro 04-08-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Bet he is playing against the Saints opening day.

Is that who Green Bay have? ;)

jazman 04-08-2010 08:48 AM

Maybe I'm not the usual Cowboys fan. A lot of the media and fans are suggesting that Dez Bryant was being worked too hard. What? Working a rookie too hard? Surely that's the key to getting a new player included in the playbook, to see exactly what he can do? It seems that he will be around for week one of the season but likely he will miss pre-season which is a blow for him. I'm just glad that we didn't let Crayton go ...

oz_da II 04-08-2010 03:02 PM

A little bit desperate?

Quote:

The Minnesota Vikings are trying to keep Brett Favre for one more year by sweetening his paycheck, offering $16 million guaranteed plus incentives potentially worth $4 million more, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports. Favre was due to make $13 million this season.

zonin2000 05-08-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II

"It's not about the money"

Did anyone see the interview in his truck yesterday?

Classic US TV.

jazman 05-08-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
They are dropping like flies at the moment, Jackson, Maclin, Samuel, Bell, Bradley, Cole

I have to snigger a little at your comment a little while ago coming back to bite you on the ass..... :o

Swanny32 05-08-2010 02:58 PM

I have been reading up on their injuries and they are nothing to worry about, apparently if there was a game today they'd play.

I never made comment on injuries to any teams though, purely the unrest that Dez Bryant's actions could have caused

Vince Hilaire's Afro 05-08-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonin2000
"It's not about the money"

Did anyone see the interview in his truck yesterday?

Classic US TV.

It was more cagey than London Zoo.

jazman 05-08-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I have been reading up on their injuries and they are nothing to worry about, apparently if there was a game today they'd play.

I never made comment on injuries to any teams though, purely the unrest that Dez Bryant's actions could have caused

I know you didn't fella, never suggested you did .. you know my thoughts on comments about injuries after last season ... whoever they may be ...

Just picked up on the fact that you were bantering all other NFC BEast teams having problems whereas you guys at Philly didn't ... you have a few to think about now ... ;) :o

Swanny32 05-08-2010 07:35 PM

Elbow Dumerville out for the season apparently.