CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 03-12-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Clearly not as bad as the Panthers right now! :(

some of the Panthers players really did dial in their performances against Kansas. The offense played ok until the end though. And special mention to Thomas Davis. It takes a special type of man to come back from three torn ACLs, and he truly plays every down as if it could be his last. A very brave and criminally underrated player.

Latvian Eagle 03-12-2012 11:37 PM

Where do you think we need to improve mate?

Clearly Cam is trying to hold the team together. Our RB's seem like they just don't have the power to make the plays like they did 4 years ago, and we seem to be ever reliant in the offence on an ever increasingly ageing and less effective Steve Smith with no WR drafted players ever really living up to their slots in the team.

The only real upgrade we've had in recent years is at TE with Olsen. I didn't even know until today that we'd let Jeff Otah go! I remember getting excited when we drafted him to compliment Stewart and Williams in the running game.

On the D we always seem to give up soft plays... I had high hopes of at least an 8-8 season this year... Still at least we might get another decent draft pick this year, just not sure where we should be using it! :eek: Definitely think we need to get in there for a decent WR coming through though... Cam needs some new weapons to take some of that onnous off of SS.

Dave Nunn 03-12-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Really nice scenes at the end of the Steelers game with Big Ben embracing Charlie Batch; you can see how much that win means to him.

Steelers are looking like the team that could be going into the play offs hot; its starting to tick for them at the right time...

Ben Rapistburger - Nice scenes at the end! :hmph:

Woof Woof!!!!

Latvian Eagle 03-12-2012 11:51 PM

Ravens were all over Pittsburgh when I turned off. I can't believe they lost! I swear they always lose when they wear those black unis though. :eek: They never normally wear them except for Monday night games, any reasoning behind wearing them last night?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 04-12-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Where do you think we need to improve mate?

Clearly Cam is trying to hold the team together. Our RB's seem like they just don't have the power to make the plays like they did 4 years ago, and we seem to be ever reliant in the offence on an ever increasingly ageing and less effective Steve Smith with no WR drafted players ever really living up to their slots in the team.

The only real upgrade we've had in recent years is at TE with Olsen. I didn't even know until today that we'd let Jeff Otah go! I remember getting excited when we drafted him to compliment Stewart and Williams in the running game.

On the D we always seem to give up soft plays... I had high hopes of at least an 8-8 season this year... Still at least we might get another decent draft pick this year, just not sure where we should be using it! :eek: Definitely think we need to get in there for a decent WR coming through though... Cam needs some new weapons to take some of that onnous off of SS.

don't think we need to draft an early WR. We have an excellent WR corps. I rate Lafell, Gettis, Pilares, and Murphy (though he needs to hold on to more catches). Joe Adams has some promise, and even the much maligned Armanti Edwards has had his moments. If none of them really breaks through before Smitty hangs up his boots, then it will be time to act.

IMO the OL needs a bit of beefing up. The running game has not been the same since Otah got injured. The backs are still the same backs, with the addition of Tolbert and Cam, so no excuse there! Btw, lazy bastard Otah actually secured a move to the Jets, failed his physical and was subsequently cut by the Panthers. Just didn't have enough hunger (except for burgers).

It would also be nice to have a playmaker in the secondary, preferably in the safety positions.

Not sure about the DL - the return of Ron Edwards was a boost (injured again though) and Greg Hardy has at last found some form to help out Charles Johnson. Rookie Frank Alexander has looked decent too.

Either way, I expect the Panthers to use their first pick on the best available like they usually do - although, new GM by then so who knows?

SteveyHawking 04-12-2012 01:43 AM

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...145&feedID=704

So Jim Washburn was a dick by the sounds of it. A pretty good article on the shambles in Philly.

Funk Butter 04-12-2012 04:20 AM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1877...g/original.jpg

jazman 04-12-2012 09:20 AM

We suck so much that we are in with a shout of the play offs.

I'll take that from a team that apparantly 'sucks'.

In fact, we suck more than a pensioner with a bag of boiled sweets. But I've enjoyed watching us play so far this season. There hasn't been a dull game. Who wants to watch a team trounce the opposition anyway ... ;)

jazman 04-12-2012 01:06 PM

http://cowboystalkline.com/2012/12/0...icas-team-tag/

My first of a new gig. Not everyones favourite team I know but hey, I'd appreciate the support :)

Swanny32 04-12-2012 04:22 PM

Season ticket bought for next years NFL games, Tom and I plus a few others have gone for upper endzone seats, 60 for both games including booking fee.....bargain! Not the best seats in the house but should be good enough. The countdown begins!

Swanny32 04-12-2012 04:23 PM

Also hoping to make a trip over to Philly again next year but as I keep spending money at the moment that's looking more and more less likely.

saxoneagle 04-12-2012 05:09 PM

So, the season ticket gives you a ticket for both matches, with 20% off?

Swanny32 04-12-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
So, the season ticket gives you a ticket for both matches, with 20% off?

Yep...pretty decent value for money I reckon.

saxoneagle 04-12-2012 05:15 PM

Sweet - just got two tickets for each game for 340 on Row 16 around the halfway line! I'll tell the wife later.

Swanny32 04-12-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Sweet - just got two tickets for each game for 340 on Row 16 around the halfway line! I'll tell the wife later.

Balls to that, I'd keep it quiet, I value my testicles.

saxoneagle 04-12-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Balls to that, I'd keep it quiet, I value my testicles.

Well when she starts earning as much as me then she can start complaining... :afro:

Swanny32 04-12-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Well when she starts earning as much as me then she can start complaining... :afro:

Already tried that one with my mrs, it didn't work.

Latvian Eagle 04-12-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
don't think we need to draft an early WR. We have an excellent WR corps. I rate Lafell, Gettis, Pilares, and Murphy (though he needs to hold on to more catches). Joe Adams has some promise, and even the much maligned Armanti Edwards has had his moments. If none of them really breaks through before Smitty hangs up his boots, then it will be time to act.

IMO the OL needs a bit of beefing up. The running game has not been the same since Otah got injured. The backs are still the same backs, with the addition of Tolbert and Cam, so no excuse there! Btw, lazy bastard Otah actually secured a move to the Jets, failed his physical and was subsequently cut by the Panthers. Just didn't have enough hunger (except for burgers).

It would also be nice to have a playmaker in the secondary, preferably in the safety positions.

Not sure about the DL - the return of Ron Edwards was a boost (injured again though) and Greg Hardy has at last found some form to help out Charles Johnson. Rookie Frank Alexander has looked decent too.

Either way, I expect the Panthers to use their first pick on the best available like they usually do - although, new GM by then so who knows?

Another backroom switch around. :eek:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 04-12-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
http://cowboystalkline.com/2012/12/0...icas-team-tag/

My first of a new gig. Not everyones favourite team I know but hey, I'd appreciate the support :)

Do one Cow turd!!!! :moo: :hi: ;)

Only joking ... I may sign up if you are ready for some smack talking!!! Lol!!

jazman 04-12-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Do one Cow turd!!!! :moo: :hi: ;)

Only joking ... I may sign up if you are ready for some smack talking!!! Lol!!

Ha! It's not just me posting on there mind, the guys that run it in the States get the final sign off but I'm the first UK Cowboys fan to get one approved... Chuffed with that :p