CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Funk Butter 19-11-2012 12:05 AM

Thank God the Falcons could pull that out. I had to get drunk after 6 damn turnovers and somehow they still won.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8BNEFRCYAA2mdm.jpg:large

pauldrulez 19-11-2012 12:47 AM

Alfonzo Dennard.

That's why I went slightly insane during the draft wanting him for the Patriots.

jazman 19-11-2012 01:00 AM

One game behind the Giants now. You cannot deny that the Cowboys are enjoyable to watch right now ... not for Cowboys fans though! NFC East is looking rather sweet right now, would only be sweeter to see us take the Giants before the end of the season ... we are still in the mix and after our season so far, I'll take that with open arms!

Funk Butter 19-11-2012 01:21 AM

The "real" refs had another dumb ass special in the Falcons game. Snelling fumbled the ball out of bounds and the Chargers guy flung it back to his teammate but had his foot on the line when he touched it. The refs didn't look too interested in reviewing the play so Mike Smith threw the challenge flag. Not only did they call a penalty on Smith, they then refused to review the play and gave the ball to the Cardinals. Another case where the NFL will apologize on Monday (or Tuesday) for the refs blowing a call.

AddiscombeEagle 19-11-2012 07:43 AM

Proper game of football there. Massive win as well.

pauldrulez 19-11-2012 08:51 AM

#FireBelichick - Why is Gronk in there on an XP when you're 30pts ahead?

kayjay 19-11-2012 09:03 AM

Watched the Broncos v Chargers game this morning.
Rivers throws the ball like he's struggling to hold the thing in his hand properly.
Once he's on the move everything gets speared into bootlaces.
He went over 30 minutes of play without a 1st down.
His offence is running around with the organisation of kids in a playground.
At one stage, the defence had scored all their points.
Commentators talking up the Manning led Broncos but a good team would have buried San Diego by 30+

kayjay 19-11-2012 09:08 AM

Danario Alexander looks close to their best player and he
got pulled off the street a fortnight ago :eek:

Latvian Eagle 19-11-2012 11:02 AM

Another loss... Who can we waste a decent draft pick on next year? :o

Ollie Ox 19-11-2012 11:34 AM

The pats are totally flattering to deceive. Their defence just isn't good enough. They rely on big plays and turnovers but good teams seem to be able to almost pass at will on them. I think they will come unstuck in the playoffs. Hope i'm wrong though.

CT_Palace 20-11-2012 04:22 AM

9ers making the Bears look very very ordinary

SteveyHawking 20-11-2012 04:56 AM

The Bears o-line is abysmal. J'Marcus Webb is so bad he should be playing for the Eagles. The 49ers D is looking all kinds of good though. They are DOMINANT. Definitely looking like a team that will go far into the post season. The Bears on the other hand will be done as long as Cutler is out.

CT_Palace 20-11-2012 05:04 AM

It's a shame not to see how Cutler would get on against this 9ers D. Dominant is the word!
Kaepernick not bad at all for a first start! Look out Smith!
and Special teams giving Hester NOTHING!

SteveyHawking 20-11-2012 05:15 AM

Gabe Carimi is giving Webb a run for his money as a terrible tackle. Absolutely awful. The Bears interior is God awful too. They are an embarrassment. The Smiths have simply destroyed the Bears tonight.

pauldrulez 21-11-2012 09:06 PM

First year in ages that i'm actually looking forward to all 3 matches tomorrow.

SteveyHawking 22-11-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
First year in ages that i'm actually looking forward to all 3 matches tomorrow.

Yep all three Thanksgiving games look like they could be humdingers! :)

More than can be said for MNF this week which will be a 3-7 versus 2-8 stinkfest!! :D

ardeo 22-11-2012 12:19 AM

In general there seem loads of good match-ups this week. After last week's relatively straight forward uninspiring matchups, looking forward to lots of games this week, in particular:

Redskins-Cowboys: see how good these teams are, and in particular how RGIII goes against a top defence.

Vikings-Bears: Can Vikings and ADP make a push for the playoffs, can Bears win without Cutler now they have an easier matchup than Texans and 49ers.

Bills-Colts: How do the Colts react to getting smashed last week, and can the Bills finally get things together and make a push for a wildcard.

Falcons-Bucs: Bucs seem to be going pretty well, Falcons are stuttering, both sides need a convincing performance.

49ers-Saints: Can Saints keep the momentum up, or will the 49ers D shut them down and Kapaernick ignite the offence.

Packers-Giants: Giants have been winning the big ones, otherwise struggling, Packers have been winning but not comfortably.

Just a shame MNF is a complete and utter dud, that I hope gets cancelled to avoid further embarrassment.

jazman 22-11-2012 09:40 AM

Happy thanksgiving to those that celebrate it ...

jazman 22-11-2012 01:40 PM

Detroit Lions and Thanksgiving ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--wh...074510076.html

Swanny32 22-11-2012 05:13 PM

Gotta love a bit of Thanksgiving football, allowing me to commandeer the TV 2 evenings in the same week.....it's unheard of!