CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 10-12-2012 12:30 AM

Matt Flynn!

His niece (or some sort of young relation) goes to Woodcote School in Coulsdon and is friends with my Sister. :p

Funk Butter 10-12-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Vikings +3
Panthers +3.5
Titans +5.5
Bills -3
Cardinals +10
Patriots -4

Some of those numbers have moved though.

That was a misprint, I meant to type Cardinals +105. Although, that is still doubtful.

Dave Nunn 10-12-2012 12:39 AM

Only one winner in the AFC North today!!!! :lux:

Woof Woof!!!!! :moo:

Funk Butter 10-12-2012 01:26 AM

Dumb announcer alert. Tim Ryan as Seattle runs it in to go up 57-0, "Arizona is really missing Dan Williams." Yes, Dan Williams being in there on the defensive line would have prevented 8 turnovers.

SteveyHawking 10-12-2012 01:56 AM

RGIII's knee injury from earlier today looked pretty nasty!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1853933/rg3hurt.gif

SteveyHawking 10-12-2012 01:58 AM

Nick Foles looked the business today. Positive Eagles news shocker! :eek:

Swanny32 10-12-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
RGIII's knee injury from earlier today looked pretty nasty!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1853933/rg3hurt.gif

Ouch.

Swanny32 10-12-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Nick Foles looked the business today. Positive Eagles news shocker! :eek:

He did look pretty decent, didn't he. Still some shocking efforts by our O-Line and I feared for the worst when Tampa went ahead as our secondary was looking really fragile. Good win though despite some more crap play calling.

jazman 10-12-2012 01:15 PM

You can say what you like about Romo, but there is no doubt he is one tough son of a bitch! The amount of times the O-Line failed to protect him, one stage he looked as if he was snapped in half after being triple teamed like a WWE wrestler! Luckily it was a face mask, pretty idiotic by the defensive player though as we were on the rack at that point ...

jazman 10-12-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE BOY
Half time at the Clink..........Seahawks 38 Arizona 0 (zero).............ouch!

And it didn't get any better!

saxoneagle 10-12-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
You can say what you like about Romo, but there is no doubt he is one tough son of a bitch! The amount of times the O-Line failed to protect him, one stage he looked as if he was snapped in half after being triple teamed like a WWE wrestler! Luckily it was a face mask, pretty idiotic by the defensive player though as we were on the rack at that point ...

That was a stupid tackle. He was already whistled down and the player just flew in and grabbed the facemask... actually thought the initial penalty was going to be roughing the passer as he was so late into the tackle.

Latvian Eagle 10-12-2012 09:58 PM

I still haven't got over the fact we beat Atlanta after we managed to lose to KC last week. :eek:

Latvian Eagle 10-12-2012 10:00 PM

58-0 for the Seahawks... Is that the biggest winning margin in the NFL? I can't say I have seen anything bigger in the 5 years I've followed the league.

pauldrulez 10-12-2012 10:14 PM

Texans +5.5
Over 56.0

My 2 bets.

Gronk injury (plus Hernandez not 100%, Edelman and Branch out, Lloyd ineffective) is big in this one.

ardeo 10-12-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
You can say what you like about Romo, but there is no doubt he is one tough son of a bitch! The amount of times the O-Line failed to protect him, one stage he looked as if he was snapped in half after being triple teamed like a WWE wrestler! Luckily it was a face mask, pretty idiotic by the defensive player though as we were on the rack at that point ...

I really rate romo, he makes too many mistakes to be elite, but has all the tools you need in a qb. Was a really good win for the boys yesterday. Certainly keeps them alive. Although the two major problems of Jones and garrett remain.

ardeo 10-12-2012 10:29 PM

Was a good if surprising win for the eagles. Nice to see anderson look solid at safety, think he's a better option than Coleman as he will make far less bonehead plays. Foles looked good stepping up into the pocket and sliding to avoid pressure. Was good to see avant have a good day, I wonder if he could make the step up to wr2 if we get rid of d-jax.

Funk Butter 10-12-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
58-0 for the Seahawks... Is that the biggest winning margin in the NFL? I can't say I have seen anything bigger in the 5 years I've followed the league.

Quote:

The 1940 National Football League Championship Game, was the 8th in NFL history. The game was played at Griffith Stadium in Washington, D.C. on December 8, 1940. The Chicago Bears defeated the Washington Redskins, 73-0, the most one-sided victory in NFL history. The game was broadcast on radio by Mutual Broadcasting System, the first NFL title game broadcast nationwide.

Washington had defeated Chicago 7-3 in a regular season game three weeks earlier. After the contest, Redskins owner George Preston Marshall told reporters that the Bears were crybabies and quitters when the going got tough. As the Bears prepared for the rematch, Chicago head coach George Halas fired up his team by showing them newspaper articles of Marshall's comments.
The Patriots beat the Titans 59-0, I think, a few years ago in a blizzard. It was 40 something at halftime and could have really been a whole lot worse.

jazman 11-12-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
That was a stupid tackle. He was already whistled down and the player just flew in and grabbed the facemask... actually thought the initial penalty was going to be roughing the passer as he was so late into the tackle.

Agreed. That was 3rd down and we would have had to punt and perhaps killing our chance to come back. We weren't great but the Bengals were poor to let us back into it.

jazman 11-12-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
I really rate romo, he makes too many mistakes to be elite, but has all the tools you need in a qb. Was a really good win for the boys yesterday. Certainly keeps them alive. Although the two major problems of Jones and garrett remain.

I've just posted on a Cowboys blog about Aikman and Romo. The latter has just passed Aikmans TD record and is likely to pass some of the other of his stats. Aikman has three rings though and Romo none. Interesting comparision.

jazman 11-12-2012 12:35 AM

http://cowboystalkline.com/2012/12/1...actually-mean/

My second effort accepted and now live on the Dallas Cowboys.

In other news, Dez Bryant reportedly done for the season. I've never known a season quiet like it for injuries in Dallas.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.