CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 11-09-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Don't you start. I have enough with my jingoistic, xenophobic in-laws.

:D

:D :o

Only bringing my sense of true perspective to the BBS. Rarely happens.

pauldrulez 11-09-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
He's way too sly to give away any of his actual 'methods' on camera.

Anyway, the important thing is that you Patsies enjoy it. I'd temporarily forgotten the rule that the NFL and the wider world revolves around your team.

You mean like during the 3 Americas Game shows where it had lots of inside info and methods of BB.

This show isn't about the Pats, if you watch the preview, it's about Belichick. It's about his time at the Giants (where he gets emotional), it's about his late father's time in the game, it's about his spell at the Browns and then it focuses heavily on the 09 season and the disappointment of it. You see Belichick and Kraft finding out Welker's injury, the discipline of Randy Moss, Burgess, Guyton and Adalius Thomas for being late and other things. Including Brady and BB working on plays in a room.

It's as close to a Hard Knocks show you're going to get from Belichick.

saxoneagle 11-09-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
You mean like during the 3 Americas Game shows where it had lots of inside info and methods of BB.

This show isn't about the Pats, if you watch the preview, it's about Belichick. It's about his time at the Giants (where he gets emotional), it's about his late father's time in the game, it's about his spell at the Browns and then it focuses heavily on the 09 season and the disappointment of it. You see Belichick and Kraft finding out Welker's injury, the discipline of Randy Moss, Burgess, Guyton and Adalius Thomas for being late and other things. Including Brady and BB working on plays in a room.

No Paul, it shows the Pats and nothing else.

It is then followed by a programme about Marino's rings. It will feature the one he gave his wife when he proposed and then talk extensively about the bout of piles he suffered in 1994. It finishes with a touching insight into Marino's favourite planet, Saturn.

pauldrulez 11-09-2011 12:30 PM

:D I love gamedays :lux:

saxoneagle 11-09-2011 12:33 PM

Gameday? I'll have to get up at 5am on a Monday morning to see any action... I think. My timezones are screwed.

Can anyone tell me what time the early games k-o in NZ?

oz_da II 11-09-2011 12:48 PM

5am is correct.

saxoneagle 11-09-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
5am is correct.

Cheers. Might catch the end of the early ones and the late afternoon ones then.

oz_da II 11-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Just saw the preview, I'll give it a view.

I'm just thankful it isn't Tom Coughlin...

Benzhiyi 11-09-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Keep biting. :lux: :lux: :lux:

saxoneagle 11-09-2011 01:36 PM

Lucky he had plenty of fingers to choose which one to wear it on... http://www.profootballhof.com/photos/417/2005/11/7/

jazman 11-09-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Keep biting. :lux: :lux: :lux:

That's what the transvestite said to him last night ... :o

pauldrulez 11-09-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
That's what the transvestite said to him last night ... :o

I thought it was your wife? :afro:

jazman 11-09-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

I thought it was your wife? :afro:

:D :D :D Touche.

I'll ask her when she gets in from work ;)

Oh the NFL season is back along with the smack talk :lux:

pauldrulez 11-09-2011 01:53 PM

Great Sunday anyway, Cricket, F1 and then the NFL.

Apparently (though I can't find it), there's a weeks free trial of NFL Network on NFL.com, that'll solve the problem of what to watch after the F1/when England win the cricket.

saxoneagle 11-09-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Apparently (though I can't find it), there's a weeks free trial of NFL Network on NFL.com, that'll solve the problem of what to watch after the F1/when England win the cricket.

Ruined only by men driving in circles claiming to be sportsmen. I'm driving for 4 hours tomorrow. In a Nissan. I don't get paid millions though.

jazman 11-09-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

As I posted on Facebook on Friday, if there was ever a weekend a guy was to suffer death by sport, this is it .. :p

Bellyman 11-09-2011 03:45 PM

Gameday baby wooo!!

Taking over Swanny's house later to watch the games on Sky whilst he is on Holiday!

Been looking forward to this since Feb!

ardeo 11-09-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

As I posted on Facebook on Friday, if there was ever a weekend a guy was to suffer death by sport, this is it .. :p

My weekend of sport:

Saturday Morning - WatchbBoxing from Friday night; then England rugby
Saturday afternoon - Listen to Palace, watch half of man city wigan
Saturday evening - Watch us open tennis, boxing, barcelona game, penn state game
Saturday night - watch US open tennis, Real madrid game

Sunday morning - watch MOTD, then wales rugby
Sunday afternoon - watch Norwich v West Brom, F1, cricket
Sunday evening - NFL!!!! Will prob watch a couple of games at the same time

Then Monday i'll just have SNF to watch and US Open men's final. :lux:

Benzhiyi 11-09-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Oh the NFL season is back along with the smack talk :lux:

And sadly I'll have no internet from tomorrow evening until Thursday morning.

Just in time to miss all the Cheatriots gloating about hammering us in Miami. Shame. :lux:

pauldrulez 11-09-2011 06:33 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. Think the Dolphins defense is better than advertised. Davis can shut down Chad with ease, Gronk is going to have to stay in and block to help out Solder to keep Wake off of Tom. I think the Pats have to establish the running game early and get the playaction going to get Hernandez down the seam.