CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 09-01-2011 05:03 AM

A lot of foot action in the final two minutes of the Colts - Jets game.

Rex Ryan must have been loving it... :clown:

Chester 09-01-2011 05:06 AM

What a load of rubbish and I don't care about either teams. The jets should have the same record as the sea hawks ffs. They are rubbish.

Meh, back to lurking until after the superbowl then

Snikt5 09-01-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester
What a load of rubbish and I don't care about either teams. The jets should have the same record as the sea hawks ffs. They are rubbish.

Meh, back to lurking until after the superbowl then

AFC championship finalists last year and through the wild card playoff this year. They are definitely not consistent but you can't argue with the facts.

Thank God Sanchez realised his WRs werent 10 foot tall before the end. Really thought Nick was going to miss that FG at the end. Two exciting games though.

SteveyHawking 09-01-2011 11:17 AM

And both defending AFC & NFC champions dumped out of the playoffs. Gotta love the unpredictable nature of the NFL. Could we see more upsets tonight?

ardeo 09-01-2011 11:40 AM

Last night was upset night, tonight is favourite night, Ravens and Eagles to come through!

Jets D really stepped it up against Peyton, Colts failing on 3rd and 1 four times, led to them scoring just one TD. Sanchise is good enough to get a few points at the end when needed, but he's never going to beat anyone by himself like the top/ good QBs.

pauldrulez 09-01-2011 11:40 AM

I'd like to thank my Sky+.

The recording cut out as the ball was snapped for the winning FG. Talk about a cliffhanger.

BRING ON THE JETS :lux:

AddiscombeEagle 09-01-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I'd like to thank my Sky+.

The recording cut out as the ball was snapped for the winning FG. Talk about a cliffhanger.

BRING ON THE JETS :lux:

Fingers crossed we get pats jets and ravens steelers.

pauldrulez 09-01-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
Fingers crossed we get pats jets and ravens steelers.

That's my wish now.

The reason being that if the Pats beat the Jets, the Ravens and Steelers will have beat the shit out of each other so bad that it'd be relatively easy.

saxoneagle 09-01-2011 12:00 PM

Match was in a dome. Bring on Sanchez outside, hey Paul? ;)

LLCOOLSTEVE 09-01-2011 12:27 PM

Who dat?! WTF!

jazman 09-01-2011 12:37 PM

Bet successful courtesy of the Seahawks :p Rather annoyed that the game didn't get much highlights this morning as it's all about the Jets/Colts which i'm still watching. In 4th right now with just over 7 minutes on the clock with Jets up 14-10

AddiscombeEagle 09-01-2011 01:38 PM

Thoughts with ed reed this morning.

Latvian Eagle 09-01-2011 04:53 PM

What's up with Ed Reed?

By the way didn't the Giants get in on a Wild Card the year they beat the Pats in the SB?

saxoneagle 09-01-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
What's up with Ed Reed?

Think his brother jumped into a river.

saxoneagle 09-01-2011 06:19 PM

Rumours that Tebow was being shopped around have been quashed by Elway.

I think this is good as I'm thinking that my stance on him might be changing. He'll never be elite but I think he could develope the tools to at least run a reasonable NFL offence and under Elway he couldn't ask for a better role model.

He also couldn't ask for a bigger shadow hanging over his shoulder but he might just be able to handle the pressure, unlike Cutler, Plummer, etc, etc.

saxoneagle 09-01-2011 07:04 PM

I am loving the Jets doing our team talk for us for next week.

Edwards, Ryan all making sly pops (although Braylon was not quite so sly).

I'm not predicting shit for next week but I'm happy with what is going down at the New Giants' Stadium. Oh, and apparently someone has leaked that they are looking to replace Cromartie with the guy from Oakland whose name I can't spell. Good confidence boost for Antonio. :D

Funk Butter 09-01-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester
Seriously Colts, that is what you do at the end. Why are you even within 10 yards of the punter

Basically it seems to make an outstanding sportsman you have to make them mentally inept.

Luckily for the guy, Caldwell took all the heat off of him by calling that ridiculously moronic timeout. I can't believe that they can keep him around after he continuously gets outcoached in every game. If not for Manning, they would probably have the 1st pick in the draft.

saxoneagle 09-01-2011 08:41 PM

So, quite a game for Jamaal Charles already.

I make it about 90 yards plus a TD, a fumble, a forced fumble and recovery and a tackle. Good skills.

jazman 09-01-2011 09:03 PM

Good tight games all of them so far ... very enjoyable. Don't think I will stay awake for the last game. Thank the Ashes for that!

jazman 09-01-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
So, quite a game for Jamaal Charles already.

I make it about 90 yards plus a TD, a fumble, a forced fumble and recovery and a tackle. Good skills.

Tekkers innit ;)