CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

saxoneagle 15-01-2018 09:34 AM

Those 2 results yesterday were the worst possible combination for me.

My main ticket contact is from the Jags = another week to wait to see if I can get a ticket.

If not, the resale market... and with the Vikings being close, that's currently about $5k per ticket. F***.

However, a Vikings v Pats/Jags Superbowl would be ace. And it would mean the Eagles not winning, which is good.

Palace_Akie 15-01-2018 10:02 AM

Two amazing games last night. Great entertainment!

Icy 15-01-2018 12:25 PM

Yup, what a finish to the Vikings game. Diggs catch and hurdle was class and it was great to see them go through. Love their stadium and the noise, plus it sets up what should be a quality clash against the Eagles.

MasterYoda 15-01-2018 12:42 PM

put on a random free bet a year ago - that basically is now down to an EW on the Pats winning the whole thing. Worth about £250 if they win, half if they don't.

Debating covering the next game but it should be fairly regulation.... shouldn't it?

hughff 15-01-2018 08:31 PM

For me, one of the interesting stories is that each of the quarterbacks can claim to be a GOAT:
  • Brady, as both QB (obviously) and obnoxious twat over his career at the Manchester United of the NFL
  • Bortles as sporting punchline
  • Keenum and Foles as backups thrust into a starting role.
Three players who no-one would've thought could've lead their team here at the start of the season are still standing.

kayjay 16-01-2018 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 14055558)
Yup, what a finish to the Vikings game. Diggs catch and hurdle was class and it was great to see them go through. Love their stadium and the noise, plus it sets up what should be a quality clash against the Eagles.

Defense on Diggs, what was that? :eek:

Icy 16-01-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 14056860)
For me, one of the interesting stories is that each of the quarterbacks can claim to be a GOAT:
  • Brady, as both QB (obviously) and obnoxious twat over his career at the Manchester United of the NFL
  • Bortles as sporting punchline
  • Keenum and Foles as backups thrust into a starting role.
Three players who no-one would've thought could've lead their team here at the start of the season are still standing.

I think plenty that thought Brady and the Pats would be there or there abouts. Bortles i'd agree but he's been playing well recently. Looks like some good quality QB's in the coming draft, so i will be interesting to see how the QB slots play out next season (although SF will i imagine be the clear winners in that slot as JG gets a full season).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 14057411)
Defense on Diggs, what was that? :eek:

Weak :supergrin:

davematt 16-01-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterYoda (Post 14055616)
Debating covering the next game but it should be fairly regulation.... shouldn't it?

Jags rise has been pretty incredible given where they were this time last season. They have so much young talent and could be a real force in next few years.

But I just can't see them going into Foxborough and putting one on Brady.

Palace_Akie 16-01-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 14056860)
For me, one of the interesting stories is that each of the quarterbacks can claim to be a GOAT:
  • Brady, as both QB (obviously) and obnoxious twat over his career at the Manchester United of the NFL
  • Bortles as sporting punchline
  • Keenum and Foles as backups thrust into a starting role.
Three players who no-one would've thought could've lead their team here at the start of the season are still standing.

After watching 'All or Nothing' with the LA Rams, I'm rooting for Keenum all the way. He came across as hard working and a real team player on that especially after he inevitably got benched for Goff.

aj4england 16-01-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace_Akie (Post 14058151)
After watching 'All or Nothing' with the LA Rams, I'm rooting for Keenum all the way. He came across as hard working and a real team player on that especially after he inevitably got benched for Goff.

Agreed. Though he looks like The Miz from WWE

ben1987 16-01-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14058109)
Jags rise has been pretty incredible given where they were this time last season. They have so much young talent and could be a real force in next few years.

But I just can't see them going into Foxborough and putting one on Brady.

I don't know much about the salary cap and contracts but I'll be interested to see how the Jags retain a lot of these stars over the next few years. Their defense is loaded and have playmakers on offsense that will want to be paid, eg Hurns, Robinson, Lee.

davematt 16-01-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben1987 (Post 14058302)
I don't know much about the salary cap and contracts but I'll be interested to see how the Jags retain a lot of these stars over the next few years. Their defense is loaded and have playmakers on offsense that will want to be paid, eg Hurns, Robinson, Lee.

Yep, truth is, they'll struggle in long term when this lot are up for new deals.

pauldrulez 16-01-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben1987 (Post 14058302)
I don't know much about the salary cap and contracts but I'll be interested to see how the Jags retain a lot of these stars over the next few years. Their defense is loaded and have playmakers on offsense that will want to be paid, eg Hurns, Robinson, Lee.

They have $17m projected cap space next season with Robinson as one of their FA’s. However, they have approx $34m to roll over to next year as well, giving them enough room to keep who they like for next season and pay whatever QB they choose. They’d have an extra $19m if they chose to release Bortles (for example, if they traded for Cousins or another QB), however I assume they’ll draft a replacement as they’re stacked across the roster and would be my AFC Champ pick for 2018 without doubt, and I’m sure they’re going to give the Pats a lot of trouble on offense this Sunday.

pauldrulez 16-01-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14058317)
Yep, truth is, they'll struggle in long term when this lot are up for new deals.

The vast majority have deals through 2019.

If they can keep rolling over massive amounts, it won’t matter. They have Bouye and Ramsey for at least 3 more seasons at very reasonable costs for their talent

Palace_Akie 16-01-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben1987 (Post 14058302)
I don't know much about the salary cap and contracts but I'll be interested to see how the Jags retain a lot of these stars over the next few years. Their defense is loaded and have playmakers on offsense that will want to be paid, eg Hurns, Robinson, Lee.

Rumours before the playoffs were that they'd cut Hurns (who has an opt out after this season so the next 2 years guarantees only apply if he's still on the roster by a certain date) and let Lee hit free agency. Lets them concentrate on re-signing Allen Robinson to be the #1 WR alongside Dede Westbrook and Keenan Cole.

That would create cap space for the future when they might need it.

hughff 17-01-2018 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace_Akie (Post 14058151)
After watching 'All or Nothing' with the LA Rams, I'm rooting for Keenum all the way. He came across as hard working and a real team player on that especially after he inevitably got benched for Goff.

I agree. He was a class act in that all the way - thoroughly professional.

ben1987 17-01-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 14058322)
They have $17m projected cap space next season with Robinson as one of their FA’s. However, they have approx $34m to roll over to next year as well, giving them enough room to keep who they like for next season and pay whatever QB they choose. They’d have an extra $19m if they chose to release Bortles (for example, if they traded for Cousins or another QB), however I assume they’ll draft a replacement as they’re stacked across the roster and would be my AFC Champ pick for 2018 without doubt, and I’m sure they’re going to give the Pats a lot of trouble on offense this Sunday.

Useful, cheers Paul. I agree about them being the team to beat in the AFC in 2018, particularly with a more serviceable QB. Tyrod Taylor, Cousins, any one of the Vikings QBs would all be an upgrade on Bortles IMO.

Funk Butter 17-01-2018 03:37 PM

Plus, the Jags went from bad free agent signings like Julius Thomas and Jared Odrick to Calais Campbell, Barry Church and AJ Bouye. Mix in some useful draft picks like Fournette, Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey and they've picked up useful players on both sides of the ball.

LLCOOLSTEVE 18-01-2018 01:11 AM

Oooh Brady Injured

tsunamiman 18-01-2018 09:42 AM

He'll be fine,

For people looking for fun stuff on twitter. Blake Bortles Facts and Capt. Andrew Luck are very good.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.