CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

saxoneagle 22-10-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 11347849)
That's what the locals will want to watch

Not the Pats?

CT_Palace 22-10-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11347852)
Not the Pats?

Possibly, I just don't see the East Coast networks going anywhere other than the Philly game due to the rivalry.

saxoneagle 22-10-2013 06:26 PM

Pats Fins is more important than Giants Eagles, surely!

Swanny32 22-10-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11347862)
Pats Fins is more important than Giants Eagles, surely!

Even I'd rather watch Pats/Fins over Eagles/Giants with the way those two teams are going. That being said, the Pats haven't been all that great to watch this year either. Funny old season!

Strathclyde Eagle 22-10-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11347837)
Wasn't there a SB not so long ago up north in a dome where people were struggling to get to the stadium as the weather was so bad and roads were blocked with snow?

I like the idea of Super Bowl XVI in Detroit not being all that long ago. :D

That pre-dates my interest in the game by about four years. Second week that I was watching was the Theismann injury covered in the opening pages of The Blind Side book (as well as the opening minutes of the film).

CT_Palace 22-10-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11347862)
Pats Fins is more important than Giants Eagles, surely!

To the Pats and Fins fans, yes. But not in the Tri-State.

FYI I get NYC tv in my area not Boston.

Funk Butter 22-10-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11347837)
Wasn't there a SB not so long ago up north in a dome where people were struggling to get to the stadium as the weather was so bad and roads were blocked with snow?

People still bitch about the Rams/Titans Super Bowl here because of the ice storm we had. Like it ruined the game or something. It was mainly dreary reporters that have nothing better to do than complain.

jazman 22-10-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11347850)
You drinking anywhere before?

Not sure, likely to go straight to the ground as I'm taking the old man ... will let you know nearer the time though ... very un-organised this week ..

saxoneagle 22-10-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 11348105)
Not sure, likely to go straight to the ground as I'm taking the old man ... will let you know nearer the time though ... very un-organised this week ..

I'm contemplating Baker St for a couple around lunchtime then heading to the stadium for around 3.30/4-ish. Have to remember the clocks change on Sunday morning!

saxoneagle 22-10-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 11347891)
To the Pats and Fins fans, yes. But not in the Tri-State.

FYI I get NYC tv in my area not Boston.

Eurgh. I used to get the Fox feed from Rochester, NY when I was in Bermuda. My wife hated seeing all the fast food commercials during the football on the Sundays knowing (a) everything in Bermuda was shut and (b) even if it was open, it wouldn't be anywhere near as "good" as US fast food! Bless her...

jazman 22-10-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11348113)
I'm contemplating Baker St for a couple around lunchtime then heading to the stadium for around 3.30/4-ish. Have to remember the clocks change on Sunday morning!

They change for the good though thankfully ... 5pm kick off I think. Will more than likely hit the Sports Bar at Victoria for some food first but yet to be decided ...

Vince Hilaire's Afro 22-10-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman (Post 11343260)
Gus Poyet ;)

Seriously though, great review of what happened. Who was the Panther getting all excited about Long being ejected and constantly reinacted the zebras 'ejection signal'. Hilarious viewing.

From the Charlotte observer:

Hartsock had one of the funniest moments after the biggest fight, which resulted in the ejection of Rams defensive end Chris Long.

“I was like the baseball ump who tosses a guy,” said Hartsock, who lifted his finger to the air and “threw” Long out of the game – twice. “I wasn't involved in the fight – I just came in for the icing on the cake.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

saxoneagle 23-10-2013 11:36 AM

Didn't do my picks last week... realistically, I'd have picked somewhere between 8 and 10 out of 15 correct, so no bloody better than usual!

oz_da II 23-10-2013 11:50 AM

I see we're down to the final three in the Survivor League.

The Bills doing the damage with a knockout last weekend.

jazman 23-10-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 11348495)
From the Charlotte observer:

Hartsock had one of the funniest moments after the biggest fight, which resulted in the ejection of Rams defensive end Chris Long.

“I was like the baseball ump who tosses a guy,” said Hartsock, who lifted his finger to the air and “threw” Long out of the game – twice. “I wasn't involved in the fight – I just came in for the icing on the cake.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Brilliant. It was hilarious to watch.

pauldrulez 23-10-2013 04:47 PM

Kevin Cadle...

Quote:

KC: Tom Brady is a talent, but the greatest of all time? Not for me. I like players who can call their own plays.
Fool.

Best ever or not, the man is one of the best no huddle QB's ever. He calls his own plays most of the time anyway. Idiotic argument.

Latvian Eagle 23-10-2013 09:27 PM

Can I just say...

I have been a Carolina Panthers fan since 2007... So 6 years now and I reckon we have been shown on Sky Sports probably 4 times in that time... I reckon we could be the least shown team in the whole NFL?! Am I just being crazy or do we never seem to get shown as a live game?

oz_da II 24-10-2013 01:43 PM

Apparently the Rams gave Brett Favre a call asking if he wanted a game. :clown:

He declined.

LLCOOLSTEVE 24-10-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 11351813)
Can I just say...

I have been a Carolina Panthers fan since 2007... So 6 years now and I reckon we have been shown on Sky Sports probably 4 times in that time... I reckon we could be the least shown team in the whole NFL?! Am I just being crazy or do we never seem to get shown as a live game?

You missed the good times

saxoneagle 24-10-2013 03:24 PM

Amazed nobody has yet posted about the games next year.

Cowboys @ Jags
Fins @ Raiders
Lions @ Falcons

Megatron!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.