CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

CommercialStone 03-01-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15042145)
People really thinking the Saints. I might be biased and remember them getting completely shut down by the Falcons at home, but I don't see it. I'm thinking that the Packers have been completely mysteriously coasting thru the season even though Rodgers hasn't been carrying them and will get thru the NFC.

Agree. Packers to win the Superbowl. Rodgers to carry them.

adman50 03-01-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommercialStone (Post 15042972)
Agree. Packers to win the Superbowl. Rodgers to carry them.

Currently 10/1....worth a tenner!

kayjay 04-01-2020 01:31 AM

The Superbowl game I want to see for crazy high scoring offense is Chiefs v 49'ers.

Funk Butter 04-01-2020 10:47 AM

I'm playing in a Fantasy Playoffs league with suicide pool mixed in. You pick a normal fantasy lineup every weekend to get points but the trick is that you can only pick a player one time for the duration of the playoffs. I won it the only time I played years ago but haven't played it since because I thought it was a little luck based. I've concentrated on the Houston/Bills game as they have no chance of winning more than a game.

CP-RJW 04-01-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommercialStone (Post 15042972)
Agree. Packers to win the Superbowl. Rodgers to carry them.

Packers really haven’t played that well this season, relative to their record. Which makes it all the more shitty that my Vikes lost to them twice. Rodgers could easily turn it on in the playoffs though.

But from the NFC it has to be the Saints for me. Will play against the Ravens or the Pats (you just can’t discount their playoff heritage, despite Brady’s decline this season) in the Super Bowl.

kayjay 05-01-2020 02:18 AM

Love the post match interview with Watson -
"Someone had to be great today, why not me?"

hughff 05-01-2020 03:21 AM

Except he was the lesser QB in that game IMO but he had the better supporting cast. What it really came down to was Cody Ford's unnecessary, illegal block.

kayjay 05-01-2020 04:47 AM

Not that great Deshaun, sacked 7 times!
Allen's hail mary on 2nd down was such a bonehead play. Just had to move the chains.

CT_Palace 05-01-2020 05:11 AM

Can Tennessee hold on?

CT_Palace 05-01-2020 05:19 AM

yes they can!

One season too many Tom. Time to go, you've had a good innings mate.

CP-RJW 05-01-2020 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15044291)
Packers really haven’t played that well this season, relative to their record. Which makes it all the more shitty that my Vikes lost to them twice. Rodgers could easily turn it on in the playoffs though.

But from the NFC it has to be the Saints for me. Will play against the Ravens or the Pats (you just can’t discount their playoff heritage, despite Brady’s decline this season)in the Super Bowl.

Happy I got this prediction wrong :lux:

Brady passes over the ‘GOAT’ torch to the new GOAT, Ryan Tannehill.

GB2506 05-01-2020 01:19 PM

No surprise in us losing to the Titans. Thankfully after the Dolphins loss it gets our season over a week earlier. Brady will be back next year, no doubt about that. As Romo said on commentary he needs some weapons. He hasnít had a terrible season, just a below par one for his standards. Huge off-season for us, key free agents and potential retirements (McCourty x2, Van Noy, Jamie Collins), McDaniels may not be there either. We shall see.

adman50 05-01-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman50 (Post 15041981)

Texans to beat Bill's.


Lastly...I'm gonna take Titans in overtime in New England.

I'm 2 for 2 but jesus christ both games had me sweating!!!

Love this game!!

adman50 05-01-2020 06:34 PM

Saints are gonna win by 3 scores which I have backed at 4/1.

Seahawks gonna win by 3 in a low scoring game 21-18.

CP-RJW 05-01-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman50 (Post 15046587)
Saints are gonna win by 3 scores which I have backed at 4/1.

Seahawks gonna win by 3 in a low scoring game 21-18.

Vikings putting up a decent fight so far

adman50 05-01-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15046879)
Vikings putting up a decent fight so far

Been impressed with them.

Criminal mistake by Brees there just got pissed off it seemed and launched the bomb.

Be interesting second half to see what adjustments happen.

CT_Palace 05-01-2020 08:23 PM

I just have the feeling that the Saints have a lot more in the tank.
The Vikes just don't look dangerous on offense. Mind you a score right now would be nice

CP-RJW 05-01-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15046889)
I just have the feeling that the Saints have a lot more in the tank.
The Vikes just don't look dangerous on offense. Mind you a score right now would be nice

Got it :lux:

But the Saints back to the 25 within seconds :D

CP-RJW 05-01-2020 08:32 PM

13-10 to the Vikings at the half. Delighted, but I doubt it’ll last.

adman50 05-01-2020 08:32 PM

Lutz is money in the bank ffs


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.