CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 10-01-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
He's forgotten more about football than everyone else in the studio put together ever knew.

Absolutely love that comment fella ... :p

Swanny32 10-01-2011 09:21 PM

Almost 24 hours have passed, I have managed to shift the bad mood.....just, and started thinking about next season. Another day we'd have won last night but when it's not your time then there is very little anyone can do about it even God himself, who happens to wear a number 7 jersey. ;0)

Really gutted to get dumped out and had the two missed FG's been converted then it would have been a different story but onwards and upwards, so they say. A new Corner and a new Linebacker in the draft plus a couple of additions to both defensive and offensive lines and I think we'll be right there again next season.

jazman 10-01-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Almost 24 hours have passed, I have managed to shift the bad mood.....just, and started thinking about next season. Another day we'd have won last night but when it's not your time then there is very little anyone can do about it even God himself, who happens to wear a number 7 jersey. ;0)

Really gutted to get dumped out and had the two missed FG's been converted then it would have been a different story but onwards and upwards, so they say. A new Corner and a new Linebacker in the draft plus a couple of additions to both defensive and offensive lines and I think we'll be right there again next season.

Not that easy fella. I thought the same about us last season!

ardeo 10-01-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Not that easy fella. I thought the same about us last season!

But your problem was your coach not your team, you should be back firing next season.

No need to wonder where me and Swanny were, I posted straight after the game and then was at uni all day today. We don't jump on other teams misfortunes, just the Cowboys, and after losing 3 out of 3 last season and the Cowboys being tipped for superbowl success was pretty amusing to see them fail this season.

Think our problem last night, and all season, has been a lack of defence. We seem to be able to get 3 and outs, or let a team drive all the way up the field. Having a terrible red zone D says a lot about a defence IMO. Can't get it done when we need it, and also poor in short yardage situations. Missing Bradley was a loss, but he's been good rather than awesome this season. Struggled at CB opposite Samuel all season, but Samuel's inability to tackle is a problem as well. Chaney also looks a bit lightweight to be a MLB, not going to stuff the run much which for me is the main role of the MLB. The defensive line struggled to get much pressure on Rodgers too as well as getting beaten on running plays a lot as well.

Offensively we did ok, weren't great but I think that's realistically Vick's level, he was ridiculously good at one stage of the season, but it was never going to last. We did enough on offence to win it, had the FGs gone over.

Packers played well, ran it really well, which I wasn't expecting, and we all know how good Rodgers and their D are. Think they have a great chance of going a long way if they can continue to run it. Should be a good game against the Falcons and i'd back them to win it. But what do I know, was just 1 of 4 this weekend, although did like the Seahawks.

jazman 10-01-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
But your problem was your coach not your team, you should be back firing next season.

No need to wonder where me and Swanny were, I posted straight after the game and then was at uni all day today. We don't jump on other teams misfortunes, just the Cowboys, and after losing 3 out of 3 last season and the Cowboys being tipped for superbowl success was pretty amusing to see them fail this season.

Think our problem last night, and all season, has been a lack of defence. We seem to be able to get 3 and outs, or let a team drive all the way up the field. Having a terrible red zone D says a lot about a defence IMO. Can't get it done when we need it, and also poor in short yardage situations. Missing Bradley was a loss, but he's been good rather than awesome this season. Struggled at CB opposite Samuel all season, but Samuel's inability to tackle is a problem as well. Chaney also looks a bit lightweight to be a MLB, not going to stuff the run much which for me is the main role of the MLB. The defensive line struggled to get much pressure on Rodgers too as well as getting beaten on running plays a lot as well.

Offensively we did ok, weren't great but I think that's realistically Vick's level, he was ridiculously good at one stage of the season, but it was never going to last. We did enough on offence to win it, had the FGs gone over.

Packers played well, ran it really well, which I wasn't expecting, and we all know how good Rodgers and their D are. Think they have a great chance of going a long way if they can continue to run it. Should be a good game against the Falcons and i'd back them to win it. But what do I know, was just 1 of 4 this weekend, although did like the Seahawks.

Swanny does more than you but it's all banter at the end of the day ... almost a complete reverse to last season with us falling at least to the 2nd hurdle! ;)

Amazing how the Packers have lasted if I'm honest with the amount of injuries they have had. Crabtree picking up his first TD says it all.

pauldrulez 10-01-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Only if God is a dogbeater. (I originally put wifebeater... plank)

At least Vick can compare himself to Peyton Manning anyway. He blew games with a pick.

You should never have let Sheldon Brown go.

And Andy Reid should never have been attempting a FG over 40yds in that weather at that end of the game.

Pooch Punt it or Go for it.

You could argue that although you missed 2 FG's, the Packers almost dropped a gamewinner that would have made it 21-3 (or 21-6 if we include the FG) and were receiving the Kickoff.

ardeo 10-01-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Only if God is a wifebeater.

At least Vick can compare himself to Peyton Manning anyway. He blew games with a pick.

You should never have let Sheldon Brown go.

And Andy Reid should never have been attempting a FG over 40yds in that weather at that end of the game.

Pooch Punt it or Go for it.

You could argue that although you missed 2 FG's, the Packers almost dropped a gamewinner that would have made it 21-3 (or 21-6 if we include the FG) and were receiving the Kickoff.

Agree completely about Brown, he was a solid shut down corner, who was having a career season until he got injured and was forced to play about 70% at the end of the season.

Don't know why Vick took a chance throwing one up for Cooper, still had 55 seconds left, 1st and 10 on the 27ish. Should have spiked it then still had time to have a couple of passes caught in bounds. Why throw one up to a rookie. I think Vick felt the pressure later on in the season, not helped by a lack of run calling. We seem to only run draws and delays with Shady, wish we'd just run some decent powers to set up the play action and deep ball.

I don't mind the call, Akers is an excellent kicker and was pretty close with the first one, then shanked the easier one. Think the blame has to go with him rather than Reid.

Agree that Packers should have had the game won at the half, which is why my post was mainly about lack of defence rather than offence. We weren't unlucky to lose, was a fair result, if we'd won it at the death that would have been fair too.

pauldrulez 10-01-2011 10:36 PM

And you nearly did win it.

An amazing tackle on Jackson on the first play of the drive by Desmond Bishop when he was in full flow stopped that going to the house.

And I agree, that ball should have been spiked. Poor decision-making by Vick.

ardeo 10-01-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Swanny does more than you but it's all banter at the end of the day ... almost a complete reverse to last season with us falling at least to the 2nd hurdle! ;)

Amazing how the Packers have lasted if I'm honest with the amount of injuries they have had. Crabtree picking up his first TD says it all.

Yea but you pretty much had a wildcard bye and then got smashed in the divisonals. I still think it has been a pretty successful season for us. McCoy has come on massively, and we have some good young players, although i'm not sure how many of them will make it as starters other than Nate Allen.

Packers haven't even got people back from injury, they've just adapted and kept on going. Has helped that they have a quality defence.

I'm also surprised why so many people are upset that the Seahawks have made the playoffs and get a home tie. Everyone has a different schedule, Chiefs only had one of their ten wins against a team with a winning record, and in fact had by far the easiest schedule, yet noone complains about them making the playoffs.

jazman 10-01-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Yea but you pretty much had a wildcard bye and then got smashed in the divisonals. I still think it has been a pretty successful season for us. McCoy has come on massively, and we have some good young players, although i'm not sure how many of them will make it as starters other than Nate Allen.

Packers haven't even got people back from injury, they've just adapted and kept on going. Has helped that they have a quality defence.

I'm also surprised why so many people are upset that the Seahawks have made the playoffs and get a home tie. Everyone has a different schedule, Chiefs only had one of their ten wins against a team with a winning record, and in fact had by far the easiest schedule, yet noone complains about them making the playoffs.

I get the losing record thing but I for one found their result against the Saints very refreshing indeed ...

pauldrulez 10-01-2011 10:52 PM

One for saxoneagle.

The 12th man of Seattle caused a seismic tremor after the Marshawn Lynch Touchdown.

Now that is an awesome headline.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/235113.asp

peagle 10-01-2011 10:56 PM

HAha literally just came on to post that up, can't believe we were even debating it! Must have had an impact on the game then!

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 10-01-2011 11:44 PM

Gutted (as usual) but well done to the Packers.....still NFC East Champs in a so called rebuilding year is ok with me! Which meant that the Gnuts, Cowgirls and Deadskins missed out once again ;)

Shame about the injuries late on to Nate and Brandon, I hope these don't ruin their breakout second seasons ala Maclin and McCoy.

Just need to sought out the O Line and defensive backs for next season :hi:

Finally good luck to all of you who's teams are still in the mix. I think it will be Ravens v Bears in the SB.........Mail it! :cool:

Swanny32 11-01-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Aye, it's usually me more than Ardeo however I do keep it clean and friendly 99.9% of the time.

Cowboys suck. :lux: :D

ardeo 11-01-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

I get the losing record thing but I for one found their result against the Saints very refreshing indeed ...

Me too, frankly I think it would have been worse if they had got smashed, at least they have justified their place with a win. Also means I should get some kudos for predicting Seattle as most improved team, as theoretically they've probably jumped more places than Kansas City now!

jazman 11-01-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Gutted (as usual) but well done to the Packers.....still NFC East Champs in a so called rebuilding year is ok with me! Which meant that the Gnuts, Cowgirls and Deadskins missed out once again ;)

Again? May I refresh your memory on last season once again? Don't make me do it .... ;) :o :D

jazman 11-01-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Aye, it's usually me more than Ardeo however I do keep it clean and friendly 99.9% of the time.

Cowboys suck. :lux: :D

Of course you do and I wouldn't have it any other way ... normal service resumed

Greenies suck :lux: :D

jazman 11-01-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Finally good luck to all of you who's teams are still in the mix. I think it will be Ravens v Bears in the SB.........Mail it! :cool:

And may I just add, if I recall correctly my prediction was Ravens v Packers for the SB. Amazingly, still on the cards.

oz_da II 11-01-2011 01:28 PM

My prediction as well. :p

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 11-01-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Again? May I refresh your memory on last season once again? Don't make me do it .... ;) :o :D

:hi: :moo: