CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 07-09-2014 11:45 PM

Warm up, Weeden! :D

Tripod 10 07-09-2014 11:49 PM

Christ on a bike!!!!!
Goodnight all.
There is always next week......

JohnInTheUSA 07-09-2014 11:50 PM

Enjoying this... Birds were unconvincing first half (terrible actually). Chip got it fixed and we're off! Skins terrible, Cowboys bad... just need a Giants derp and we're good to go!

CT_Palace 07-09-2014 11:54 PM

The 50% (is it that many?) of the crowd who are there to support the home team are not happy with that 1st half performance. Plenty of boos .

JohnInTheUSA 07-09-2014 11:58 PM

Sea of red jerseys. v funny

oz_da II 08-09-2014 12:18 AM

McCown, "Hey Tony, anything you can do, I can do worse!"

CT_Palace 08-09-2014 12:24 AM

Tipped, turn over, fumble...
You have to laugh :D

CT_Palace 08-09-2014 12:55 AM

What is it about the 9ers and crap referees???? Shitty soft penalties. Ridiculous.

Funk Butter 08-09-2014 12:59 AM

Oh boy, these digital watch numbers the Bucs are wearing are terrible.

L'kooch 08-09-2014 01:02 AM

come on you bears

2016 nfc champions

oz_da II 08-09-2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11967349)
Oh boy, these digital watch numbers the Bucs are wearing are terrible.


Agreed.

Worst two team jersey match-up? The Buccaneer dirty orange is a terrible contrast with the Panther teal. Hard on the eye.

pauldrulez 08-09-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott (Post 11967262)
They ran a LOT of 40 front today though. I was expecting to see 3, and was left disappointed.





I wasn't disappointed about anything else though!


It was 3, with Jones playing OLB. It could be called a 40 but they played with the concepts of Belichicks old 34, and got mullered.

jazman 08-09-2014 10:58 AM

Well that was an absolute farce. As I mentioned last night, I never expected much out of this season but it is the same old problems. Garrett should not be entering his fourth full season in charge and as for Jerry Jones, he should be doing what his predecessor did when he took over. Time to step aside as the longer he remains in charge we simply will not go anywhere.

The problem with the game last night was that we learnt nothing from pre-season. It has made a complete mockery of it and conditioning apart, something should have been taken from it. Not only that, it is the same old errors and there will always be the Romo lovers and haters but he had no excuses last night for his fans to stick up for him. As you will all know, I have stuck up for him in the past but last season really tested me. He stats alone look decent but when he needs to make a big play, he rarely does.

Maybe last night is a blessing in disguise. Maybe it will just be a bust season. What hit me the most last night was Jason Garret applauding Romo who had just thrown an interception. That for me is everything that is wrong with the culture at the franchise. Along with the prawn sandwich brigade that chose to boo the team at certain intervals which is something I cannot condone. The place should be a fortress, a place that teams fear to come to. Instead it is an air conditioned bowl. Perhaps it should be open to elements like places such as Green Bay and Chicago are. Too many Niners fans at the AT&M last night too - Crabtree had 70 tickets for family and friends. At an away game ?!?!?!

I'd value some of your views, as constructive as possible on where you think our problems lay. I firmly but sadly believe that there needs to be a culture change before anything happens of any value on the pitch.

pauldrulez 08-09-2014 11:29 AM

I've said it to you for a few years Jay, the team will never win while Jerry Jones is there.

He had to be fought to stop the picking Manziel in the draft.

They've made some solid picks, but there has to be something seriously wrong with that D for Claiborne and Carr to look that bad, as neither should be as bad as they currently are.

The team needs to reach out to College and see if the Stanford coach (Shaw) would consider the job, as he'd kick them into shape.

But, I can see John Harbaugh being the coach next year. For some reason, he's determined to blow his way out of San Fran.

jazman 08-09-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11967574)
I've said it to you for a few years Jay, the team will never win while Jerry Jones is there.

He had to be fought to stop the picking Manziel in the draft.

They've made some solid picks, but there has to be something seriously wrong with that D for Claiborne and Carr to look that bad, as neither should be as bad as they currently are.

The team needs to reach out to College and see if the Stanford coach (Shaw) would consider the job, as he'd kick them into shape.

But, I can see John Harbaugh being the coach next year. For some reason, he's determined to blow his way out of San Fran.

Yep, and you're right. A lot of Dallas fans feel the same way and there are a lot losing patience with Romo especially when you consider he signed a new deal last season to keep him for another six years. With that line in front of him, he won't make it past this season let alone another five.

A big shake up is needed. Garrett clearly cannot cut it in the job but for some reason he seems untouchable. I would welcome Harbaugh with open arms. He certainly wouldn't clap Romo for throwing an interception.

Absolution 08-09-2014 11:58 AM

FINALLY the Vikings have a coach that knows how to organise a defence!

(Even if it was against the crappy Rams, who suck)

aj4england 08-09-2014 12:06 PM

Really only got into the NFL last year due to one of my closest friends works for them in their London office. Its also on at very suitable times on a Sunday. Really struggling to learn all the players & pick a favorite team! I presume this just comes from watching and reading up over time though. As for the names of the plays, can't keep up with that too.

My pre-season prediction for the playoffs would be the Seahawks, 49ers, Dolphins and the Broncos. Pretty good start.

Latvian Eagle 08-09-2014 12:13 PM

I know it was only the Buccs but great to open with a win. Have to be honest the fact Cam was out wasn't a problem for me. I remember Derek Anderson being a more than capable QB for the Browns. Now if Jimmy Clausen was still our number 2 I might have worried. :D

jazman 08-09-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 11967644)
Really only got into the NFL last year due to one of my closest friends works for them in their London office. Its also on at very suitable times on a Sunday. Really struggling to learn all the players & pick a favorite team! I presume this just comes from watching and reading up over time though. As for the names of the plays, can't keep up with that too.

My pre-season prediction for the playoffs would be the Seahawks, 49ers, Dolphins and the Broncos. Pretty good start.

Some of us have some kind of affiliation with the area of the team we support, others just picked a team from the start. It's really personal preference more than football at least used be more tribal.

Just don't go for Philadelphia. Too many of them on here as it is ;)

davematt 08-09-2014 12:17 PM

I went to bed at half time as we were in cruise control in the first half.

Dallas were getting good pressure on Kap, but when he did release it, he seemed to find Boldin especially completley open.

Carlos Hyde looks an absolute beast. A perfect long term replacement for Frank Gore.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.