CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

James 23-12-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
James, it's very complicated and depends a lot on what Conference and Division you're in. For instance, there might be a team or two from the West who might make the playoffs without even having a winning record, simply because all the teams around them are shit.

Thanks - have some rep ...

pauldrulez 23-12-2010 10:43 PM

Patriots Hall of Fame as some new items:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...2_306135_n.jpg

Vince Hilaire's Afro 23-12-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Thanks - have some rep ...

NP - hope you enjoy!

Strathclyde Eagle 23-12-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
I shall be at the Raymond James Stadium on Boxing Day to watch Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Seattle Seahawks.

"Jaash Freeman!"

(Apologies to non-BS Report listeners.)

Oh, let's explain it anyway:

oz_da II 24-12-2010 12:53 AM

Always look forward to Simmons' late night messages. :p

Swanny32 24-12-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Next 2 weeks.

I reckon it'll be back for next year as well.

I wonder if this is maybe a small step toward getting NFL Network?

Latvian Eagle 24-12-2010 02:33 AM

Come on Carolina! ;) :lux:

SteveyHawking 24-12-2010 02:56 AM

Stop moaning Halling, this isn't Steeler TV. :hmph:

jazman 24-12-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I wonder if this is maybe a small step toward getting NFL Network?

Maybe, just maybe. NFL can see that there is a need over here when putting on a season game at Wembley and considering more but cannot see the need to put NFL Network over here ... maybe they have just realised.

pauldrulez 24-12-2010 11:03 AM

It's more to do with advertising laws than not having it.

I reckon they'd get 50,000 subscribers for it.

If it's 5 a month, that's 60 a year.

Works out about 3m a year. Is it worth the effort of getting rid of a lot of the advertising for that amount of money?

I'd love it though

jazman 24-12-2010 11:05 AM

They manage to have ESPN America over here though which is what I cannot understand

pauldrulez 24-12-2010 11:34 AM

I know.

The other reason is that NFL.com have things that are on NFL Network.

Another rule is that you can't have pay-for channels that have stuff for free online.

Considering I watch highlights of Sportscenter and a few of the other channels online, I don't know what the problem with that is.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 24-12-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Come on Carolina! ;) :lux:

Heh heh, it was boys against men I'm afraid Lats!

I fear that at least half of our defense may need to retire at the end of the season - they've played more in the past year than most play in a whole season!

Latvian Eagle 24-12-2010 02:37 PM

VHA I actually stayed up to watch it. Offensively we're f***ing attrocious. The D actually played well considering the score. They were saying on Sky getting the number 1 pick would be a curse given the fact we're cutting back on money. To be honest I'd rather take our chances on Andrew Luck as the first pick. Clausen shouldn't have gone in so early in his career but he doesn't look like he's going to make it. Simple 10-15 yard passes were falling short.

I know we have like 13 regular players on IR but seriously it was embarrassing to watch. I turned off at the end of the third quarter.

Latvian Eagle 24-12-2010 02:38 PM

Still at least we managed to get on the scoresheet in the end.

jazman 24-12-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I know.

The other reason is that NFL.com have things that are on NFL Network.

Another rule is that you can't have pay-for channels that have stuff for free online.

Considering I watch highlights of Sportscenter and a few of the other channels online, I don't know what the problem with that is.

Thank goodness for SportsCenter. Almost worth the ESPN subscription alone ...

Swanny32 24-12-2010 05:05 PM

Madden style interception for Bryan McFadden last night, apparently Madden isn't unrealistic on the over the shoulder picks.

saxoneagle 24-12-2010 06:02 PM

Happy Christmas, NFLers... good to see the turkeys of the league are playing Christmas day so let's all hope the Cowgirls get stuffed up the arse, too :D ;)

saxoneagle 24-12-2010 06:05 PM

Also, just wanted to mention the big over-reaction to Roddy White's twatterings about New Orleans. Some people are really f*cking touchy.

jazman 24-12-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Happy Christmas, NFLers... good to see the turkeys of the league are playing Christmas day so let's all hope the Cowgirls get stuffed up the arse, too :D ;)

Merry Christmas to you too ... I won't be revealing what I am wishing for in the new year which coincides with the post season ... ;)