CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 03-10-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Noodle (Post 11317345)
With all these talks, I reckon Jax might win now in Week 6

Give yourself a barrage of body blows, Noodle. :clown:

jazman 03-10-2013 01:05 PM

A source that I am not sure if it is credible or not tells me that the Cowboys will be coming over to the UK to play the Jags next year. Hopefully without Romo.

Fingers and everything else crossed.

Strathclyde Eagle 03-10-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11315440)
Btw, I'm about to have convulsions if I have to hear about how the Saints are 4-0 solely because Payton is back. Doesn't matter that they've had 3 home games and had to get a Schiano special to win at Tampa Bay.

I think everyone has forgotten that they don't have any defenders or their general manager suspended either. They're obviously a lot more stable than they were this time last year, although to be honest they haven't been as dominant as I was expecting (Monday aside, typically).

Absolution 03-10-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 11317755)
A source that I am not sure if it is credible or not tells me that the Cowboys will be coming over to the UK to play the Jags next year. Hopefully without Romo.

Fingers and everything else crossed.

Six year contract probably says he will be here!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 04-10-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11315070)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aft/index.html
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php
http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Mock-Draft-2011
http://www.sbnation.com/2011-nfl-dra...ck-projections

Looks like every mock had Gabbert as #2 and Locker as #3, with Ponder a late first rounder at best. Maybe the Panthers did talk to Ponder in case they wanted him in the second round if they had passed on Cam.

The Panthers were always going to take Cam. I think they talked to a number of players just to keep the other teams guessing, as they all tend to do.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 04-10-2013 03:46 AM

What a punt return that was!

Absolution 04-10-2013 11:31 AM

Hoyer vs Manuel was a pretty inexperienced head-to-head to begin with, but at least they can win the odd game.. Weeden vs Tuel was never going to be pretty.

oz_da II 04-10-2013 01:29 PM

If a bloke sitting on a couch in Australia knows you can't review a missed illegal motion shouldn't an NFL coach know this important fact?

Nice work, Marrone. :clown:

jazman 04-10-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolution (Post 11317901)
Six year contract probably says he will be here!

Don't I know it! As most on here will know, I've been a staunch supporter of Romo but this season I'm losing my patience. I watch other teams and how the QB runs the team, influences plays, gets the job done. There is no such faith in Romo. There was very little but I liked the way he tried to get things done. This season is different. He has been heavily involved in the coaching side to the point where the offence is pretty much his. And while I can guess that most will give him some grace after four games but I fail to see what has changed. This year is potentially one of the best rosters we have had in a long while. And while the loss to KFC was not perhaps as bad as first though considering their run so far, the loss to the Chargers was hard to take.

In saying all that, we'll probably go and make the Super Bowl. But with Romo at QB, I really doubt it.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 04-10-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 11319387)
Don't I know it! As most on here will know, I've been a staunch supporter of Romo but this season I'm losing my patience. I watch other teams and how the QB runs the team, influences plays, gets the job done. There is no such faith in Romo. There was very little but I liked the way he tried to get things done. This season is different. He has been heavily involved in the coaching side to the point where the offence is pretty much his. And while I can guess that most will give him some grace after four games but I fail to see what has changed. This year is potentially one of the best rosters we have had in a long while. And while the loss to KFC was not perhaps as bad as first though considering their run so far, the loss to the Chargers was hard to take.

In saying all that, we'll probably go and make the Super Bowl. But with Romo at QB, I really doubt it.

What kind of OL do the Cowboys have? Elite QBs will often find a way regardless, but some teams do tend to neglect the somewhat unglamorous process of investing in a good OL. I would imagine that Jerry Jones is more the type to prefer flashy draft picks and trades!

Funk Butter 04-10-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 11319338)
If a bloke sitting on a couch in Australia knows you can't review a missed illegal motion shouldn't an NFL coach know this important fact?

Nice work, Marrone. :clown:

I think he wanted to challenge the play before. The refs stopped the play before the illegal motion and I'm sure Marrone was saying that Cameron was already out of bounds when the illegal contact happened on the previous play. (On top of the fact that Cameron was the one that should have been called for a penalty) But regardless of that, it was a stupid challenge because it obviously is not reviewable.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 05-10-2013 12:23 AM

Panthers have reportedly traded Jon Beason to the Giants for a late round pick.

Not the player he once was this season, but a bit surprised they didn't wait to see if his form picked up the more he recovered from his injuries.

Gonna miss the Beast!

Benzhiyi 05-10-2013 12:27 AM

Congrats to our very own Pauldrulez for making his debut for Buffalo last night in relief of EJ Manuel. :lux: :lux: :lux:

oz_da II 05-10-2013 12:43 AM

Fluffy was a Cougar?

:eek: :D

pauldrulez 06-10-2013 07:06 PM

Geno Atkins is a monster

Funk Butter 06-10-2013 07:09 PM

What a kick in the teeth that Megatron's out. He was in all my Fanduel teams this weekend. I was so confident too.

pauldrulez 06-10-2013 07:32 PM

Andy Dalton, what sort of throw was that?

Latvian Eagle 06-10-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 11320080)
Panthers have reportedly traded Jon Beason to the Giants for a late round pick.

Not the player he once was this season, but a bit surprised they didn't wait to see if his form picked up the more he recovered from his injuries.

Gonna miss the Beast!

Such a shame! Could have been great if he'd stayed injury free.

Funk Butter 06-10-2013 07:58 PM

Yep, Sam Bradford will never be a good NFL QB.

LLCOOLSTEVE 06-10-2013 08:00 PM

How the hell the Colts are beating the Seattle right now is beyond me


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.