CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

SteveyHawking 17-09-2012 01:45 AM

Great win for the Rams against RGIII. A very exciting game.

Only one team with a 2-0 record in the NFC East... anyone know who that is?!?! :lux: :lux: :lux:

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2012 01:48 AM

With one person picking San Francisco tonight, presently the only people definitely in the survival league next week are the three people who took... (DRUMROLL)... Cincinnati. :eek:

SteveyHawking 17-09-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
With one person picking San Francisco tonight, presently the only people definitely in the survival league next week are the three people who took... (DRUMROLL)... Cincinnati. :eek:

I picked the Raiders... :clown: :clown: :clown: :sob: :sob:

oz_da II 17-09-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Great win for the Rams against RGIII. A very exciting game.

Only one team with a 2-0 record in the NFC East... anyone know who that is?!?! :lux: :lux: :lux:

The team that has thrown the most picks?

oz_da II 17-09-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle

:lux:

Could be a record early finish. I recall it being early last season but nothing close to this.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2012 02:49 AM

I won it early, but I kept going until about week 10. Should remember who unseated me, but I can't. :(

oz_da II 17-09-2012 02:59 AM

I remember it was Seahawks dumping the Giants in their own backyard that ended my season.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2012 03:01 AM

Just took a quick look through the schedules, didn't see anything that jogged my memory. Took a screenshot of my progress at one point, which obviously led to the end of the dream. Pride comes before a fall and all that. :D

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! 17-09-2012 03:15 AM

49ers V Detroit = Brighton V Millwall

the kooch 17-09-2012 03:19 AM

nice view of san fran from a helicopter

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2012 05:00 AM

I know it will never happen, but I would laugh if while announcing a false start penalty a referee would break into the full set of Agadoo actions.

the kooch 17-09-2012 05:17 AM

v. davis = cold as ice

jazman 17-09-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Get the refs back.

These replacements stink.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. And then we got one. Illegal hit by Golden Tate on Sean Lee. Led with the helmet, Lee never saw it coming. Under the chin sent him up into the air. The refs never called. All ifs and buts that would have probably ended that final scoring drive they had. I admit, we would hev still had to score twice to come back which the way Romo was playing last night I could never see it happening. Even if we were still playing. But when players could suffer terrible injury from inept refereeing then there is something seriously wrong.

Anyhow, we stunk up the place last night and got a well deserved smack in the face. As was suggested by one of the local commentators 'the workers at the local fish markert have beter handling skills than the Dallas receivers'.

As for Romo, he will more than likely have a blinder next week. That's just how he is.

jazman 17-09-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

How those clown officials didn't see the Golden Tate hit on Sean Lee is beyond me. An absolute shambles from the zebras today in every single game!!

Didn't see this before I posted above. Spot on.

saxoneagle 17-09-2012 10:00 AM

Cincy FTW!

BLUE BOY 17-09-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

How those clown officials didn't see the Golden Tate hit on Sean Lee is beyond me. An absolute shambles from the zebras today in every single game!!

Was a great block! ;)

http://fauxjohnmadden.lockerdome.com/media/100686128

peagle 17-09-2012 12:56 PM

NFC West = Winningest Division in football.

Other than that, I have been plunged into a deep NFL depression due to the Pats loss which also threw me out of the survival picks and then my 0-4 fantasy record. Next weekend can't come soon enough!

ChaceTheAce 17-09-2012 01:17 PM

RG3, Why you so awesome?

davematt 17-09-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaceTheAce
RG3, Why you so awesome?

He is looking off the chart.

Although he hasn't yet played away from a Dome. Be interesting to see how his game deals with the conditions as the winter and outdoor games come.

On a seperate note, the 49ers are looking REALLY good. Best team in the league at the moment; they have everything.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 17-09-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Panthers pick up the win against New Orleans and from what I saw we looked well worth the win! :p Beason back this season is looking a beast already!

Didn't see this one sadly, just the highlights. It is great to see Beason back, but when Thomas Davis came in for a few more plays towards the end of the Bucs game, he really made a massive difference, including a great tackle right on his own 1 yard line to prevent a TD. He would have been an elite linebacker for sure had it not been for injury. The two of them returning together are a massive bonus.

Not just that, but the two of them are born leaders. Beason calls the plays for the defense, and they reckon one of the main problems with the Panthers secondary last season was lack of organisation from the line back, rather than necessarily just a lack of talent in the backfield. Therefore, it pleased me to see the safety Charles Godfrey pick off a Brees pass and run it in for a TD - the first time the Panthers have done so for about 2 years! The defense have been generating a lot more pressure on the QB this season, which will only help the secondary for a change, and of course the offense.