CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 11-12-2012 03:12 AM

2 play action passes of perfection by the Patriots.

CT_Palace 11-12-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
2 play action passes of perfection by the Patriots.

Was just thinking the same. The TD was just so well executed.

pauldrulez 11-12-2012 03:21 AM

The TD only had 2 Receivers out on routes. Hernandez was interfered with on one side. Lloyd ran through the other!

pauldrulez 11-12-2012 04:56 AM

Nice to see the pressure being applied to both Schaub and the run game.

Dennard really proving me right for once!

pauldrulez 11-12-2012 04:59 AM

And all these points without the Gronk.

pauldrulez 11-12-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Texans +5.5
Over 56.0

My 2 bets.

Gronk injury (plus Hernandez not 100%, Edelman and Branch out, Lloyd ineffective) is big in this one.

42 + 14 = 56.

FFS.

peagle 11-12-2012 01:12 PM

Everyone thinking the Texans would want to make a statement. Think it all made the Patriots a bit more dangerous. Having a team flying high, just joining the elite in the AFC was just what they needed to get them really charged up. The Texans came in in their nice new jackets and seemed a little unfocused and the Patriots showed why they have the record they do, meticulous preparation and execution. Was very proud.

Needs to be followed up against the 49ers next week though. Will be an incredibly difficult game but I think BB has shown he can deal with QBs of Kaepernick's style.

Can see the Texans dropping a game to the Colts so if we can beat the niners we could still grab that 1 spot.

jazman 11-12-2012 01:18 PM

The Texans could afford that loss anyway but there is an argument for teams hitting the post season in form rather than faltering ...

jazman 11-12-2012 01:24 PM

And on a personal note, I'm gutted that Dez Bryant could well be out for the remainder of the push for the post season. He was instrumental in the win against the Bengals. Hardly had any of the ball aimed at him in the game until the 4th quarter and then bang, he scores a TD. I have to say that Ogletree has failed to impress, Austin has been injury prone, leaves us with Harris looking half decent and that's about it. Beasley is looking in the Welker mold but he has a lot to do to be considered such a comparison. I fear that is one more injury than the roster can take.

pauldrulez 11-12-2012 01:34 PM

Thought I'd browse TheGangGreen.com and found a classic from a Jets fan known as Soxxx

Quote:

Id love to get another shot in Foxborough. Patriots fans would deny it, but a lot of them would be scared shitless.

Chances are though we wont be returning there till next season.
Please... We'd put up 70 this time. #buttfumble

peagle 11-12-2012 05:58 PM

There is nothing I would like more than to play the Jets again this year. They're 6-7 for crying out loud! We also despatched them easily last time we played because they simply don't have the personnel this year, especially with Holmes and Revis out.

Feeling confident after that win over the Texans. Top four seeds will likely be us, Ravens, Texans, Broncos. We've beaten two of them fairly comfortably and lost to the other dubiously. For the wildcard, we beat the Colts and the others are so inconsistent. Wouldn't fear any of the wildcard teams in the AFC.

The NFC is much more competitive in my mind. Think that the Niners and Atlanta are a tier above, closely followed by the Packers and then a chasing pack. However that chasing pack are all dangerous.

Funk Butter 11-12-2012 11:19 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...m-saints-fight

So Tagliabue says that the Saints players are guilty of running a bounty program but "vacates" their suspensions. Whatever the hell that means. Other than those cretin Saints players and fans can say "WE AIN'T GUILTY".

Quote:

"Tagliabue affirms factual findings of Commissioner [Roger] Goodell...concludes Hargrove, Smith, Vilma 'engaged in conduct detrimental' and vacates all player discipline. 'Unlike Saints' broad organizational misconduct, player appeals involve sharply focused issues of alleged individual player misconduct in several different aspects. My affirmation of Commissioner Goodell's findings could certainly justify the issuance of fines. However, this entire case has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints' organization. Having reviewed the testimony very carefully, including documentary evidence that is at the center of the conflict, and having assessed the credibility of the four central witnesses on these matters, I find there is more than enough evidence to support Commissioner Goodell's findings that Mr. Vilma offered such a bounty (on Brett Favre)."

pauldrulez 12-12-2012 10:31 AM

Happy Brady Day... 12/12/12

pauldrulez 12-12-2012 01:53 PM

I'd like to thank Rob for his neg rep and tell him to sort out our Wembley tickets ;)

gingerob 12-12-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

I'd like to thank Rob for his neg rep and tell him to sort out our Wembley tickets ;)

Done you owe me 4,000

pauldrulez 12-12-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerob
Done you owe me 4,000

I'll pay you in 2p coins. And i'll offer you ownership of Snowy.

Swanny32 12-12-2012 07:10 PM

Just had a great little moment with my 4 year old son...I told him last week that Vick probably won't play for us again as he likes to look out for him when I'm watching games, so he now knows Nick Foles is QB1

FJ: Can I see a picture of Nick Foles in his kit?
Me: There you go, that's him playing against the Cowboys
FJ: We don't like the Dallas Cowboys, they suck!

My son bleeds green already. So proud.

jazman 12-12-2012 10:03 PM

Is he booing his own team yet? ;) :D

oz_da II 13-12-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Is he booing his own team yet? ;) :D

or Santa Claus? ;)

Funk Butter 13-12-2012 04:42 AM

And I thought Premier League players had the most heightened sense of entitlement in the world:
Quote:

One day after his suspension in the NFL's bounty probe was overturned, Jonathan Vilma moved forward with his defamation claims against Commissioner Roger Goodell, while Drew Brees and other teammates went on the offensive against Goodell and the league office.

''What I would like to see is a level of accountability on the part of the NFL and Commissioner Goodell in regards to mishandling of this entire situation,'' Brees said after practice Wednesday. ''We as players hold ourselves and are held to a very strict code of conduct both on and off the field. We have to be accountable to that, as it should be, and I feel like they should be held to the same standards.

''If someone would just come out in the league office and admit, 'You know what? We could have handled this situation better,' it would go such a long way with both players and fans. People would really come around to realize what this thing was all about because right now the league office and Commissioner Goodell have very little to no credibility with us as players.''

''I hate to say this because it sounds so conspiracy theorist, but it seems like the last, at least, month or so, especially once Tagliabue stepped in, it's very staged, as in, 'OK, how do we get ourselves out of this mess, let the players off,'' Brees said. ''Thank God we have a union that can represent the players and fight the process and represent our guys. Unfortunately, the coaches don't have that. The coaches are told the way it's going to be, and they have no way to fight back unfortunately, because I'd say certainly Mickey Loomis, Joe Vitt and Sean Payton didn't deserve what they got.
Quote:

Vilma made it clear that he still believes his reputation has been harmed by the way Goodell spoke publicly about allegations that Vilma was the ring-leader of a bounty program which rewarded hits that injured targeted opponents, and that he put up $10,000 bounties on Kurt Warner and Brett Favre in the 2009-10 playoffs.

''Well the most important part of me being able to play now and not having to worry about a lingering suspension, that part is over,'' Vilma said. ''I'm excited about that. The next part is really, that's outside of football. That's talking about attacking a man's character, attacking a man's integrity.

Vilma said he could not be sure what kind of settlement he might be willing to accept, but sounded like he was more interested in seeing through a court case with evidence made public than taking a financial settlement and keeping quiet.

''This is my career. There are no do-overs in football. I don't get to stop, wait five years and start over and come back with a new attitude, or a new face, or anything like that,'' Vilma said. ''This is my legacy. This is what I leave behind. If I were to stop now, the only thing people are going to remember is the bounty. They're not going to remember anything before that. They're not going to remember all the accolades. That's why it's very important.''
Their head coach is stealing Vicodin pills for whatever reason and the NFL covers it up for them. Their GM is tapping opponents communications and that gets swept up by local politicians. The bounty players go to a meeting to see the evidence the NFL has and walk out of the room before anything is shown. Then they (and Brees) claim that that the NFL obviously doesn't have any evidence against them because they haven't seen it. Now, none of the players have really had to suffer any punishment and they're still complaining. I can't believe that Vilma would actually want this to go to trial and have people questioned, under oath, about their bounty program. Especially as there's already been affidavits from coaches about it going on. It just seems that Vilma is going to use a large percentage of his last NFL paycheck to pay lawyers to drag a case on the lawyers know they can't win. Genius.